Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 11:21 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,661,916 times

Advertisements

I guess HIPAA is not in effect in NY. Good to know.

Old 03-28-2021, 11:22 AM

106,775 posts, read 108,997,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I don't understand your arguments.

If you are vaccinated, you should be thinking you would be immune to others who are unvaccinated. That's how it's supposed to work, right? If not, why would you get vaccinated?

When you say "doing your part," what specifically are you referring to?

Herd immunity does not require vaccine of any kind. That's not how it works.

You basically want thoughtful who don't vaccinate to be punished but why? What is the underlying reason you want people punished?
No , you are not 100% immune ..but you do stand a high chance of not ending up hospitalized or dying but you certainly can get it ....no vaccine is 100% and whatever it is rated is less effective the older you are ...

It just improves your odds , it does not make you immune across the board ...there are variants too that may me more effective at getting through the vaccine too ..maybe not making you as sick but certainly causing you’ve a whole lot of sickness you will wish you didn’t have.

Collectively vaccinated people may do fine together ... but get an unvaccinated person with covid in to the mix and even being vaccinated you can get it since unvaccinated spew higher viral loads .

It may not get you hospitalized or die because you are vaccinated but it can be an experience you wish you never had

Old 03-28-2021, 11:51 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,722,728 times
Quote:
I don't understand your arguments.

If you are vaccinated, you should be thinking you would be immune to others who are unvaccinated. That's how it's supposed to work, right? If not, why would you get vaccinated?

When you say "doing your part," what specifically are you referring to?

Herd immunity does not require vaccine of any kind. That's not how it works.

You basically want thoughtful who don't vaccinate to be punished but why? What is the underlying reason you want people punished?
There is a rush to get more people vaccinated because of the mutations. Unvaccinated people will be hosts for the new variants, which may be more resistant to the current vaccination.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:19 PM

The details are sketchy but it looks like out of towners will have to go to a nys testing facility and get a covid test within 72 hours of the event so they can be put in exelsior . Not sure how they prove vaccinated though yet as those cards can be made by anyone

Old 03-28-2021, 12:48 PM

1,271 posts, read 565,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The details are sketchy but it looks like out of towners will have to go to a nys testing facility and get a covid test within 72 hours of the event so they can be put in exelsior . Not sure how they prove vaccinated though yet as those cards can be made by anyone
All vaccines are property of the federal or state governments and tracked. Easily verified whether you actually had it done. Even when distributed by CVS, they are acting as agents/contractors of the state in this instance.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:26 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,935,735 times
I had my shots at Cedars Sinai Hospital. When I showed up for the second shot they looked me up on a computer sheet and there I was. Hopefully the vaccine passports will use legitimate information from the vaccine administrators and not just "show me your card".

Old 03-28-2021, 02:44 PM

22,678 posts, read 36,831,891 times
Aren't they just going to scan our bodies for the chip they implanted? Isn't that the reason the tinfoil hat crowd doesn't want it?

Old 03-28-2021, 02:45 PM

22,678 posts, read 36,831,891 times
Quote:
I guess HIPAA is not in effect in NY. Good to know.

HIPPA only applies to your medical provider releasing info without your permission. YOU can give your info to anyone you want.

Old 03-28-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
All vaccines are property of the federal or state governments and tracked. Easily verified whether you actually had it done. Even when distributed by CVS, they are acting as agents/contractors of the state in this instance.
It remains to be seen how out of staters are going to get their vaccines proven through the exelsior data base .

Anyone can print a cardboard card ..in state is no problem but I don’t know if they have the ability to get that data in to the ap

Old 03-28-2021, 05:31 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,168,126 times
I think this will just hurt Ny state even more. Have you guys been anywhere south lately? It’s nothing like here. Beaches are packed, restaurants are fully opened, bars are packed etc.

Why in the world would anyone want to come here to visit NY with all these rules and guidelines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island