Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 09:32 PM

11,024 posts, read 7,877,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
The real problem is not the vaccine record, although for some that truly is where it ends. The problem is it is being tied into the ID and voting hot issue. Not as in you need it to vote. Rather, you don’t need to provide ID to vote so therefore the vaccine ID should not be allowed either.
Huh?

Old 04-08-2021, 11:05 PM

291 posts, read 203,843 times
Voter ID is racist because low income persons and persons of color aren’t capable of getting an ID, since they either don’t have the time or they’re not intellectually capable of doing so.

However, they do have the time to get vaccinated and display their vaccination ID on their cell phone. As we all know, every human has a smartphone and is capable of doing this, so there’s nothing racist about it.

Meanwhile
- ID is needed to purchase cigarettes/alcohol.
- ID is needed to travel.
- ID is needed to get a job.
- Such disadvantaged people certainly don’t spend time on frivolous pursuits or wastefully spend their money, so they definitely have the time/resources to get vaccinated and display the associated ID, but just not when it relates to voting because that’s just far more time consuming and expensive.

Also, it’s ok for us to open the borders down south and facilitate illegal immigration, but all of us citizens have to stay home under lockdown due to the virus. Illegal immigrants definitely aren’t bringing any new strains with them so that’s ok.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:08 AM

19,099 posts, read 14,064,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I dont understand the resistance either. I have the yellow fever vaccine also. Ive been asked to show it for travel. It’s not a big deal.
Travel is discretionary. You're ok with proving your vaccine status to do every day tasks that HAVE to be performed?

Americans who value freedom (you know, that thing this country was supposed to have an abundance of) are not.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-09-2021, 05:24 AM

107,080 posts, read 109,388,270 times
Freedom to get others sick wasn’t in the bill of rights

Old 04-09-2021, 05:27 AM

Freedom to force others to put chemicals in their body or else take their rights away definitely wasn't in the bill of rights.

Too many don't put their money where their mouth is though so here we are.

Doesn't work on me though. I'll just make a fake one or move again.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-09-2021, 05:28 AM

This is why those who value freedom ignore gun laws and don't try to justify them.

Eventually we're going to need our arms.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:35 AM

Feel free to join the conspiracy theory cult , but with more and more states implementing excelsior pass type systems that are data based fed , enjoy spending your time testing 72 hours before you want to do something that requires it in order to be part of the rest of society.

It ain’t changing because you don’t like it ....you will just be inconvenienced or cut off from doing A lot of things .

If you are okay with it than so be it

Old 04-09-2021, 05:41 AM

Yeah I won't be testing either because I have nothing to prove. Haven't yet, don't plan to.

It's crazy that some of us take this freedom thing so seriously huh?

Most of the recreational things society demands, especially NY'ers, mean very little to me. Anything I do want to do, I'll figure out a way to avoid it. Anything I absolutely need, like food, shelter or security, will be secured with my firearms if society tries to take it from me.

There are still men left in this world.

If they keep pushing, I'll stop wearing a mask too because I'm way beyond tired of doing that to appease the fearful.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:52 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,164,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Yeah I won't be testing either because I have nothing to prove. Haven't yet, don't plan to.

Most of the recreational things society demands, especially NY'ers, mean very little to me. Anything I do want to do, I'll figure out a way to avoid it. Anything I absolutely need, like food, shelter or security, will be secured with my firearms if society tries to take it from me.

If they keep pushing, I'll stop wearing a mask too because I'm way beyond tired of doing that to appease the fearful.
Unless they take you out first.

So I’m assuming that you don’t pay taxes, observe the speed LIMIT, have a drivers license or anything The Man tells you to do.

And people think I’m anti-mask and anti-van.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

That is your choice.as long as confined places keep you out and away from others that is fine.

No one cares if you don’t do these things as long as you are kept away from the Rest of society in higher risk areas.

There are still real men who don’t cower in fear of taking the vaccines and will try to develop enough herd immunity so we can carry the sorry asses of those who fear the vaccines across the finish line. So eventually they can ride the coat tails of others who made normal life eventually possible for everyone

Last edited by mathjak107; 04-09-2021 at 06:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island