Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:15 PM

313 posts, read 1,053,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
It almost makes up for Stew Leonard's never opening .
As much as I really want to be back on LI, I will miss Stew Leonard's terribly. It's a great place. Can't believe there isn't one on LI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 07:04 AM

44 posts, read 206,039 times
Default Yes. Our own outlet!

I'm glad that there is finally some news on this project. My husband had read about one article about it and he couldn't find anything else. BTW this was early last year, and I actually didn't believe him. I kept saying, well if it's not in any of the local newspapers or on the internet, then maybe it's a rumor. I'm sure someone will post that there were plenty of articles, but we googled it several times last year and found very little on it. Last fall I visited the Riverhead outlet and they actually had the Deer Park site listed as opening in Fall of 2008. Only then was I a believer. I then made my husband drive me to the site and I realized it had been under my nose the whole time. DUH!
I can't wait for it to open and I've already mentioned it to my co-workers.

I'm wondering what positive and negative impact will it have for the community and surrounding areas?

PS. Nancy the reader...I envy you.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:57 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
I think its so weird that they are building the one in Deer Park. Tons of people come to Riverhead from NYC & NJ to shop at Tanger, now they'll only go as far as Deer Park.
I'm wondering what affect that will have on the Riverhead location.
I spoke with a very active commercial real estate broker about this issue. He fully expects that this location will canibalize from the Riverhead one.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I wonder if they will have the same stores, though.

I would not think that Riverhead would be that affected because the people who go to Riverhead seem to be on their way to the Hamptons , I think. They are so far away from each other that they almost are in different states ( well, at least the way I drive never on any expressways ) .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-04-2009 at 05:32 PM..

Old 05-05-2008, 07:28 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
I was told that the Deer Park Tanger will have mainly big box stores, not small stores like Riverhead, and Deer Park will have no food court, only sit down resteruants.
So they will be somewhat different, but there is no doubt Deer Park will steer some folks away from Riverhead. Not that I mind, it'd be nice to be able to get a seat in the food court on weekends again.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:05 PM

220 posts, read 1,119,387 times
There's also a "new mall" opening between Tanger One and Tanger Two in Riverhead. It will be on/share the roadway that leads out of of the outlets to Rte 25. It isn't owned by Tanger but will be a whole new lot of stores.

Also, on 58 across from Tanger there is going to be an enormous new shopping center. Some square acreage I can't even recall; it was so large I couldn't envision it.

Both seem to be good to go fairly quickly.

(If only Main Street, Riverhead could come along as quickly, but I digress...)

I actually don't see the majority of the people at Tanger as being on their way to/from the Hamptons, and it does seem that the Deer Park Tanger has to take something from Riverhead, I would think unfortunately. Many people seem to come from so far. I hope it is different in scope, as someone posted; I wouldn't want to see the Riverhead Tanger further degrade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island