Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2021, 04:01 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,096,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Its is an opinion board. My opinion is that posts should be reflective of the title of the thread. I think it is part of the TOS to prevent derailment of threads in fact.

The OPs topic could be an interesting one. So far it has hardly been discussed at all. No demonstration of how the mandate has affected LI's healthcare system.

Instead we have the usual vax debate which can be had in umpteen places in CD forum or in a sticky thread about covid in general.
And my opinion is your opinion is biased, and your interpretation of the TOS an amateur one based on your personal bias.

At this point I would accuse YOU of purposely derailing the discussion for no reason other than to inflate a bloated ego.

You prove my opinion right with each off topic and disruptive post you make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2021, 04:08 PM

8,003 posts, read 9,214,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
And my opinion is your opinion is biased, and your interpretation of the TOS an amateur one based on your personal bias.

At this point I would accuse YOU of purposely derailing the discussion for no reason other than to inflate a bloated ego.

You prove my opinion right with each off topic and disruptive post you make.

Yeah, a disruptive post asking for a post, any post, trying to bring back addressing the title of the thread.

Instead we get posts about Colorado and Nevada, pictures of Biden, and the usual vax arguments.
Nothing about the topic at hand

Old 10-09-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I totally agree. Its not being handled fairly. Nursing homes get mail. Doesnt Kathy Hochul care about the infectious potential of articles delivered by USPS employees to nursing home patients?
This one addressed the topic of the thread - but your biased opinion has lead you to disregard it.

The Retirement forum has a thread you will love if you can’t be asked to make one of your own.

Old 10-09-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
This one addressed the topic of the thread - but your biased opinion has lead you to disregard it.

The Retirement forum has a thread you will love if you can’t be asked to make one of your own.
Did it really address the healthcare shortage that nursing homes will be facing? That is the title of the thread.

Old 10-09-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Did it really address the healthcare shortage that nursing homes will be facing? That is the title of the thread.
Have you thought about reading the thread, or is everyone expected to repeat pages of discussion in the hope of catching you up?

Old 10-09-2021, 04:20 PM

I have read the thread thanks. No talk about the effect of the mandate on LI or NY healthcare except for listing number of Northwell employees fired (and no mention if those employees are clinicians/providers or not).

Why the hostility for asking for posts to representative of the thread's title?

Old 10-09-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I have read the thread thanks. No talk about the effect of the mandate on LI or NY healthcare except for listing number of Northwell employees fired (and no mention if those employees are clinicians/providers or not).

Why the hostility for asking for posts to representative of the thread's title?
That’s a good question. What do you get out of continuously disrupting the discussion on a thread you clearly have no intention of making a meaningful contribution to the topic on?

Old 10-09-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
That’s a good question. What do you get out of continuously disrupting the discussion on a thread you clearly have no intention of making a meaningful contribution to the topic on?
Just replying to you my friend. It would be rude to keep you hanging.

Old 10-09-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Don't forget USPS workers are exempt from the vaccine. Because science.

True story. You can't get COVID if you're transporting mail.

Congress is also exempt from the vaccine. They have developed a magical anti-COVID invisible bubble wrap around the capitol building.

As for masks since our dear leaders would't lie to us, it appears you can't get COVID when standing up, only when sitting down. If I were a nurse who was fired I would ask about this.

COVID is lethal if you dare to enter a gym or McDonald's. But funny enough, due to science, a few blocks away if you enter the MET gala and are a celeb, the anti-COVID fairy dust is alive and well so you're protected.

Not a mask in sight.

If people can't see this has nothing to do with science and protecting the people I don't know what to tell you. This is all about control and Big Pharma profits.
Ima try again. I agree with this. Even administrative employees who have no patient contact are barred from employment in healthcare facilities because they are considered to be healthcare workers. Also vendors and contractors doing work on nursing homes and hospitals and correctional institutions are under Gov Hochul’s vaccine mandate from which LI Nursing Home residents are also suffering BUT Federal employees working for the USPS, and delivering mail to those nursing home residents don’t need to vaccinated because apparently COVID cannot live on mail and be transmitted thusly by postal workers.

And why is this post so stupidly detailed ? Because some self appointed monitors of the posts on this thread require anyone posting to act as their own attorney while attempting to participate in the discussion.

Old 10-09-2021, 04:52 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,393,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
1400 Fired just from Northwell. The problem now is ambulance transportation. Many fired too. Hours to wait for transportation.
No indication that this has any major impact on Northwell Health which employs 76,000, also no breakdown as to how many were nurses and whether they were full time or part time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island