Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2021, 10:40 PM

323 posts, read 199,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
How about everyone put their big boy pants on and do what works for them. And stop allowing the government to jerk our corks with this divide and conquer control nonsense.
Vax or don’t vax.
Mask or don’t mask.
This scumbag president called non vaxxers murderers.
Great way to unite the country. Fugging idiot.
Turn the goddam news off. It’s all garbage and political propaganda.
Sorry I can't give you more than one rep point. Beautifully said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 11:10 PM

3,493 posts, read 1,409,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
How about everyone put their big boy pants on and do what works for them. And stop allowing the government to jerk our corks with this divide and conquer control nonsense.
Vax or don’t vax.
Mask or don’t mask.
This scumbag president called non vaxxers murderers.
Great way to unite the country. Fugging idiot.
Turn the goddam news off. It’s all garbage and political propaganda.

Well said, my good friend. I, myself, made the mistake and listened to the CDC back in May despite that voice in my head telling me that we're declaring victory too soon. I should have listened to that voice because it was right all along. I've been masking up again not because the CDC says so, but because I now lost trust in the CDC and the effectiveness of the vaccines against the Delta variant. And believe me, the next time I remove my mask, it will be when *I* decide it's appropriate and not when the CDC tells me to.

I really look up to those who continued masking up through June and July and did what their common sense told them to rather than what these "experts" told them to. I wish I had done the same.

Old 08-02-2021, 11:44 PM

323 posts, read 199,356 times
Not getting the vax. It doesn't really matter why. I don't care if restaurants won't allow me in or I am not allowed to shop in person at Walmart. I could care less if I am not allowed into a concert hall, on a plane or a theater. I don't even like going places or having idle chit chat with strangers in public anyway so I stay in most of the time. I don't even give a darn if I am not allowed to keep a job because I am not vaxxed. Thank goodness I don't have to work and have to put up with that nonsense of being forced to take it just to keep my job, pay my mortgage and feed my family. I pity those that do.

I'm simply tired of this whole covid hysteria and fear mongering going around. With that being said, I am not denying it doesn't exist. Sure, some people get it or got it and died and some get/got very sick from it and that is sad. However, life is one big risk. Most people live in too much fear and the media relishes in scaring everyone to death with all the bad news daily. Fear sells newspapers and keeps the media in business. The government wants to keep us all divided and hating each other over this too.

Big Pharma makes billions on vaccines. The government gets kickbacks and their pockets get lined with money and bribes. The more hysteria there is, the more money they make. I'm sure the politicians are getting their palms greased somehow by Big Pharma, both Dems and Republicans. It's all about the money. The government does not really care about any of us either. It is all one big lie.

When Covid first started, I was absolutely terrified and glued to the news 24/7 feeding my head daily with panic and worry. I chastised my own family for not wearing masks or going out to the gym, or the store or family gatherings putting me at risk. I'm done with it. Enough is enough. Life needs to go on. The whole nation is divided by this and it is getting pretty ridiculous. If you didn't get the vaccine some people are even so nasty that they wish you and your family dead or wish you get sick just so they can say "I told you so". Others think people like me should basically be chained up in my basement. We live in a cruel, divisive, opinionated society. If you got your vaccine, what do you have to worry about then? The government and Big Pharma said you will be fine and won't die from it and will stay out of the hospital. Trust the science you all keep defending.

If you are immune compromised, terrified, afraid of dying, or worried, just stay home, or vaccinate yourself and wear a mask. Eventually we are all going to get it whether we are vaccinated or not. Vaccinated people are spreaders too. Everyone dies eventually. Some sooner, some later. Life can be a tragedy at times. Nobody is immune from life's tragedies.

Whether we like it or not Covid is here to stay. It will be coming back every year and turn into different strains, just like the flu does every year. You can still spread it even if you get the vax anyway. I am not selfish, or want to kill your grandma. I just don't want a Covid shot. I do not trust something that has not been studied long term and was churned out so fast. I will take my chances and maybe my immune system will do it's job. If it doesn't, I end up learning a hard lesson since sometimes life can be like a game show called "The Wheel Of Misfortune.

The more the politicians and media beg me to take it the more I get suspicious and the less I want it. The more our political leaders keep offering free donuts, free scholarships, free lottery tickets, gift cards, baseball game tickets, cash, etc... it makes me not want it even more. I could care less if anyone calls me a grandma killer, selfish, an antivaxxer (which I am not), a fool, a conspiracy theorist, tin foil hat wearer or anything else. Enough is enough. Live your best life because life is short.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:00 AM

106,655 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
people get sick but not that many people are dying, only 4 people DIED from covid. and most likely these people were in hospice.

covid has a 99.8% SURVIVAL RATE, let that sink in before you start ranting and raving that the world is dying from oovid

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/statu...61209101910016

Total COVID hospitalizations are at 788. Of the 72,514 tests reported yesterday, 2,143 were positive (2.96% of total). Sadly, there were 4 fatalities.
Ny is not representative of what is going on country wide , nice try though

Old 08-03-2021, 04:01 AM

18 posts, read 24,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
Not getting the vax. It doesn't really matter why. I don't care if restaurants won't allow me in or I am not allowed to shop in person at Walmart. I could care less if I am not allowed into a concert hall, on a plane or a theater. I don't even like going places or having idle chit chat with strangers in public anyway so I stay in most of the time. I don't even give a darn if I am not allowed to keep a job because I am not vaxxed. Thank goodness I don't have to work and have to put up with that nonsense of being forced to take it just to keep my job, pay my mortgage and feed my family. I pity those that do.

I'm simply tired of this whole covid hysteria and fear mongering going around. With that being said, I am not denying it doesn't exist. Sure, some people get it or got it and died and some get/got very sick from it and that is sad. However, life is one big risk. Most people live in too much fear and the media relishes in scaring everyone to death with all the bad news daily. Fear sells newspapers and keeps the media in business. The government wants to keep us all divided and hating each other over this too.

Big Pharma makes billions on vaccines. The government gets kickbacks and their pockets get lined with money and bribes. The more hysteria there is, the more money they make. I'm sure the politicians are getting their palms greased somehow by Big Pharma, both Dems and Republicans. It's all about the money. The government does not really care about any of us either. It is all one big lie.

When Covid first started, I was absolutely terrified and glued to the news 24/7 feeding my head daily with panic and worry. I chastised my own family for not wearing masks or going out to the gym, or the store or family gatherings putting me at risk. I'm done with it. Enough is enough. Life needs to go on. The whole nation is divided by this and it is getting pretty ridiculous. If you didn't get the vaccine some people are even so nasty that they wish you and your family dead or wish you get sick just so they can say "I told you so". Others think people like me should basically be chained up in my basement. We live in a cruel, divisive, opinionated society. If you got your vaccine, what do you have to worry about then? The government and Big Pharma said you will be fine and won't die from it and will stay out of the hospital. Trust the science you all keep defending.

If you are immune compromised, terrified, afraid of dying, or worried, just stay home, or vaccinate yourself and wear a mask. Eventually we are all going to get it whether we are vaccinated or not. Vaccinated people are spreaders too. Everyone dies eventually. Some sooner, some later. Life can be a tragedy at times. Nobody is immune from life's tragedies.

Whether we like it or not Covid is here to stay. It will be coming back every year and turn into different strains, just like the flu does every year. You can still spread it even if you get the vax anyway. I am not selfish, or want to kill your grandma. I just don't want a Covid shot. I do not trust something that has not been studied long term and was churned out so fast. I will take my chances and maybe my immune system will do it's job. If it doesn't, I end up learning a hard lesson since sometimes life can be like a game show called "The Wheel Of Misfortune.

The more the politicians and media beg me to take it the more I get suspicious and the less I want it. The more our political leaders keep offering free donuts, free scholarships, free lottery tickets, gift cards, baseball game tickets, cash, etc... it makes me not want it even more. I could care less if anyone calls me a grandma killer, selfish, an antivaxxer (which I am not), a fool, a conspiracy theorist, tin foil hat wearer or anything else. Enough is enough. Live your best life because life is short.
Couldn’t of said it better myself. Well done!! The thing I don’t get is if the shot is going to be a requirement if you have a state job, why is it not a requirement if you are on govt assistance? It should be free for them and therefore help the situation by making welfare and other government assistance recipients get the shot. Yet you don’t see that. Instead you see people who could lose their jobs if they don’t get it. Not understanding the logic behind that.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:25 AM

106,655 posts, read 108,810,853 times
What is there to understand ..
Employees are huddled together indoors in the work place and employers have to keep employees from getting sick .

Who cares what welfare people do on their own …
Sick employees can’t come to work and produce for the employer …

Old 08-03-2021, 06:17 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times
Waaahhhh. My 15 year old got the shot and life goes on. He also got measels, mumps, rubella, polio, and a bunch of others...like we all did, ALL OF US, and all of which were NEW or even experimental at the time. You 2 sound like abject cowards. The kind who talk tough, then hide under the bed when the redcoats actually come, saying "not my problem" or "I'm done with it." Classic. Well sorry, dudes, it aint done with us. American exceptionalism at work. Sheesh. WTF happened to us? Home of the brave my ass. This country has gone soft. Can't even protect itself because people are too stupid to sort out some basic common sense and science without being befuddled by the noise of social media and subjective news outlets.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 08-03-2021 at 06:28 AM..

Old 08-03-2021, 06:42 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Waaahhhh. My 15 year old got the shot and life goes on. He also got measels, mumps, rubella, polio, and a bunch of others...like we all did, ALL OF US, and all of which were NEW or even experimental at the time. You 2 sound like abject cowards. The kind who talk tough, then hide under the bed when the redcoats actually come, saying "not my problem" or "I'm done with it." Classic. Well sorry, dudes, it aint done with us. American exceptionalism at work. Sheesh. WTF happened to us? Home of the brave my ass. This country has gone soft. Can't even protect itself because people are too stupid to sort out some basic common sense and science without being befuddled by the noise of social media and subjective news outlets.
Nice try flipping that around but you’re the one so scared for your child (who has close to zero statistical risk of a bad reaction to COVID) that you’d inject him with something more likely to give him a heart problem. Have they come up with a vaccine for TDS yet?

Old 08-03-2021, 07:25 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Nice try flipping that around but you’re the one so scared for your child (who has close to zero statistical risk of a bad reaction to COVID) that you’d inject him with something more likely to give him a heart problem. Have they come up with a vaccine for TDS yet?
His decision, along with all his other friends and parents, based on common sense and research. He doesn't get his marching orders from Tucker Carlson. Speaking of TDS, another BS red herring you're so shamelessly trying to deflect with, explain the "but Trump deserves the credit for the fast vaccines" and then "but we don't trust da gubmint so won't take it." How often do you right wing lemmings open your mouths to change feet? Every day! Original hoaxer Lindsey Graham bowing in thanks for his vax today...classic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-03-2021, 08:02 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
. However, life is one big risk. Most people live in too much fear .
Has agoraphobia, won't leave the house, lectures everyone else who is trying to live their normal life on how to do so. Okey dokey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island