Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 10:41 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
My post has two questions (left unanswered), two opinions and two facts (the $4B to PFE and MDRNA is commonly known and the dosage distribution is taken from the CDC).

So, exactly, what is inaccurate?
It's sort of Trumpian to correct the numbers to still embarrassing numbers. 7m registered in a day or two and we have 1.6m doses (maybe, I call a fair amount of BS on those CDC numbers just like every governor in America seems to be doing). One Trump says this, 50 govs say that. I know who I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 11:03 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
It's sort of Trumpian to correct the numbers to still embarrassing numbers. 7m registered in a day or two and we have 1.6m doses (maybe, I call a fair amount of BS on those CDC numbers just like every governor in America seems to be doing). One Trump says this, 50 govs say that. I know who I believe.
Unfortunately, we can't believe anyone at this point. Everyone lies.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:10 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
That seems very complicated.

I heard Cuomo overreacted to Covid and didn’t mind cooling off the sizzling Trump economy to help any Dem challenger.

There is a cool conspiracy theory that when Trump was tossed off Twitter a couple of days ago he hacked Cuomo’s account to make that tweet.
And this is why talking politics is a complete waste of F'in time. Back and forth, back and forth. What do you people gain from it?

The biggest fail of our country is the 2-sided system. Them vs. us. Good vs. evil. Sports teams battling, superheroes & villains colliding. We're full-grown adults and can think sensibly & objectively, I thought. Forget political affiliation - when we somehow elected this guy into office, the majority didn't know what an infant he'd turn out to be. Now that we had a re-do, still half this country wanted him and all his ignorances back. It says way too much, a complete embarrassment for the world to see.

Last edited by ovi8; 01-13-2021 at 11:28 AM..

Old 01-13-2021, 11:26 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post

And that's a lie too.

So is my response.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
No, I've been a good judge of liars for 50+ years. I can tell who's full of it even before reading the obvious tells. So can almost everyone else. What they CHOOSE to believe or deny is another story altogether. Right now you can hold up two cats and some would argue one is a dog no matter how many videos or DNA tests were taken and no matter how flat out insane they sound. If it doesn't suit their narrative, they skip it and move to a more convenient truth. That is a new phenomenon. People didn't used to be so proud of their ignorance and magnanimous about spewing nonsense "somebody said" or "lots of people are sayin." But they parrot the big fella. We used to seek the truth. Now we dismiss even the most obvious truth out of cynicism.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:35 AM

1,307 posts, read 1,664,424 times
Quote:
It s not a lie that the hospital systems need to go back to NYS to replenish their vaccine stocks, defend how the previous stocks have been used and have been severely restricted about using their own discretion when using leftover end-of-day doses, to the point where perfectly good vaccine doses were thrown away in lieu of butting head with the states "woke" mandates.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
It s not a lie that the hospital systems need to go back to NYS to replenish their vaccine stocks, defend how the previous stocks have been used and have been severely restricted about using their own discretion when using leftover end-of-day doses, to the point where perfectly good vaccine doses were thrown away in lieu of butting head with the states "woke" mandates.
I agree with you. It's a serious cluster f getting the vaccine out. Many doses have been thrown out due to mismanaged appointments and distribution. It's seriously a shame. Many want it, yet it gets THROWN OUT. We can't do anything right anymore.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
No, I've been a good judge of liars for 50+ years. I can tell who's full of it even before reading the obvious tells. So can almost everyone else. What they CHOOSE to believe or deny is another story altogether. Right now you can hold up two cats and some would argue one is a dog no matter how many videos or DNA tests were taken and no matter how flat out insane they sound. If it doesn't suit their narrative, they skip it and move to a more convenient truth. That is a new phenomenon. People didn't used to be so proud of their ignorance and magnanimous about spewing nonsense "somebody said" or "lots of people are sayin." But they parrot the big fella. We used to seek the truth. Now we dismiss even the most obvious truth out of cynicism.
Right, and there's no liers on the other side? Let's just blame one moron, instead of all of them. Many liers, on both sides.

Old 01-13-2021, 12:08 PM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
On the good news side of things it seems some states are administering Covid vaccine doses far better than other states:

Only six states have administered more than 50% of the doses distributed to them, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Connecticut, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee and West Virginia.

On the opposite end, seven states have administered less than 25% of the doses they were given: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho and Virginia.

And according to the CDC: And starting in two weeks, vaccines will be distributed to states based on which jurisdictions are getting the most doses into arms and where the most older adults reside.

This means if New York is getting its act together (and Cuomo seems to be picking up the pace), they could be seeing a significant influx of doses in two weeks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...cid=entnewsntp

Old 01-13-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Right, and there's no liers on the other side? Let's just blame one moron, instead of all of them. Many liers, on both sides.
True, never a shortage of lying politicians, but never before have whole swaths of people bought into it because "they don't care, everyone lies" or it's more important to "own the libs." No, that's not our history. Not at all. That's our history since 2015. For all the SCREAMING on both wings, we are a CENTRIST country. That is why the REAL election of 2016 should have been Bernie vs Trump aka lib v con, rich v poor, elite v worker, mgmt v labor (oh wait, workers think they are repubs, lololololol). Too bad Trump steamrolled the Repubs and Hilary bribed/bought the Dems.

And oh yeah, no "politician" in my lifetime lied as bald faced and frequently as Trump. No one in my entire universe lies that much. Even the kids I coach lie better and are less gullible than 1/2 the population of adults.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 01-13-2021 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island