Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 AM

90 posts, read 352,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transpl View Post
The illegals put you up to this post, didn't they!

I can't prove it yet, but I'm missing a sock from the laundry hamper and I'm certain it was an illegal who snuck in and stole it

roflmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,804 times
I have a couple of friends that live in glen cover but never really asked them about the area. I did, however, work there for a week and it was full of latin people.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:00 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
I did, however, work there for a week and it was full of latin people.

Are you saying that there are descendents of the Latin-speaking Ligures, Veneti, Etruscans, Piceni, Umbrians, Romans, Osci, and Messapii, and they are using the Latin alphabet and Latin numerals when they tag (paint graffiti on) random buildings in the City of Glen Cove?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:20 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Are you saying that there are descendents of the Latin-speaking Ligures, Veneti, Etruscans, Piceni, Umbrians, Romans, Osci, and Messapii, and they are using the Latin alphabet and Latin numerals when they tag (paint graffiti on) random buildings in the City of Glen Cove?
um, no. latinos. I call them latins for short.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 PM

23 posts, read 93,984 times
I decided one day to check the projects area and it's small there's nothing really there except houses and a church I really didn't see a lot of run down houses it didn't seem that bad idk maybe im wrong but thats what I saw I just stare at the houses for like 5 mins I just saw a quick look so idk

Old 09-24-2009, 09:50 PM

264 posts, read 878,209 times
Glen Cove, used to be nice.. now.. it's one of the worse places on Long Island.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:22 PM

42 posts, read 144,191 times
I have a good friend that lives on the last street by the water near garvies point museum. it's a very nice area and we always enjoy hiking along the water when we visit. Seems like a safe area to me but I don't know if it's near where you are looking. As someone else mentioned it's a long ride from the LIE or NS.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:57 PM

23 posts, read 97,532 times
I have to say that I really like Glen Cove ...it is a city so it has different parts to it, some better than others. BUT....The illegals do wait for work everyday on Forest Avenue ....they stand along Forest Ave at night in little groups for whatever reason...I know some people find it disgusting to mention illegals but the truth is the truth. Lets just say it doesnt add to the neighborhood to stand around at night like that .its probably ms 13 ...Besides that factor, It has some nice community events....some good restaurants.....is close to Locust Valley and Oyster Bay which has nice restaurants and shopping, amazing library.....great Fourth of July.....close to the beach....20 minutes to Roosevelt Field and all the shopping ....20 min to Broadway mall....has a ymca , nice health food store. By stop and shop is still nice and by the hospital. Seems that people are more accepting on this forum ...that these things happen everywhere so if you just enjoy it and dont worry about the couple of tiny areas that are "bad" , I would say it is fine.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:09 AM

33 posts, read 120,235 times
Glen Cove is a really nice town.It has some problems but as a resident for 50 years I would have to say overall it is a nice place to live.Have seen it change over the years but it is a safe area.The Glen Cove Police understand what is going on and they keep it under control.I would fear the politictions more than anyone I would meet on the street.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 AM

964 posts, read 2,462,695 times
Glen Cove was nice until the 1980's when it opened the doors to illegal immigrants, primarily from El Salvador. The town used to have a very wealthy community (which still lives there) and a large large middle class community made up primarily of Italians.

Now the middle class has shrunk badly in Glen Cove, and the illegal immigrants run the town. Wherever you go, they are there...even in the tree-lined neighborhoods. I have many relatives in Glen Cove (including 3 cousins in the police force). They can attest to the fact it has gone downhill. The schools are shot too by the way. The weathly send their kids to a private academy nearby and the middle class simply send them to Catholic School. That leaves the public schools as being MS 13 High.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island