Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 06:15 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,931,288 times

Advertisements

Who here thinks it's the right move to remove mask requirements a couple months before vaccinations take a much stronger hold across the population? After nearly a year, they choose now. I really want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 05:53 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,422,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Who here thinks it's the right move to remove mask requirements a couple months before vaccinations take a much stronger hold across the population? After nearly a year, they choose now. I really want to know.
At this point it is dumb. I do hate masks, but we know they do work, to some degree. I am hearing Biden wants to mandate masks until mid 2022 which is completely nuts. When 75% of the POP is vaccinated, then yes, get rid of masks.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post

Your teachers didn't get it in Mexico, you made that up. If not, share the link. I'm sure Newsday would be all over that story.
I officially know 3 teachers that got Covid on vacation. Mexico? No, but the Caribbean.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:22 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,801,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
At this point it is dumb. I do hate masks, but we know they do work, to some degree. I am hearing Biden wants to mandate masks until mid 2022 which is completely nuts. When 75% of the POP is vaccinated, then yes, get rid of masks.
He has no power to mandate masks outside of federal buildings and interstate air travel. All he can do is urge people to wear them. It’s up to the states/localities and you will see more and more especially in the south drop mandates in the coming months.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:57 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,556,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I officially know 3 teachers that got Covid on vacation. Mexico? No, but the Caribbean.

According to monstermagnet, we heard it on Faux news so we must be morons.
When my 1st grader had his class sent home for 1 week because the assistant was positive, its not that hard to see where she was vacationing. All stupid young people must instagram their life because YOLO.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:31 AM

34,217 posts, read 47,533,310 times
How do you guys know where the teachers are taking vacations? I know nothing about the personal lives of my son's teachers.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-12-2021, 07:44 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,556,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
How do you guys know where the teachers are taking vacations? I know nothing about the personal lives of my son's teachers.

Like I said in my post, this particular teaching assistant is young and all young people must instagram.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:47 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
According to monstermagnet, we heard it on Faux news so we must be morons.
When my 1st grader had his class sent home for 1 week because the assistant was positive, its not that hard to see where she was vacationing. All stupid young people must instagram their life because YOLO.
Nice spin, nice victimhood, no link. Typical. The closures in my district came from weekend events and sports. Yours apparently from the mass vacationing going on (we all know the airlines are slammed with vacation travelers, lmfao). Got it. Whatever, doc. Here's a tip...go to the next BOE meeting and ask why they didn't quarantine when returning from vacations out of the country. See, anytime someone says Faux news, you immediately know they are full of beans. Don't blame the news for your own ignorance. Find better and more varied sources.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Nice spin, nice victimhood, no link. Typical. The closures in my district came from weekend events and sports. Yours apparently from the mass vacationing going on (we all know the airlines are slammed with vacation travelers, lmfao). Got it. Whatever, doc. Here's a tip...go to the next BOE meeting and ask why they didn't quarantine when returning from vacations out of the country. See, anytime someone says Faux news, you immediately know they are full of beans, to their core. Don't blame the news for your own ignorance. Find better sources.
You truly are clueless. Yup, no one is traveling As stated, these morons post their vacation on IG, and FB. I also personally know 3 teachers that went on vacation that got Covid. I guess you want me to post their ss# and mothers maiden name for proof.

Old 03-12-2021, 09:22 AM

5,097 posts, read 3,991,847 times
My local school district sends us a daily notice of the number of kids/staff associated with the school who test positive. It is a few new cases each day. My dingbat neighbor thought this meant they caught it at the school. Not a student of logic, obviously.

So far (not a surprise) no transmissions in my local district schools. The kids /staff are masked and separate to the greatest extent possible.

On another note, it appears the subject of this thread, the Gov, is starting to feel real heat to resign. Accuser 6 may have tipped the balance. (CNN has boycotted the specific accuser 6 groping allegations for 48 hours but if you get your news elsewhere and know the specifics their puzzling current headline now makes perfect sense: “Majority of New York congressional Democrats call for Gov. Cuomo's resignation”.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 03-12-2021 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island