Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 02:31 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The worst thing that happened to healthcare on Long Island was allowing Northwell to get so big when they aren’t a great health system.

In my interaction with Northshore/LIJ trained docs- not the sharpest of medical pencils, but they are really great businessmen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 03:02 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
In my interaction with Northshore/LIJ trained docs- not the sharpest of medical pencils, but they are really great businessmen.
You nailed it.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:22 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,541,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
We don’t know who has natural immunity and the level
just as we don't know the immunity level of a vaccinated person

Quote:
..the antibody test that is used says nothing about the level of immunity you have
nor would it for the vaccinated person

Quote:
…it only indicates you had come in contact with the viral protein .
do you think it would give more/better information for a vaccinated person vs an unvaccinated person who had the virus?

Quote:
Actual immunity level testing is done via specialized testing called an immunity binding test and is very expensive testing which is not done typically nor can most labs do it
While your claims may be true, they say absolutely nothing about the immunity level of a vaccinated person vs that of a person who has previously been infected.

While it seems the politically correct thing is to ignore those with natural immunity, the science doesn't support your view. Fortunately, more scientists are pushing back against the mob and speaking out on this (such as the recently released Cleveland Clinic study).

The fact that the government and media go out of their way to ignore the topic of natural immunity is troubling. It leads to people spouting uninformed nonsense based on the approved media narrative.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:40 AM

186 posts, read 67,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post

do you think it would give more/better information for a vaccinated person vs an unvaccinated person who had the virus?

While your claims may be true, they say absolutely nothing about the immunity level of a vaccinated person vs that of a person who has previously been infected.

While it seems the politically correct thing is to ignore those with natural immunity, the science doesn't support your view. Fortunately, more scientists are pushing back against the mob and speaking out on this (such as the recently released Cleveland Clinic study).

The fact that the government and media go out of their way to ignore the topic of natural immunity is troubling. It leads to people spouting uninformed nonsense based on the approved media narrative.
Just FYI the Cleveland Clinic released this statement regarding this study:

“Cleveland Clinic recommends those who are eligible receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

We recently shared research that provides insight into how the immune system protects the body after a confirmed COVID-19 infection. The study followed Cleveland Clinic caregivers over five months as the vaccination process was beginning. The data showed that the vaccine was extremely effective in preventing COVID-19 infection. In addition, we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study. This information could help guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in countries where vaccine supply is limited.

This is still a new virus, and more research is needed. It is important to keep in mind that this study was conducted in a population that was younger and healthier than the general population. In addition, we do not know how long the immune system will protect itself against re-infection after COVID-19. It is safe to receive the COVID-19 vaccine even if you have previously tested positive, and we recommend all those who are eligible receive it.”

Old 06-23-2021, 11:44 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
It’s all over on Thursday! Hip hip hooray!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roc...on-update/amp/

Old 06-23-2021, 11:51 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Imagine if COVID hit us with a liberal POTUS in charge in 2020. It would have taken many years for a vaccine to be approved, and we would still be in lockdown (liberals love the COVID power grab, just look at king Cuomo). Every liberal including Fauci was stating it was impossible to rollout an effective COVID vaccine in less then 1 year. Multiple liberal POTUS candidates were calling not to trust any vaccine. Now that BIDEN is potus, complete 180 and he is taking FULL credit for the vaccine. Trump's rapid vaccine development is essentially why the crisis is ending and we are returning to normal, but he gets no credit at all. And yes monstermagnet, I know you will call me faux news watching right wing dumbass so don't bother getting your panties in a bunch.
"Oh orange man, give it to me, baby! I'm your toy! Use me! You're the best, big daddy! All others pale compared to your orange man flesh on me. Oh baby! The libthards and radical lefties don't know your loving honesty and effectiveness at all things. You never get credit, like a big boy should and needs! They don't understand you like I do. No dem could ever make a vaccine or end a fiscal crisis, but you, big daddy built a wicked awesome wall, ended Covid in a month and brought the country together in the greatest unification in history! And SMART...hoo boy! I'm just a lowly doctor but would definitely defer to a crooked real estate tycoon like you, big O, for medical advice! Oh yes, orange daddy! I love you so much it hurts! Please be my president again. Pretty please, with a cherry on top."

Yes, you know what you are, I don't even have to say it. Another poster actually said it better than I:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinche guy View Post
I don’t know about y’all but, color me shocked that a doctor has to lead a fake life so his patients, neighbors and friends don’t have to know about his Newsmax conspiracy takeover.

Old 06-23-2021, 02:18 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
"Oh orange man, give it to me, baby! I'm your toy! Use me! You're the best, big daddy! All others pale compared to your orange man flesh on me. Oh baby! The libthards and radical lefties don't know your loving honesty and effectiveness at all things. You never get credit, like a big boy should and needs! They don't understand you like I do. No dem could ever make a vaccine or end a fiscal crisis, but you, big daddy built a wicked awesome wall, ended Covid in a month and brought the country together in the greatest unification in history! And SMART...hoo boy! I'm just a lowly doctor but would definitely defer to a crooked real estate tycoon like you, big O, for medical advice! Oh yes, orange daddy! I love you so much it hurts! Please be my president again. Pretty please, with a cherry on top."

Yes, you know what you are, I don't even have to say it. Another poster actually said it better than I:

Dude, I told you to not get your panties in a bunch

Old 06-23-2021, 10:26 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,541,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
Just FYI the Cleveland Clinic released this statement regarding this study:
Which makes no sense at all.

Your own quote from the study stated: "we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study."

Other findings from the study include (bold added):

"...it was observed that the COVID-19 vaccination significantly reduced the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection in previously uninfected participants but not in previously infected participants."

and

"The study findings reveal that individuals with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection do not get additional benefits from vaccination, indicating that COVID-19 vaccines should be prioritized to individuals without prior infection."

The study concludes there is no benefit from the vaccine (for those previously infected). However small, there is some level of risk associated with the vaccine. It makes no sense to recommend a vaccine based on a study that concludes the vaccine is pointless. That conclusion is NOT supported by the study - it is contradicted by the study.

Since anyone who questions the vaccine is likely to be censored or labeled a nutjob, it is likely that the suggestion is added to avoid cancellation. I have seen the same thing in interviews with other virologists... they discuss the "science" and how natural immunity is as effective as the vaccine... then add on unsubstantiated opinion about getting the vaccine anyway.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:44 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:

Vaccinated people will show zero antibodies in a standard viral protein test ..all you have are the instruction set for defeating the virus when it happens …

As far as having covid , you can pay to have an actual binding test which is expensive if you want to know actual natural immunity levels…

That is a different far more complex test then just the viral contact test that is done ..most labs can not perform a binding test so you would need to find a facility that can .

That tests actual response as far as antibodies to fight and not just antibodies that say you had contact

Old 06-24-2021, 03:10 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times
Quote:
Which makes no sense at all.

Your own quote from the study stated: "we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study."

Other findings from the study include (bold added):

"...it was observed that the COVID-19 vaccination significantly reduced the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection in previously uninfected participants but not in previously infected participants."

and

"The study findings reveal that individuals with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection do not get additional benefits from vaccination, indicating that COVID-19 vaccines should be prioritized to individuals without prior infection."

The study concludes there is no benefit from the vaccine (for those previously infected). However small, there is some level of risk associated with the vaccine. It makes no sense to recommend a vaccine based on a study that concludes the vaccine is pointless. That conclusion is NOT supported by the study - it is contradicted by the study.

Since anyone who questions the vaccine is likely to be censored or labeled a nutjob, it is likely that the suggestion is added to avoid cancellation. I have seen the same thing in interviews with other virologists... they discuss the "science" and how natural immunity is as effective as the vaccine... then add on unsubstantiated opinion about getting the vaccine anyway.
The tens of millions of those with natural immunity (had Covid, recovered) are very significant in terms of combatting the virus yet are mysteriously ignored when considering herd immunity Here is one very recent example:

Over 45 percent of U.S. residents have completed their vaccination schedule, a significant improvement but nowhere near the threshold necessary to snuff out the virus in the country. Rates among the youngest adults continue to lag.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

Obviously, WAPO is incorrect in their statement. 45% fully vaccinated could be close to herd immunity. Depends on natural immunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island