Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 06:20 AM

13,068 posts, read 18,229,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
what kind of a pandemic is this where you have to wear a mask in one state but not in another? All I see is maskless people in florida, signs on doors that say no face diapers needed! But in NY I get harassed if my mask isnt covering my nose!

you could eat inside in Nassau county but for months you couldn't in NYC. 10PM curfew? 11 PM Curfew? Covid19 doesn't come out before 11 PM? Seems to me its just an attack on the NY economy, nothing more. My friend said florida is open til 3 AM....

I asked, the morgues and hospitals must be filled! they arent social distancing! but no, he nobody is dying from not wearing mask or staying out until 3 AM

or is this more of cuomos "experts" doing their jobs? where are the experts and the science behind curfews and being allowed to eat inside in long island but not in the city?

I mean, serious question here people, all I hear is the "experts" said, the "experts" said, but when I go looking for the science and facts, I cant find it.

is there anyone here with at least a HIGH SCHOOL education that can show me 2 references of facts that 10 PM curfews and eating inside in long island but not in the city is stopping the spread of this "disease"? this is a serious question, because basic high school education on a research paper you needed 2 references from a valid source to pass.

so I asked again is there anyone here with a high school education that can show me the science and facts behind this enforcment? What about florida, Atlanta? these states they are maskless and should be included in the "science"

its not march 2019, its going to be march 2021 this is almost 3 years into this pandemic so, there should be a plethora of studies and information on this and it shouldn't be hard to find

can you believe some jobs are making people take a vaccine just so they could keep their jobs?

thats barbaric if you ask me.

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/re...nse-1.50163020

On Feb. 20, inspectors from the state liquor authority visited La Famiglia, according to an SLA report.

In the dining room, investigators observed 12 people at one table — the allowed maximum is 10 — and tables that were not spaced six feet apart, according to the report. The following day, the SLA board suspended La Famiglia’s liquor license.

The episode is the latest in a string of recent liquor license suspensions on Long Island, including the second offense for Toku Modern Asian in Manhasset and a pair of same-day suspensions for Spiro’s in Rocky Point and Savino’s Hideaway in Mount Sinai.

SLA public affairs director William Crowley said via email that the agency has "approximately 20-30 investigators conducting patrols per night on Long Island," as it continues to enforce regulations to control the spread of COVID-19.

The SLA has approximately 30 agency inspectors statewide, but a July 23 executive order from Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo created a task force, led by the SLA and the New York State Police, that enabled the liquor authority to utilize personnel from other agencies for patrols. "State employees working on these details must have prior experience in investigative work and receive additional training before being deployed," Crowley wrote.

That task force has conducted "thousands" of inspections in Nassau and Suffolk Counties since the beginning of the pandemic, he reported, and "the vast majority of inspections show compliance." The agency draws partly on information from community complaints and social media.
Ok, regardless whether YOU think this is wrong or not; The rule as you stated is max 10 people. There were 12. That exceeds the stated maximum by 2. Therefore, regardless of how you feel about these numbers, shuttering was permissible. Looking at it a little differently, look at the number of restaurants that obeyed the rules and remained open. Since the rules are set, you don't play, you pay. I am pretty sure that you can point out any number of restaurants that were not cited and exceeded the maximum. My reply to that is, if you are speeding the LIE and you are essentially keeping up with the traffic at 2 pm and you get pulled over and others didn't - it was your bad luck day.

We don't set the rules - we simply have to obey them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 06:45 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,422,587 times
While I don't agree with the restrictions, they should be followed. I don't think the issue of 12 people at a table was the problem for La Famiglia. The issue was 123 patrons, when only 60 were allowed. That's just blatant disregard for the rules in place.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:17 AM

874 posts, read 731,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
While I don't agree with the restrictions, they should be followed. I don't think the issue of 12 people at a table was the problem for La Famiglia. The issue was 123 patrons, when only 60 were allowed. That's just blatant disregard for the rules in place.

these are cuomo laws, that arent really laws.

he makes them up as he goes along.

remember the phased system? I think it had 4 or 5 levels. Once NYC reached the milestone for opening, cuomo changed the rules, and started all over again. or did you forget already, because I havent.

how is that any different from an umpire completely changing the rules of a baseball game in the 9th inning of the world series?

and my question still stands for anyone with a basic high school education, show me the science and the proof of what cuomos experts are saying, we are almost 2 years into this pandemic, and im looking for where the "experts" are getting their information from to justify their decisions, of 10 vs 12 people sitting at a table, as there are 49 other states who should have information of if covid19 is more spread with 12 vs 10 people at a table, or closing everything at 11 PM, where florida and Atlanta are open until 4 am.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:09 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
these are cuomo laws, that arent really laws.

he makes them up as he goes along.

remember the phased system? I think it had 4 or 5 levels. Once NYC reached the milestone for opening, cuomo changed the rules, and started all over again. or did you forget already, because I havent.

how is that any different from an umpire completely changing the rules of a baseball game in the 9th inning of the world series?

and my question still stands for anyone with a basic high school education, show me the science and the proof of what cuomos experts are saying, we are almost 2 years into this pandemic, and im looking for where the "experts" are getting their information from to justify their decisions, of 10 vs 12 people sitting at a table, as there are 49 other states who should have information of if covid19 is more spread with 12 vs 10 people at a table, or closing everything at 11 PM, where florida and Atlanta are open until 4 am.
1 year in, not 2 (yesterday you said 3, so at least you're learning).

Not a baseball game. Weird analogy.

If the experts tattooed the facts on your forehead and handed you a mirror, you still wouldn't believe them (or understand them).

Old 02-28-2021, 06:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 13,195,576 times
Looks like Cuomo is really treading water now!! Nursing home deaths, bankrupting Ny state by dictatorship shut downs and now several sexual assault allegations.

Sometimes when it rains it pours!!

Old 02-28-2021, 10:47 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Looks like Cuomo is really treading water now!! Nursing home deaths, bankrupting Ny state by dictatorship shut downs and now several sexual assault allegations.

Sometimes when it rains it pours!!
He's toast. Cuomo fatigue. Even his friends are sharpening their knives. lol

Old 02-28-2021, 11:01 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,422,587 times
I don't understand these idiots with sexual harassment. Especially these days with all the awareness, and women actually standing up. What a low life Cuomo is.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:07 PM

20,325 posts, read 21,070,057 times
It goes both ways.
Men like to hook up. It’s natural. It’s primitive. It’s why the human race still exists.
In the old days, women just shrugged it off as another horn dog hitting on you.
And don’t lie girls, you do like the attention as long as it doesn’t cross a line.
With the me too thing, I don’t know how a man is going to find Mrs. Right or even Mrs. Right Now. I get it, men ARE pigs, especially men with a badge of status. I’d be scared to death trying to date and hook up in today’s climate. One persons view of an innocent pick up line is another’s outrage. Glad I’m married. Most of the time.

Cuomo sucks. Always has. He’s a grade A dirtbag.
I really hope he gets his ass handed to him.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:29 PM

297 posts, read 198,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It goes both ways.
Men like to hook up. It’s natural. It’s primitive. It’s why the human race still exists.
In the old days, women just shrugged it off as another horn dog hitting on you.
And don’t lie girls, you do like the attention as long as it doesn’t cross a line.
With the me too thing, I don’t know how a man is going to find Mrs. Right or even Mrs. Right Now. I get it, men ARE pigs, especially men with a badge of status. I’d be scared to death trying to date and hook up in today’s climate. One persons view of an innocent pick up line is another’s outrage. Glad I’m married. Most of the time.

Cuomo sucks. Always has. He’s a grade A dirtbag.
I really hope he gets his ass handed to him.
Usually a state of despair like NY stays that way until everyone leaves. It stays bad forever because people don’t leave

Old 02-28-2021, 02:32 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,898,263 times
Andy, wassamatta for you? Dizgraziado!! Go get your shine box!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island