Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:55 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,442,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Lol
If you had a dime for every time someone on this forum thought you were a guy you’d be loaded.
It’s b/c of ‘dawg’ I wager. Old college nickname. Big Snoop Dawg fan lmao ... white girl from Nassau
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 05:53 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,934,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
It’s b/c of ‘dawg’ I wager. Old college nickname. Big Snoop Dawg fan lmao ... white girl from Nassau
No it's because it's assumed there are no girls on regular old internet forums.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:23 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,442,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
No it's because it's assumed there are no girls on regular old internet forums.
Hahahahaaaaaa

Or maybe i’m just a man ... with moobs

Old 03-14-2021, 03:11 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,552,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I felt bad. It was hard watching that. He felt remorseful.

I don’t think he meant any harm. He said his family was always huggy/kissy with ppl. Biden is the same way. It can be a generational or cultural thing. I’m not saying it’s ok, but I think there was a time when this behavior was acceptable ... now in 2021 it isnt.

Its the same thing as how our teachers used to hug us. Teachers cant do that anymore. Times have changed & what used to be acceptable then, now may not be.

Also a lot more women are working now then when ppl like Cuomo & Biden were growing up
Wow.

I'm tempted to agree that some of the current "rules" seem a little too much. But then, that "generational" thing might apply to me as well. Also, I'm not a woman and don't have a man in a position of power over me in the workplace.

Your above excuses are incredibly so off-base. Workplace harassment issues like this have been a thing for decades. Anyone who claims "I'm just a touch-feely guy" as an excuse doesn't deserve to be in a position of power.

I run a small business. Since the day I started working at my company in the 1980s, I have gone out of my way to avoid an appearance of impropriety. I have never given a co-worker, and especially not a subordinate, reason to feel uncomfortable. That's been common sense for YEARS. Any public figure who does not understand that should not be a public figure. Of course, many politicians feel their own rules don't apply to themselves - and the party and media help foster that belief.

What's ironic is the recent NYS requirement. Everyone in my company was _required_ to take an online course in sexual harassment. We all had to take a test at the end to receive a certificate. The course and test was a joke - all pretty much common sense.

Cuomo would have failed the very test his own government requires.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:02 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,098,263 times
Its a First World issue. Who has the money to go see pro-players live anyway?

The last time I was in a movie theater it was the 90's. I went to the Loew's on 84th for the premiere of Geronimo. It was invitation only and I only had to pay for popcorn.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:13 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
Wow.

I'm tempted to agree that some of the current "rules" seem a little too much. But then, that "generational" thing might apply to me as well. Also, I'm not a woman and don't have a man in a position of power over me in the workplace.

Your above excuses are incredibly so off-base. Workplace harassment issues like this have been a thing for decades. Anyone who claims "I'm just a touch-feely guy" as an excuse doesn't deserve to be in a position of power.

I run a small business. Since the day I started working at my company in the 1980s, I have gone out of my way to avoid an appearance of impropriety. I have never given a co-worker, and especially not a subordinate, reason to feel uncomfortable. That's been common sense for YEARS. Any public figure who does not understand that should not be a public figure. Of course, many politicians feel their own rules don't apply to themselves - and the party and media help foster that belief.

What's ironic is the recent NYS requirement. Everyone in my company was _required_ to take an online course in sexual harassment. We all had to take a test at the end to receive a certificate. The course and test was a joke - all pretty much common sense.

Cuomo would have failed the very test his own government requires.
Actually he is right. I remember a time in the workplace we were like family. Hugs and kisses on the cheek for special occasions were not only acceptable - they were expected. Everyone was happy you graduated, you got engaged, you were having a birthday or you were having a baby. Someone died? Hug and cheek kiss.

And yes cultural. Men that were not gay hugged and cheek kissed too.

Yes, it was unacceptable then too, but it was based on an honest expression of how it made you feel. Did you feel they did it because you would lose your job if you didnt agree to it - that was harassment.

Did you feel they did it because it was your birthday, and they genuinely appreciated you as an employee and member of the 'family'? No one thought twice.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:56 PM

874 posts, read 732,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
/\ The ‘experts’ have been remarkably silent concerning the closure of so many k-12 schools and outdoor spectator banning (neither of which is supported by either the science or the data) and the peculiar enforced wearing of masks by the fully vaccinated (also unsupported by the science) so I wouldn’t assume their opinions would strike most folks as credible.

interesting baseball games in Florida wont need vaccine passports

interesting that the "healthcare industry" has donated millions to cuomo

vaccine passport, this tells me we should expect more pandemics and more politicians who get millions of the health industry pushing restrictions? maybe cuomo will require yearly booster shots just to keep your drivers license...

cuomo refuses to meet with the press and he pushes is vaccine passport.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ernor-says/#//

Floridians who plan to attend concerts and major sporting events in the Sunshine State won’t have to show proof that they’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine, if Gov. Ron DeSantis gets his way.As the European Union announced its “Digital Green Certificate” that would allow those who are fully vaccinated to travel freely across the bloc, DeSantis cautioned against so-called “vaccine passports.”

I just want to make very clear in Florida, we are not doing any vaccine passports. All those experts said that it was a bad idea. I think it’s a bad idea and so that will not happen. And so folks should get vaccinated, if they want to, we’ll obviously provide that, but under no circumstances will the state be asking you to show proof of vaccination, and I don’t think private companies should be doing that either,” the governor said Thursday.
He said each Floridian should decide for themselves whether they get the vaccine and what types of activities or events they’re comfortable attending.
“To start going down the road of vaccine passports, I mean, you have some of these states saying to go to a sporting event, you have to show either a negative test or a vaccine proof. I think you just got to make decisions. If you want to go to an event, go to an event. If you don’t, don’t. But to be requiring people to provide all this proof, that’s not how you get society back to normal so we’re rejecting any vaccine passports here in the state of Florida,” DeSantis said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island