Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2021, 07:18 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
So spin it as "20 people out of millions we serve" or call it what it is, 5% of the hospital is Covid patients which sure 'aint normal and is probably understated in your anecdotal numbers.
Hey! You can spin it as 'the sky is falling' if you prefer. Didnt Henny Penny do that?

I doubt my administrators are lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
yeah, and what good is that if you have to wear a mask all day?

anyone who works in a school is being forced to take a vaccine AND wear a mask.

and its great if YOU want to get the vaccine, but what if I dont and they force me to or say I can lose my job?
Im in the same boat as you - you can try to file for a medical or religious accommodation.

You can try a change in career. Self-employment as an example.

You can try a change of scenery. Several states have a ban on vaccine mandates. You might want to check them out and see if any look appealing and have openings in your field.

You can protest. You can support those that support your position. You can take a moment and write your assemblymen, House and Senate Representatives, new Governor, new Lt Governor, Vice President, even president Biden.

If no one tries, nothing will change. If the loudest cry is coming from those that want a booster every 5 months, then your voice will not be herd, but - you will know that you tried.

If you do nothing - you can expect to reap that as your reward. You are being compliant.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:04 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Hey! You can spin it as 'the sky is falling' if you prefer. Didnt Henny Penny do that?

I doubt my administrators are lying.
I didn't spin anything, you did. I did math. 20/320 is approx 6%. Because gazintas. And of course, I never said anything was falling, that's also you.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
I didn't spin anything, you did. I did math. 20/320 is approx 6%. Because gazintas. And of course, I never said anything was falling, that's also you.
You arent spinning but you changed the numbers. Yeah...

Old 08-29-2021, 11:32 AM

855 posts, read 450,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Even the pharmaceutical companies didn’t say the vax would stop you from getting it. But it would help with the effects. It was politicians (of which the Fauci is a part) who said they could solve the Rona.
The politicians were wrong and so is anybody else that thinks th vaccines were supposed to cure Covid.
Of course they were wrong. What they care about is putting money in the Big Pharma coffers. This was never about public safety.

And now we're seeing more and more studies out of places like Israel and the UK showing it is actually the vaccinated who are getting COVID at higher rates than the non-vaccinated and that the viral loads are far, far higher in the vaccinated than the non-vaccinated.

Old 08-29-2021, 11:49 AM

Mathjak, and others,

Here is a Youtube video with Dr Malone. He speaks very fairly about the mRNA technology he invented, and what he feels are the problems with the research that was done to rush through the vaccines we are currently taking.

Its not easy to follow for the uninitiated, and requires an attention span of about an hour but it includes information on the concerns of the technology and how it is being used, as well as concerns with the type of research that was done, and never cleared up to a professional level in his opinion.

Im not looking for comments or arguments. Anyone can consider it or disregard it. Im just making it available for anyone that is interested but not sure how to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E2UkhCWosg&t=107s

People have fears of the virus and the vaccine, but I dont think either side is spurred on as much by misinformation as they are the 'unknowns' in regard to both.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 08-29-2021 at 12:02 PM..

Old 08-29-2021, 12:25 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Of course they were wrong. What they care about is putting money in the Big Pharma coffers. This was never about public safety.

And now we're seeing more and more studies out of places like Israel and the UK showing it is actually the vaccinated who are getting COVID at higher rates than the non-vaccinated and that the viral loads are far, far higher in the vaccinated than the non-vaccinated.
Actually less about Big Pharma and more about BIG GOVERNMENT.
I’ve said it before, don’t just believe studies you see as most of the ones we are seeing are rushed. Studies take year to do, take months to review and even after being double blind peer reviewed and published 50% of them will be found to be wrong. That goes for studies that support either side of the arguments.

Let’s look at the numbers: about 60%of Israel have had at least one shot of the vax. We know that the Vax doesn’t stop the virus but reduces the effects, so if the majority is vaxed it makes sense that the vaxed make up the majority of cases. At least that is the first thing I would look into regarding the study. So I wouldn’t be making assumptions one way or the other at this point.

Last edited by ClarkStreetKid; 08-29-2021 at 12:38 PM..

Old 08-29-2021, 12:58 PM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Mathjak, and others,

Here is a Youtube video with Dr Malone. He speaks very fairly about the mRNA technology he invented, and what he feels are the problems with the research that was done to rush through the vaccines we are currently taking.

Its not easy to follow for the uninitiated, and requires an attention span of about an hour but it includes information on the concerns of the technology and how it is being used, as well as concerns with the type of research that was done, and never cleared up to a professional level in his opinion.

Im not looking for comments or arguments. Anyone can consider it or disregard it. Im just making it available for anyone that is interested but not sure how to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E2UkhCWosg&t=107s

People have fears of the virus and the vaccine, but I dont think either side is spurred on as much by misinformation as they are the 'unknowns' in regard to both.
Well I listened but I still don’t believe all he says to the press and in interviews is not about an axe to grind ….so far hospitals , doctors offices and ERS SHOW nothing out of the ordinary as far as any effects despite billions of shots given all over the world.

I take it with a grain of salt until we see other wise and more like the turd thrown in the punch bowel if we don’t see any major issues

Old 08-29-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Well I listened but I still don’t believe all he said is not about an axe to grind ….so far hospitals , doctors offices and ERS SHOW nothing out of the ordinary as far as any effects despite billions of shots given all over the world.

I take it with a grain of salt until we see other wise. And more like the turd thrown in the ouch bowel
Initially al his banter appears to me to be sour grapes for a whole lot of reasons
I dont know what you are talking about. I assume you didnt really listen to it. Call him a turd all you want, but that turd is the reason you have that vaccine you hold so dear. Never saw that tactic before - "Everybody take a vaccine created by a turd!" lol

Last edited by ComeCloser; 08-29-2021 at 01:18 PM..

Old 08-29-2021, 01:28 PM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
No , I didn’t call him a turd ..I said a lot of his interviews are on the negative side of things and if you are familiar with the term i used it means that the person attempts to negate a lot of the positives of something by dropping a turd in the party punch bowl .

Whether fully accurate or sour grapes we don’t really know the side effects on any large scale yet nor have we seen any effects on a large scale .

Like the unemployment numbers are to economics the hospital and er data are at the end of the food chain .

We know when things are good or bad by what the bottom line numbers reflect …

But we do know the large scale success right here of the vaccines in our nyc hospitals as 97% of those hospitalized are unvaccinated…

So far except for a sporadic side effect like any vaccine or medicine , doctors , hospitals and ERS Are not seeing much in having to treat side effects that I have seen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island