Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 07:11 AM

101 posts, read 70,880 times

Advertisements

I need to update my kitchen and Im looking for affordable cabinets. Its a small kitchen and I only need about 15 feet of upper and lower cabinets. I dont want to measure myself and order them piece by piece. Id like a place that will measure, order and install. I havent personally gotten any quotes yet but I know people who have gone to home depot, lowes and some kitchen and bath stores and the quotes were pretty high. So im curious if anyone has any recommendations on an affordable place. I plan on selling the house in a few years so I dont need top of the line, just something new and nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 09:19 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,172,598 times
Try IKEA

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/kitch...-fronts-24254/

Old 10-22-2020, 12:29 PM

156 posts, read 377,449 times
You could also try FB marketplace and Craigslist. Sometimes people get rid of perfectly fine cabinets because they want something different. A co-worker did this and got a full set for around $1000.

Old 10-22-2020, 06:33 PM

20,894 posts, read 28,292,803 times
why not have your current cabinets refaced? Unless they are in shotty condition

Old 10-22-2020, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the replies. Im pretty sure the cabinets are original to the house built in 1959. My grandmother was the original owner and almost nothing was ever upgraded. The cabinets are in decent shape but need to be replaced. Ive looked at used ones but I dont want to have to piece it together. Id like someone to measure and show up with cabinets that fit exact to my kitchen. Ill have to keep shopping around.

Old 10-22-2020, 08:02 PM

686 posts, read 579,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBandit5433 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Im pretty sure the cabinets are original to the house built in 1959. My grandmother was the original owner and almost nothing was ever upgraded. The cabinets are in decent shape but need to be replaced. Ive looked at used ones but I dont want to have to piece it together. Id like someone to measure and show up with cabinets that fit exact to my kitchen. Ill have to keep shopping around.
Have you checked out cabinets to go? My father used them for his kitchen, and one of his rental apartments. He was really happy with them.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:47 AM

911 posts, read 879,461 times
We just did our kitchen and bought from Best Online Cabinets (www.bestonlinecabinets.com) They were wonderful to work with and my cabinets are beautiful. They do not install though so you would need an installer. They do offer free design and walk you through the measurements.

They are built in California and the shipping is free. You can order them pre-assembled (which I did) or ready to assemble. They were about 1/3 of the price of my other quotes and much better quality. 3/4 " plywood box, soft close solid wood doors and drawers and 4 coats of paint. You can choose the type of wood you want for the face.

I normally would have been nervous to order online, but my contractor/friend ordered them for his kitchen many years ago so I got to check his out. I also ordered a sample to see the color and style in person.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:34 AM

150 posts, read 109,120 times
Go the HD and Lowe’s route, and just be up front and tell them you want the cheapest cabinets. And then plop down one of those 10-20% coupons that we get in the mail all the time.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Have you checked out cabinets to go? My father used them for his kitchen, and one of his rental apartments. He was really happy with them.
Ill check this out thanks for the tip

Old 10-25-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHell View Post
Go the HD and Lowe’s route, and just be up front and tell them you want the cheapest cabinets. And then plop down one of those 10-20% coupons that we get in the mail all the time.
I get a lot of interest free offers Ive took advantage of using the store credit card but I dont remember ever getting any 10-20% coupons. Usually those have a long list of exclusions. Has anyone else used a coupon like this on kitchen cabinets or other home remodel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island