Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2021, 07:08 AM

226 posts, read 151,499 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how much it'll raise my mortgage and taxes... Taxes currently 1100/yr... Would an above ground raise it much more?? Town of Babylon. Or better off with an Intex above ground pool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 07:20 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Think you mean an in ground pool. Your question is puzzling. Have you already bought a home and are considering putting in a pool? IF that is the case, your mortgage is not impacted. Your mortgage is already in place and a pool would be an "improvement" if you will. Just like if you added a garage, once you owned the house.

Yes, it will increase your taxes, but not knowing what you are thinking about it is impossible to answer. No, an above ground pool will not add to your taxes, but you will need to fence the yard in.

IF you are looking at a home with a pool, that is included in the current taxes unless it is a brand new pool.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:20 AM

78 posts, read 66,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jme8378 View Post
Just wondering how much it'll raise my mortgage and taxes... Taxes currently 1100/yr... Would an above ground raise it much more?? Town of Babylon. Or better off with an Intex above ground pool?
If your taxes are $1100 a year, then farting in the wrong direction will probably double them.

In all seriousness, usually an above ground pool is not considered a permanent structure, so it isn't taxed.
You do need to get a permit for it, a permit for the electrical, electrical inspection, and fence.
Can't run a pool off of an extension cord.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:29 AM

297 posts, read 196,461 times
Quote:
Pool is a great idea but I'd start with trimming those weeds growing over the fence.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereonli View Post
If your taxes are $1100 a year, then farting in the wrong direction will probably double them.

In all seriousness, usually an above ground pool is not considered a permanent structure, so it isn't taxed.
You do need to get a permit for it, a permit for the electrical, electrical inspection, and fence.
Can't run a pool off of an extension cord.
Lmao thanks for the laugh... Thanks for info.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Think you mean an in ground pool. Your question is puzzling. Have you already bought a home and are considering putting in a pool? IF that is the case, your mortgage is not impacted. Your mortgage is already in place and a pool would be an "improvement" if you will. Just like if you added a garage, once you owned the house.

Yes, it will increase your taxes, but not knowing what you are thinking about it is impossible to answer. No, an above ground pool will not add to your taxes, but you will need to fence the yard in.

IF you are looking at a home with a pool, that is included in the current taxes unless it is a brand new pool.
Yes in ground pool. Sorry for the confusion. I know above ground doesn't raise taxes cause I can always dismantle it and that's that. But was just wondering how much for a decent size pool say 24'x 12'x52'

Old 02-10-2021, 03:26 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Yes in ground pool. Sorry for the confusion. I know above ground doesn't raise taxes cause I can always dismantle it and that's that. But was just wondering how much for a decent size pool say 24'x 12'x52'
You are asking something impossible to answer given the info. The materials you use come into play and the location or at least the town you are putting the pool in. Your stated dimensions are a little confusing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island