Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 08:00 AM

107,034 posts, read 109,362,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
So you're seriously comparing death to having a bad case? That's just dumb
if you never had it bad like I did ,death seems a better choice when you are suffering through it ...of course you don’t want to die but the fact is dead is dead ..it’s done.

Having this for what can be a month at full force is incredibly bad.

So the point is it ain’t just about dying ... living through covid can make you wish you died and put an end to what it can do.

The scale is so wide as to the effects

Old 04-09-2021, 08:04 AM

19,091 posts, read 14,052,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Yeah, they should do well against the local militiarized SWAT unit or Nat Guard Troop. Good luck with that, caveman! Join the club, call Trump the moronic reject he's been since '78 and they call me a lib-tahrd, even though I only vote for Ross Perot, over and over.
What does Trump have to do with this? Strange.

You must be one of those people who believes that every opinion only fits into two neat categories with total adherence to all precepts based on those categories.

Sad.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-09-2021, 08:16 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,548,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The card isn’t going to be used , anyone can make one ....it is an authorization scan code from excelsior and photo Id that is needed..

I tried it yesterday ...all your info is already there if you were really vaccinated ...in fact it wouldn’t issue a code until 2 weeks after our last shot.

So the data base is what counts not the card

That's an interesting twist from what I have read. Do you have a source for this claim?

Everything I have read indicates the Excelsior pass is just _one_ way to gain access to certain events. It will show if you are vaccinated (assuming the system always works as designed. Good luck with that.) In lieu of the phone app, you can also provide proof of a negative test. I haven't seen any test result documentation with a scannable code.

If the app, or any system that checks against a NY database, is required, then NY is essentially closed down to the rest of the world. Any traveler who is not in the NY database is shut out.

It's a little ironic. Everyone ridicules the people who claim the vaccine is a back door to a government tracking device. Then these same people rush to get an app that does exactly that.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:31 AM

6,386 posts, read 13,186,020 times
So is Ny going to require all international flyers to have proof of the vaccination too?

Old 04-09-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
So is Ny going to require all international flyers to have proof of the vaccination too?
Not even sure yet how it will work with say out of staters going to say yankee stadium.

Nothing has been said yet as far as I read about anyone but New Yorkers ...

Who knows , with most things set at reduced capacity perhaps early on may only be open to New Yorkers ...

Old 04-09-2021, 10:53 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,163,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Yeah, they should do well against the local militiarized SWAT unit or Nat Guard Troop. Good luck with that, caveman! Join the club, call Trump the moronic reject he's been since '78 and they call me a lib-tahrd, even though I only vote for Ross Perot, over and over.
What’s that definition of insanity...

Old 04-09-2021, 10:59 AM

6,386 posts, read 13,186,020 times
Exactly my point.

If they don’t stop foreigners from arriving here without the vaccine then it’s a moot point. They can and will spread it just as any Ny’er would. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. For now I’m sitting on the side lines watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Not even sure yet how it will work with say out of staters going to say yankee stadium.

Nothing has been said yet as far as I read about anyone but New Yorkers ...

Who knows , with most things set at reduced capacity perhaps early on may only be open to New Yorkers ...

Old 04-09-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Exactly my point.

If they don’t stop foreigners from arriving here without the vaccine then it’s a moot point. They can and will spread it just as any Ny’er would. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. For now I’m sitting on the side lines watching it.
We have to wait and see the plan

Old 04-09-2021, 02:15 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,418,816 times
People need to relax. Stop hiding. Go out and enjoy life before cancer or something else kills you.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:27 PM

690 posts, read 588,077 times
Quote:
Only the ones with legal identification! Not the illegals hoping the border, and being flown or bussed up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island