Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 05:09 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,601,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
It's total BS. No one is teaching it anywhere except grad school. Not a single K-12 teaches it. There is no curriculum, just a political football. It's a theory from the 70's civil rights movement. Here is a link to a conservative (anti CRT) website trying to track where it's taught. You'll see not a single K-12 anywhere. And I'd suspect the colleges listed have minimal actual courses related to this, just parts of high level civics courses. It's like common core, a scare story to rile up the voter base. Nothing more. Ask most of the complainers and they can't even tell you what it is...but that doesn't stop them sending out mailers and holding press conferences.

https://criticalrace.org/schools
No one is teaching CRT “the method” to school children. What they are teaching is the output of the method. The output is designed to create an emotional response, to motivate the masses to action, to disrupt society.

Old 06-24-2021, 05:18 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Something tells me ‘Critical Race Theory’ is soon to disappear like the ‘Defund the Police’ and ‘Voter Identification is Racist’ narratives.

Ideas so bad in the light of day the libs have to deny they ever existed.

And of course critical race theory and all its divisive notions of ‘systemic racism’ and ‘white privilege’ is making temporary inroads beyond the academy.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 06-24-2021 at 05:44 AM..

Old 06-24-2021, 06:26 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
CRT, will be taught in every school. Now, they are not going to blatantly label it as "CRT hour" or class or anything as direct as that, however, make no mistake, ever curricula will dip their toes into it to some degree. I would suspect the areas that get pushback will make mention of it, as in a "passing gloss over" it segment and the areas that get little to no pushback will get a more in-depth discussion of it.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:05 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Has anyone else noticed that we seem to be changing a lot of the dialogue these days by buzz words. CRT, BLM. to name just two.

I am wondering about this because as long as I can recall we have had hungry people. In fact, I never really recall a time we did not have a food pantry for the hungry at my church or food donations to the hungry. But until the pandemic I never heard of the
term "food insecurity". Why do we need a term for hungry people that need food? I am not making fun of the hungry people, but this term brings to my mind the Peanuts character of Linus, trailing his blank and it make me want to stick all kinds of food pantry items on his blanket.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:22 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Has anyone else noticed that we seem to be changing a lot of the dialogue these days by buzz words. CRT, BLM. to name just two.

I am wondering about this because as long as I can recall we have had hungry people. In fact, I never really recall a time we did not have a food pantry for the hungry at my church or food donations to the hungry. But until the pandemic I never heard of the
term "food insecurity". Why do we need a term for hungry people that need food? I am not making fun of the hungry people, but this term brings to my mind the Peanuts character of Linus, trailing his blank and it make me want to stick all kinds of food pantry items on his blanket.

Like someone who does a crap job at work isn't doing a crap job, they are showing opportunities for improvement.

People aren't drug addicts anymore, they have substance use disorder.

CRT will come to your schools by asking questions like How can you use your privilege as a white person/man/citizen of a rich community to help disadvantaged people. It will be very subtle but it will be to encourage some kids to see themselves as part of the problem and others to see themselves as unable to carry on by themselves in our society. It is, as noted, intended to cause a division and a disruption.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:26 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
CRT, will be taught in every school. Now, they are not going to blatantly label it as "CRT hour" or class or anything as direct as that, however, make no mistake, ever curricula will dip their toes into it to some degree. I would suspect the areas that get pushback will make mention of it, as in a "passing gloss over" it segment and the areas that get little to no pushback will get a more in-depth discussion of it.
This exactly. There is so much taught in school that parents don't realize because it's not in the "official" curriculum. But teachers attend workshops where they are given instruction in how to insert these ideologies everyday into regular lessons.

CRT is being pushed everywhere, it's just done in a backhanded way. With all of the buzz now do you think school districts would actually call it CRT?

Old 06-24-2021, 07:39 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
No one is teaching CRT “the method” to school children. What they are teaching is the output of the method. The output is designed to create an emotional response, to motivate the masses to action, to disrupt society.
I'm fine with that.

They already have an emotional response. Guilt. They weren't part of the problem, maybe they prefer to be part of the solution.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:40 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
This exactly. There is so much taught in school that parents don't realize because it's not in the "official" curriculum. But teachers attend workshops where they are given instruction in how to insert these ideologies everyday into regular lessons.

CRT is being pushed everywhere, it's just done in a backhanded way. With all of the buzz now do you think school districts would actually call it CRT?
Despite all the braying on here, the problem is in the grad schools, not the elementary schools. Colleges are PC nut farms now.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:10 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinche guy View Post
God forbid children learn the real history of this country. Much better to keep them ignorant and tell them how great and special they are. That’s going to work out much better for them down the road!
I'm not going to apologize for being white, I didn't own slaves either did my family. I'm not oppressing anyone because of the way I was born.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:41 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinche guy View Post
I’m very proud of you. Do you want a cookie? Why is learning history a bad thing? Why can’t we learn the good, bad and the ugly of slavery?
I have no issues with learning about slavery. I have issues with telling kids they are oppressors because they are white and or male. Yes I do want a cookie, so I just had a 1/2 of chewy chips ahoy w/ reese's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island