Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 09:06 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,556,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
False. My district had 9 new cases THIS weekend. We've been dealing with school spread for months. The difference is extensive masking and distancing and cleaning and modified schedules and remote learning, not "duh, science said." Science made it very clear the schools were a nightmare transmission center waiting to happen. The reason for the new surge? Sports and outside events and general letdown of the very protocols that kept numbers low. Hopefully herd immunity (almost 30% based on those who had it already) and vaccinations (18% so far) will move faster than the no mask imbecile brigade can spread it.

So every major Pediatric association which recommends resuming schools, and studies from Yale are all wrong?

How about countries where schools were not shut down, where are all the massive pediatric COVID deaths?

How many of these 9 kids in your school district are deathly ill?

Rather than universally punish school children (who knows what long term detriment this has caused), it makes more sense to isolate the vulnerable population and start letting the rest of the population live again (with appropriate precautions, vaccines, etc). But anyone that supports this view "DOESNT BELEIVE IN SCIENCE!!"

Meanwhile the young school teachers in my district are catching COVID on their beach vacations in Mexico, and my kid gets punished with remote learning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 09:21 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
So every major Pediatric association which recommends resuming schools, and studies from Yale are all wrong?

How about countries where schools were not shut down, where are all the massive pediatric COVID deaths?

How many of these 9 kids in your school district are deathly ill?

Rather than universally punish school children (who knows what long term detriment this has caused), it makes more sense to isolate the vulnerable population and start letting the rest of the population live again (with appropriate precautions, vaccines, etc). But anyone that supports this view "DOESNT BELEIVE IN SCIENCE!!"

Meanwhile the young school teachers in my district are catching COVID on their beach vacations in Mexico, and my kid gets punished with remote learning.
Yes, Yale is wrong. You are wrong. Anyone who says masks are not an effective factor is wrong or lying. None of this has anything to do with schools reopening. My district never closed. My son goes remote by choice. Why, because my area is a notorious GOP craphole of Kate Murray fan-children who won't adhere to any mandates from masks to distancing to not screaming spit in each other's faces...until someone dies...or worse, sports get cancelled...then they wake up and get it. The district in the town I work never closed. Buses are running and students are in class. It took a ton of effort by many people, cooperation, and the entire district being fine with following health mandates. The BOE holds their meeting in a massive empty auditorium, absurdly distanced and they still all wear masks. Leadership. Girls won their basketball game yesterday. Most stores re-opening. That is the reward of common sacrifice. A lost art on entitled LI.

No pediatric deaths because they are asymptomatic CARRIERS. MOST don't exhibit strong symptoms.

Your teachers didn't get it in Mexico, you made that up. If not, share the link. I'm sure Newsday would be all over that story.

Officially the last ounce of breath I'm wasting in this thread. All points made. Let the viewers decide. Or not, who cares.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 03-11-2021 at 09:29 AM..

Old 03-11-2021, 09:27 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,556,045 times
Quote:
Yes, Yale is wrong. You are wrong. Anyone who says masks are not an effective factor is wrong or lying. None of this has anything to do with schools reopening. My district never closed. My son goes remote by choice. Why, because my area is a notorious GOP craphole of Kate Murray fan-children who won't adhere to any mandates from masks to distancing to not screaming spit in each other's faces...until someone dies...then they wake up and get it.

No pediatric deaths because they are asymptomatic CARRIERS. MOST don't exhibit strong symptoms.

Your teachers didn't get it in Mexico, you made that up. If not, share the link. I'm sure Newsday would be all over that story.

Officially the last ounce of breath I'm wasting in this thread. All points made. Let the viewers decide. Or not, who cares.

https://www.aappublications.org/news...-safety-010521

And no one is saying masks, social distancing, etc are wrong.
Opening schools and the above precautions are not mutually exclusive.

Hiding in the house all day wearing 2 masks and collecting a gov paycheck is not the solution.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:38 AM

2,476 posts, read 1,248,502 times
No sense arguing about the science, like the weather it'll change soon enough.

Old 03-11-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
No sense arguing about the science, like the weather it'll change soon enough.
Guidance isn't science. The guidance changes, the science hasn't. Some try to dispute it and throw pebbles at it, but the science hasn't changed at all. Getting people to understand it seems to require magic in this dumbed down education, hyper-partisan mess we've devolved into.

Old 03-11-2021, 01:21 PM

33 posts, read 31,565 times
Quote:
Guidance isn't science. The guidance changes, the science hasn't. Some try to dispute it and throw pebbles at it, but the science hasn't changed at all. Getting people to understand it seems to require magic in this dumbed down education, hyper-partisan mess we've devolved into.
Monstermagnet, just curious do you think you are hyper-partisan?

Old 03-11-2021, 01:51 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,437,251 times
Quote:
Yes, Yale is wrong. You are wrong. Anyone who says masks are not an effective factor is wrong or lying. None of this has anything to do with schools reopening. My district never closed. My son goes remote by choice. Why, because my area is a notorious GOP craphole of Kate Murray fan-children who won't adhere to any mandates from masks to distancing to not screaming spit in each other's faces...until someone dies...or worse, sports get cancelled...then they wake up and get it. The district in the town I work never closed. Buses are running and students are in class. It took a ton of effort by many people, cooperation, and the entire district being fine with following health mandates. The BOE holds their meeting in a massive empty auditorium, absurdly distanced and they still all wear masks. Leadership. Girls won their basketball game yesterday. Most stores re-opening. That is the reward of common sacrifice. A lost art on entitled LI.

Wow what district are you in?

Old 03-11-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the sandtrap View Post
Monstermagnet, just curious do you think you are hyper-partisan?
I'm hyper-independent for over 50 years. Only registered D once to vote for Bernie over Hilary and then switched back to Ind. I argue points, evidence, opinions, statistics, theories, hypotheses, hopes, dreams, fantasies, acid trips, rangers v islanders. I don't waste time with which sheep team some dullard decides they need be on and suddenly that party and only that party sees the light on every issue. It's totally pathetic and weird that people defend these two parties so staunchly. Neither party has my interests at heart. Schumer is a dope and Ted Cruz is only good to punch in the face a few hundred times (did I say that out loud). Currently, one has a few reasonable positions, the other has turned straight bizarre. Biggest wealth inequality in almost EVER and their answer is MORE trickle down and tax cuts. GTFOH! If fighting that makes me a lib-tahrd for today, then derp, I'm Liz Warren. And I'm right. Most of the time.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 03-11-2021 at 02:08 PM..

Old 03-11-2021, 02:34 PM

34,217 posts, read 47,533,310 times
If everything would have stayed open, nursing home deaths prolly would have been even worse

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-11-2021, 02:49 PM

5,096 posts, read 3,991,847 times
On the bright side, the emerging Covid science and data have completely overwhelmed those who thought they were behaving rationally when donning gloves while grocery shopping, scrubbing their FedEx packages, and keeping their kids home from school.

Nicholas Kristoff, probably the best known (and of course thoroughly liberal) writer at the New York Times, recently explained the rash of k-12 school closings as a political and thoroughly emotional exercise. Not science at all: School Closures Have Failed America’s Children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island