Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 10:08 AM

20,323 posts, read 21,119,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I think you're just jealous he didn't try to kiss you.
Maybe he did...but I don’t kiss and tell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 02:36 PM

874 posts, read 732,868 times
texas is fully opened, no masks required.

and my original question still stands, that is of course, if anyone has a basic high school education

where are all the experts now? Are there different experts in texas vs new york?

if the rates stay the same or go lower in texas, will the experts tell us its ok to take our masks off here in NY, or will they tell us to keep them on?

All we heard was cuomo and his experts, and now we dont here about the experts anymore, the media isnt asking about the experts, they are asking about cuomos sexual battery case

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/02/u...ing-texas.html

Texas said Tuesday that it was lifting its mask requirement and would allow businesses to fully reopen, the most expansive step by any state to remove coronavirus restrictions as Americans across the country are eager to emerge after a year of isolation in the pandemic.
The move by Texas, with its 29 million residents, goes further than similar actions in other states and cities that are rushing to ease as many limits as they can.
“It is now time to open Texas 100 percent,” Gov. Greg Abbott said, adding that “Covid has not suddenly disappeared,” but state mandates are no longer needed.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:57 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,455,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
texas is fully opened, no masks required.

and my original question still stands, that is of course, if anyone has a basic high school education

where are all the experts now? Are there different experts in texas vs new york?

if the rates stay the same or go lower in texas, will the experts tell us its ok to take our masks off here in NY, or will they tell us to keep them on?

All we heard was cuomo and his experts, and now we dont here about the experts anymore, the media isnt asking about the experts, they are asking about cuomos sexual battery case

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/02/u...ing-texas.html

Texas said Tuesday that it was lifting its mask requirement and would allow businesses to fully reopen, the most expansive step by any state to remove coronavirus restrictions as Americans across the country are eager to emerge after a year of isolation in the pandemic.
The move by Texas, with its 29 million residents, goes further than similar actions in other states and cities that are rushing to ease as many limits as they can.
“It is now time to open Texas 100 percent,” Gov. Greg Abbott said, adding that “Covid has not suddenly disappeared,” but state mandates are no longer needed.
Just cuz TX made a decision doesnt mean its the right decision. I would expect the rates in TX to skyrocket now, we’ll see. Fauci & the CDC are not advising this yet. I will say i do think the CDC is overcautious ... still, I feel TX has jumped the gun

Old 03-03-2021, 07:46 PM

874 posts, read 732,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Just cuz TX made a decision doesnt mean its the right decision. I would expect the rates in TX to skyrocket now, we’ll see. Fauci & the CDC are not advising this yet. I will say i do think the CDC is overcautious ... still, I feel TX has jumped the gun

and if the rates go down?

what then?

will "cuomos experts" still tell us we need an 11 PM curfew ? will "cuomos experts" still ban indoor dining in NYC and allowing it in long island?

at what point does a basic high school education kick in, inside someones head and they realize something is seriously wrong with the science behind all this?

and 6 pages later and nobody has been able to answer my original request, show me the science behind the lockdowns an 11 pm cerfew

Old 03-03-2021, 08:18 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,455,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
and if the rates go down?

what then?

will "cuomos experts" still tell us we need an 11 PM curfew ? will "cuomos experts" still ban indoor dining in NYC and allowing it in long island?

at what point does a basic high school education kick in, inside someones head and they realize something is seriously wrong with the science behind all this?

and 6 pages later and nobody has been able to answer my original request, show me the science behind the lockdowns an 11 pm cerfew
Indoor dining has resumed in NYC ...

Old 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM

You’re wasting your time dude.
Nobody will convince each other who is right or wrong.
Common sense doesn’t work in the US anymore.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:56 AM

6,610 posts, read 3,263,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I agree, or as the old saying goes, "common sense isn't as common as it used to be"...........

Old 03-05-2021, 05:08 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,958,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I'm curious, which effect of confirmation bias is most active in the present day?

Quote:
Confirmation bias is a broad construct covering a number of explanations. Biased search for information, biased interpretation of this information, and biased memory recall, have been invoked to explain four specific effects:

1) attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence);
2) belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false);
3) the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series);
and 4) illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

These kinds of discussions, debates, etc. tend to make me consider the proverb 'Those who tell the best stories, rule the world. (unsure who originated? attributed to both Plato & to the Hopi Native American Peoples.)

Old 03-05-2021, 10:25 AM

21,008 posts, read 28,611,894 times
Cuomo needs to resign enough said!

Old 03-05-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Cuomo needs to resign enough said!
Not happening. He just won’t and that’s that.
He will need to be removed from office by whatever measures are taken, and even then, they still may have to physically remove him from his office. Kicking and screaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island