Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 PM

7 posts, read 36,741 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]What about Highland rd near the train station in the back near the hospital? Is this an iffy section? Do you think this part of Glen Cove is still good or it going to succumb to the rest of the town? It is only a few blocks from School street!!!!!![/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 05:17 PM

[SIZE=3]What about Highland rd near the train station in the back near the hospital? Is this an iffy section? Do you think this part of Glen Cove is still good or it going to succumb to the rest of the town? It is only a few blocks from School street!!!!!![/SIZE]

Old 05-15-2008, 06:09 PM

939 posts, read 2,678,188 times
Glen Cove used to be nice but the Catholic Church destroyed it starting in the late 1970's when they imported Central American's en masse, straining the schools and other public utilities.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,311,856 times
Glen Cove, right down there with Westbury, another town invaded by illegals. It all started with Suozzi, now he's the county exec and the illegals are invading Nassau.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:51 PM

[SIZE=3]What about the Glen isle project?? Do you think it will happen? It would be difficult for the illegal immigrants to stay if the area becomes a hot place to live. The real estate would become to valuable.[/SIZE]

Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,259,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Glen Cove, right down there with Westbury, another town invaded by illegals. It all started with Suozzi, now he's the county exec and the illegals are invading Nassau.
We have to get rid of Suozzi.

For anyone in Glen Cove, did Suozzi ever get the Illegal Alien Hiring Hall built in Glen Cove that he wanted? Imagine the nerve! Wanting to use taxpayer money so illegal aliens can get off the books work. I hear there is already one in Suffolk to "keep the illegal aliens off the streets." I don't know who the politician is who brainstormed it. I HOPE he is not still in office.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,650,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
The project looks nice. The problem is that Glen Cove will be divided in two. One half will be very nice while the other rots with illegal immigrants. There are even reports that MS-13, the El Salvadorian gang, has placed some roots in Glen Cove (moving from Hempstead and Freeport). I know..because 2 of my cousins are part of Glen Cove Police.

It's really sad what happened to that lovely town.
But that's ok. Then you can fence off the bad part, maybe like the fence on the Mexican border. It could be Glen Cove and Glaten Americove

Old 05-16-2008, 07:02 AM

[SIZE=3]So I guess this place will never turn around and it would not be a good idea to move here. It is really upsetting what is going on everywhere! I am coming from Douglaston in queens. We have the same situation only with Korean. They have money and have taken over. They really want all of the white people out and are not community based at all. Northern blvd looks like a foreign country!! I like a diverse neighborhood but I don’t feel like I live in a foreign country. So where is the place to live on long island that is somewhat close to the city that you don’t have to pay over 2,000,000 for a decedent home?[/SIZE]

Old 05-19-2008, 12:50 PM

964 posts, read 2,459,382 times
Jada,

The Korean culture is very nationalistic. They believe in maintaining the purity of their bloodlines in an almost Confucian manner. Certainly there are exceptions to the rule, and younger generations may change. But, make no mistake, they would definitely like a very homogenous Korean Northern Queens for the future. I really hope in the future they do a better job of reaching out to other cultures.

There are very few decent areas left in the tri-state area that aren't very expensive. My wife and I are being forced to spend a small fortune to buy a home in one of those areas.

If you don't mind the commute, I'd suggest looking at Massepequa, Plainview, Old Bethpage, and some of these areas. They aren't overrun with illegals..at least not yet.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:35 PM

[SIZE=3]Thanks for the thought. I don’t know where I will end up yet. I have been looking in Garden City also. I have been trying to spend a lot of time in Glen Cove because the house I want to buy is really an amazing home. It is not Manhasset but it really is not at all like it is being portrayed on these forums. If they build up that water front area it may really be a home run. Look what has happened to long Island City and Green point. I have been in every neighborhood and they all have something you have to pick your poison when you live in New York![/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island