Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 01:28 PM

874 posts, read 729,848 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for the past year for this "science and data" NY governor cuomo is using to justify his laws.

does anyone know where I can find this data ? The media isnt asking the questions it should be asking, like WTF is the science and data?

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/nyc-ex...cent-capacity/

Indoor dining at Big Apple restaurants officially reopened at 25 percent capacity on Feb. 12 after Cuomo yet again shuttered indoor business at city eateries in mid-December. That was boosted to 35 percent late last month — but struggling city eateries had been pleading with officials to go to 50 percent.

New York restaurants outside of the Big Apple were already set to expand indoor dining capacity from 50 percent to 75 percent on March 19.

“In New York State, our decisions are based on science and data and we are encouraged by the continued decline in [COVID-19] infection and hospitalization rates,” Cuomo said in a statement Wednesday alongside NJ Gov. Phil Murphy.

“We will continue to follow the science and react accordingly. If we keep the infections down and vaccinations up, we will continue to stay ahead in the footrace against this invisible enemy and reach the light at the end of the tunnel together.”
The indoor dining capacity increases are part of both states’ efforts “to jump start their post-COVID recovery and reinvigorate the economy,” a release said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 01:30 PM

106,843 posts, read 109,092,448 times
It is the seat of his pants ...I can cross the street at little neck parkways and breath Nassau county air and eat in their restaurants..yet the opposite side of the street is different?

The rest of the city was going to Long Island to eat and coming back to the city ....

It is the same logic when he tried to tell us we are safe in Home Depot and that can be open but we have to close home goods since you can die

Old 03-10-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It is the seat of his pants ...I can cross the street at little neck parkways and breath Nassau county air and eat in their restaurants..yet the opposite side of the street is different?

The rest of the city was going to Long Island to eat and coming back to the city ....

It is the same logic when he tried to tell us we are safe in Home Depot and that can be open but we have to close home goods since you can die

this is the same man that big pharma donated big too for the past 10 years, who was just on TV yesterday, saying everyone should get vaccinated.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...execs-immunity

As Governor Andrew Cuomo faced a spirited challenge in his bid to win New York’s 2018 Democratic primary, his political apparatus got a last-minute boost: a powerful healthcare industry group suddenly poured more than $1m into a Democratic committee backing his campaign.
Less than two years after that flood of cash from the Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA), Cuomo signed legislation last month quietly shielding hospital and nursing home executives from the threat of lawsuits stemming from the coronavirus outbreak. The provision, inserted into an annual budget bill by Cuomo’s aides, created one of the nation’s most explicit immunity protections for healthcare industry officials, according to legal experts.

he claims the vaccine is perfectly safe, but wont take it himself....

https://abc7ny.com/cuomo-vaccine-cov...ality/9316371/

Gov. Andrew Cuomo vowed on Sunday that he will not take the COVID-19 vaccine.

Cuomo made the announcement during remarks to Abyssinian Baptist Church in Harlem on Sunday morning.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:18 PM

106,843 posts, read 109,092,448 times
Well I agree with the vaccination , that is our only hope to returning to a normal life .

I did my part .

The pity of it is that eventually all of us who get the vaccine will see enough herd immunity to carry the antivaxers and ani mask wearers butts across the finish line to a normal life when they were part of the problem not the solution

Old 03-11-2021, 06:34 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,545,303 times
Science very early on said children and schools are not major virus spreaders.

But unions.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:12 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,545,007 times
You can look at the science and make decisions based on that

OR

You can make decisions and then create the science to justify them

Data can be twisted or selectively used to support the desired outcome. As the saying goes: "Statistics don’t lie. They’ll tell whatever truth you want them to. "

The royal proclamations from Albany are based on politics.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:26 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,337,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

Ha I used to have a place rite there, my triplex was a 2 min walk to Great Neck. When it snowed the second you touched Glenwood and points east all roads in Nassau plowed, the Little Neck side untouched!

Cuomo logic one side of the street is safe the other is not!

Old 03-11-2021, 07:44 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,829,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Science very early on said children and schools are not major virus spreaders.

But unions.
False. My district had 9 new cases THIS weekend. We've been dealing with school spread for months. The difference is extensive masking and distancing and cleaning and modified schedules and remote learning, not "duh, science said." Science made it very clear the schools were a nightmare transmission center waiting to happen. The reason for the new surge? Sports and outside events and general letdown of the very protocols that kept numbers low. Hopefully herd immunity (almost 30% based on those who had it already) and vaccinations (18% so far) will move faster than the no mask imbecile brigade can spread it.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
False. My district had 9 new cases THIS weekend. We've been dealing with school spread for months. The difference is extensive masking and distancing and cleaning and modified schedules and remote learning, not "duh, science said." Science made it very clear the schools were a nightmare transmission center waiting to happen. The reason for the new surge? Sports and outside events and general letdown of the very protocols that kept numbers low. Hopefully herd immunity (almost 30% based on those who had it already) and vaccinations (18% so far) will move faster than the no mask imbecile brigade can spread it.

did you hear, texas is going maskless?

so much for your science....

because if your science is real, texas should be overwhelmed with dead bodies and hospitals in 2 weeks.

so lets see what happens in 2 weeks.

lets see what happens in 2 months.

we are about to have 1 and a half years of pandemic data, so much information for the "experts"

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/bi...d-26a87d6e6491

Wednesday was a historic and controversial day in Texas as Governor Greg Abbott's statewide mask mandate officially ended, allowing businesses to welcome patrons and not require face coverings. In Fort Worth, a predominantly maskless sold-out crowd of 3,000 people headed into Billy Bob's Texas Nightclub to hear Koe Wetzel & Hardy play an acoustic set.

The famous near 40-year-old honky-tonk reopened as a restaurant in August of 2020 to survive and cut back its capacity to 1,200.

It can hold more than 6,000 people and has roughly 127,000 square feet of interior space.

After Abbott announced he would be rescinding his mask order, General Manager Marty Travis said that the honky-tonk decided to increase capacity to

Old 03-11-2021, 08:12 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,829,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
did you hear, texas is going maskless?

so much for your science....

because if your science is real, texas should be overwhelmed with dead bodies and hospitals in 2 weeks.

so lets see what happens in 2 weeks.

lets see what happens in 2 months.

we are about to have 1 and a half years of pandemic data, so much information for the "experts"

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/bi...d-26a87d6e6491

Wednesday was a historic and controversial day in Texas as Governor Greg Abbott's statewide mask mandate officially ended, allowing businesses to welcome patrons and not require face coverings. In Fort Worth, a predominantly maskless sold-out crowd of 3,000 people headed into Billy Bob's Texas Nightclub to hear Koe Wetzel & Hardy play an acoustic set.

The famous near 40-year-old honky-tonk reopened as a restaurant in August of 2020 to survive and cut back its capacity to 1,200.

It can hold more than 6,000 people and has roughly 127,000 square feet of interior space.

After Abbott announced he would be rescinding his mask order, General Manager Marty Travis said that the honky-tonk decided to increase capacity to

Did you say something?! You ever been to Texas? Nah, I didn't think so. Nice cuttin and pastin. BTW, Abbott is a partisan moron and will not get reelected after the state nearly froze to death on his watch and COVID numbers are already going up since the mask mandate was lifted. But of course, lowlife Abbott is trying to blame it on immigrants. Same old moron GOP hack playbook. Fact: Masks reduce transmission. Learn it, know it, live it. Anything to the contrary is made up horsesh*t. They reduce covid, the flu, the cold and even garden variety halitosis. In other words, I don't have to breathe your nasty germs OR stinky breath and I don't get sick and I don't spread it to anyone. Win-win-win! Couldn't give a rats behind what you deniers do at this point. The days of accepting and rewarding abject stupidity are soon at an end. To that point, Austin, the brain trust of that great state is still mandating masks, ignoring the Governor.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...?mod=home-page

Last edited by monstermagnet; 03-11-2021 at 08:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island