Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 08:30 AM

874 posts, read 729,025 times

Advertisements

what kind of a pandemic is this where you have to wear a mask in one state but not in another? All I see is maskless people in florida, signs on doors that say no face diapers needed! But in NY I get harassed if my mask isnt covering my nose!

you could eat inside in Nassau county but for months you couldn't in NYC. 10PM curfew? 11 PM Curfew? Covid19 doesn't come out before 11 PM? Seems to me its just an attack on the NY economy, nothing more. My friend said florida is open til 3 AM....

I asked, the morgues and hospitals must be filled! they arent social distancing! but no, he nobody is dying from not wearing mask or staying out until 3 AM

or is this more of cuomos "experts" doing their jobs? where are the experts and the science behind curfews and being allowed to eat inside in long island but not in the city?

I mean, serious question here people, all I hear is the "experts" said, the "experts" said, but when I go looking for the science and facts, I cant find it.

is there anyone here with at least a HIGH SCHOOL education that can show me 2 references of facts that 10 PM curfews and eating inside in long island but not in the city is stopping the spread of this "disease"? this is a serious question, because basic high school education on a research paper you needed 2 references from a valid source to pass.

so I asked again is there anyone here with a high school education that can show me the science and facts behind this enforcment? What about florida, Atlanta? these states they are maskless and should be included in the "science"

its not march 2019, its going to be march 2021 this is almost 3 years into this pandemic so, there should be a plethora of studies and information on this and it shouldn't be hard to find

can you believe some jobs are making people take a vaccine just so they could keep their jobs?

thats barbaric if you ask me.

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/re...nse-1.50163020

On Feb. 20, inspectors from the state liquor authority visited La Famiglia, according to an SLA report.

In the dining room, investigators observed 12 people at one table — the allowed maximum is 10 — and tables that were not spaced six feet apart, according to the report. The following day, the SLA board suspended La Famiglia’s liquor license.

The episode is the latest in a string of recent liquor license suspensions on Long Island, including the second offense for Toku Modern Asian in Manhasset and a pair of same-day suspensions for Spiro’s in Rocky Point and Savino’s Hideaway in Mount Sinai.

SLA public affairs director William Crowley said via email that the agency has "approximately 20-30 investigators conducting patrols per night on Long Island," as it continues to enforce regulations to control the spread of COVID-19.

The SLA has approximately 30 agency inspectors statewide, but a July 23 executive order from Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo created a task force, led by the SLA and the New York State Police, that enabled the liquor authority to utilize personnel from other agencies for patrols. "State employees working on these details must have prior experience in investigative work and receive additional training before being deployed," Crowley wrote.

That task force has conducted "thousands" of inspections in Nassau and Suffolk Counties since the beginning of the pandemic, he reported, and "the vast majority of inspections show compliance." The agency draws partly on information from community complaints and social media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 09:54 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,541,583 times
Impeach that mf already.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:00 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
What gets me is there used to be a law (or so I assumed it was. either a law or rule) that restaurants with a bar could not have kids under the age of 21 sitting at the bar or they would lose their liquor license. Yet I see quite a few "children" sitting at the bar with their parents.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:01 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
its not march 2019, its going to be march 2021 this is almost 3 years into this pandemic so, there should be a plethora of studies and information on this and it shouldn't be hard to find
um, started March 2020 in the US (officially), not 2019. We're coming up on the end of year one, not three.

Ooops, when I comment on this troll's way out posts, I get banned. Classic.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:08 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
Quote:
what kind of a pandemic is this where you have to wear a mask in one state but not in another? All I see is maskless people in florida, signs on doors that say no face diapers needed! But in NY I get harassed if my mask isnt covering my nose!

you could eat inside in Nassau county but for months you couldn't in NYC. 10PM curfew? 11 PM Curfew? Covid19 doesn't come out before 11 PM? Seems to me its just an attack on the NY economy, nothing more. My friend said florida is open til 3 AM....

I asked, the morgues and hospitals must be filled! they arent social distancing! but no, he nobody is dying from not wearing mask or staying out until 3 AM

or is this more of cuomos "experts" doing their jobs? where are the experts and the science behind curfews and being allowed to eat inside in long island but not in the city?

I mean, serious question here people, all I hear is the "experts" said, the "experts" said, but when I go looking for the science and facts, I cant find it.

is there anyone here with at least a HIGH SCHOOL education that can show me 2 references of facts that 10 PM curfews and eating inside in long island but not in the city is stopping the spread of this "disease"? this is a serious question, because basic high school education on a research paper you needed 2 references from a valid source to pass.

so I asked again is there anyone here with a high school education that can show me the science and facts behind this enforcment? What about florida, Atlanta? these states they are maskless and should be included in the "science"

can you believe some jobs are making people take a vaccine just so they could keep their jobs?

On Feb. 20, inspectors from the state liquor authority visited La Famiglia, according to an SLA report.

In the dining room, investigators observed 12 people at one table — the allowed maximum is 10 — and tables that were not spaced six feet apart, according to the report. The following day, the SLA board suspended La Famiglia’s liquor license.

The episode is the latest in a string of recent liquor license suspensions on Long Island, including the second offense for Toku Modern Asian in Manhasset and a pair of same-day suspensions for Spiro’s in Rocky Point and Savino’s Hideaway in Mount Sinai.

SLA public affairs director William Crowley said via email that the agency has "approximately 20-30 investigators conducting patrols per night on Long Island," as it continues to enforce regulations to control the spread of COVID-19.

The SLA has approximately 30 agency inspectors statewide, but a July 23 executive order from Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo created a task force, led by the SLA and the New York State Police, that enabled the liquor authority to utilize personnel from other agencies for patrols. "State employees working on these details must have prior experience in investigative work and receive additional training before being deployed," Crowley wrote.

That task force has conducted "thousands" of inspections in Nassau and Suffolk Counties since the beginning of the pandemic, he reported, and "the vast majority of inspections show compliance." The agency draws partly on information from community complaints and social media.

For one thing, restaurants are hurting and going to bend the rules so to speak.

Also, where did you get that we are 3 years into this pandemic? China didn't announce it until December 2019 and from what I read they knew about it back in September 2019.

First case they found in the United States was February 2020. Places didn't start shutting down until March and April of 2020.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:49 PM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,113 times
Cuomo, who has proven himself to be the largest covid -bungler in the US, has got some other issues to deal with. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lindsey...ssment-claims/

Old 02-24-2021, 03:29 PM

577 posts, read 979,740 times
Wonder if Fredo will cover this story?

Old 02-24-2021, 04:37 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,203,916 times
He wants to migrate all the drinkers over to pot.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:29 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
Quote:

Atlanta is not a state & the pandemic has not been going on for 3 years. You sure you have a high school education?

Old 02-24-2021, 06:03 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times
Ignore Il Douche Cuomo.
He’ll be in jail soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island