Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 05:29 PM

7,267 posts, read 4,604,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Stupid for taking the vaccine? Yep. But may be more stupid when we lose our house due to me being unemployable. I have no choice. I am not about to lose our house so my children can live on the streets with me.
I had no choice either. My workplace didn't have a Brandon mandate and they made one up anyway.

They first said we would be allowed to test but they used that for us to declare our status. When they realized not many were not vaccinated they were brutal about it.

I got the J&J and 3 weeks after, I don't think I had any reaction.

But I am "O" blood type so I have less chance of clotting.

But I am sending out resumes.

I am a very talented and excellent employee. They don't deserve me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 06:30 PM

874 posts, read 732,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I had no choice either. My workplace didn't have a Brandon mandate and they made one up anyway.

They first said we would be allowed to test but they used that for us to declare our status. When they realized not many were not vaccinated they were brutal about it.

I got the J&J and 3 weeks after, I don't think I had any reaction.

But I am "O" blood type so I have less chance of clotting.

But I am sending out resumes.

I am a very talented and excellent employee. They don't deserve me.
You already Injected yourself for your company, and you can still get fired.

You injected yourself with a company that caused cancer in millions by putting asbestos in its baby powder

What's the name of this horrible place you work at that would force you to inject yourself !

We must all band together and leave bad reviews for this company!

Boycott them!

You could just drop dead any minute now from a stroke caused by their vaccine. And how would you prove it if your not alive

Old 10-12-2021, 07:42 PM

20,323 posts, read 21,119,346 times
This is so effed up. It really is.
I’m really about to go ape****.
This is absolutely disgusting what they are doing to people.
Remember this **** in 2022 & 2024.
If we’re still around.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:39 PM

855 posts, read 458,617 times
If I was in healthcare on LI and my employer mandated the vax with no exceptions, I would move to a state like TX and seek employment there.

There are always options if you some conviction about you. The weak give in.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:33 PM

The more that cave in and comply, the more control and power we give away. And the more they take.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:09 AM

5,112 posts, read 4,002,374 times
There should be a clear and high bar before we start the forced (via firings) vaccination of adult civilians (there’s a reason we don’t usually do that sort of thing in the (US):

The vaccine is super duper but the unvaccinated are a mortal danger to the vaccinated?

In clinical trials, the Pfizer’s vaccine’s efficacy v infection drops to 47% after five months. So the vaccinated routinely get infected and pass on the disease…but it is solely the unvaccinated - on the basis of possibly getting infected and passing on the virus - who will be fired?

Based on those two questions we can rule out science as a basis for forced vaxxes for adult civilians. There’s a reason it’s the Left that is all in for this sort of thing at this point. (And all in for masking and vaccination the little kiddies)

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 10-13-2021 at 04:49 AM..

Old 10-13-2021, 06:39 AM

3,307 posts, read 2,396,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
If I was in healthcare on LI and my employer mandated the vax with no exceptions, I would move to a state like TX and seek employment there.

There are always options if you some conviction about you. The weak give in.
No, there is not an easy option when you have a family. How about a spouse who refuses to leave NY. Her family is here. She had to fight long and hard to get our daughter special services that the l, was denying. The kids are in middle school and don’t want to move. See how easy is to make a decision? I would move in a moments notice. So, now my choice went from Vaccine or lose my job to no vaccine and get a divorce and abandon my family, whom I live and do not wish to live without.

Great option, huh? It’s like asking which of my kids do I give my only spare parachute to. Nice try but you obviously are single or live home with mom.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
You already Injected yourself for your company, and you can still get fired.

You injected yourself with a company that caused cancer in millions by putting asbestos in its baby powder

What's the name of this horrible place you work at that would force you to inject yourself !

We must all band together and leave bad reviews for this company!

Boycott them!

You could just drop dead any minute now from a stroke caused by their vaccine. And how would you prove it if your not alive
I don’t think anyone is boycotting any hospital, especially while most people are totally onboard. We cannot win this one. Good luck leaving your bad reviews. You will look like a fool for not getting the vaccine. No one will care,

Old 10-13-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The more that cave in and comply, the more control and power we give away. And the more they take.
And I am the last one to hold out. At first, I was in the company of 100 or more immediate coworkers who were definitely not getting it. Well, every one of them caved in one by one except me. Where did it get me? I am now a troublemaker and need to get the vaccine anyway, if we don’t stand together, we fall.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
And I am the last one to hold out. At first, I was in the company of 100 or more immediate coworkers who were definitely not getting it. Well, every one of them caved in one by one except me. Where did it get me? I am now a troublemaker and need to get the vaccine anyway, if we don’t stand together, we fall.
Just get the divorce and move. A wife and kids are over rated.
They’ll get over you being gone pretty quick. Wife will find a new man, kids will have a new dad, and you’ll be out having the time of your life!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island