Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 07:55 AM

874 posts, read 728,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I don’t think anyone is boycotting any hospital, especially while most people are totally onboard. We cannot win this one. Good luck leaving your bad reviews. You will look like a fool for not getting the vaccine. No one will care,

Look like a fool for not getting it?

It's the other way arond, most people took it "to keep their jobs"

And they are mad about taking it

Not only that, they will need to keep taking boosters for the rest of their lives

I'll just sit back, kick my feet up, and see how the long term effects everyone who takes it

But yeah have fun injecting yourself just to keep your job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 07:57 AM

855 posts, read 450,860 times
Quote:
No, there is not an easy option when you have a family. How about a spouse who refuses to leave NY. Her family is here. She had to fight long and hard to get our daughter special services that the l, was denying. The kids are in middle school and don’t want to move. See how easy is to make a decision? I would move in a moments notice. So, now my choice went from Vaccine or lose my job to no vaccine and get a divorce and abandon my family, whom I live and do not wish to live without.

Great option, huh? It’s like asking which of my kids do I give my only spare parachute to. Nice try but you obviously are single or live home with mom.
When my parents picked up and moved my family across the country at 10, 8 and 6 years old, they didn't ask our opinions on the matter.

You sound like you're not the head of the household.

And I did move my wife and kids across the country as well a few years ago.

Don't sit there being weak and blaming others for your situation when you don't have the motivation to change it. My wife would be willing to move again to avoid having poison forcibly injected into any of us.

Sounds like you're really poor at educating your wife. If my wife said you have to get the vaccine or I'm divorcing you, divorce it is.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:06 AM

855 posts, read 450,860 times
The idea most people are onboard with these vaccines stems from being brainwashed.

Most people I know haven't gotten it. I know a number of nurses who have willingly gotten fired instead of getting the jab because of the side effects they have witnessed in the hospitals.

And the most pro vax people I know who did rush to get the jab are not willing to get boosters. So they will be considered un vaxxed in the coming months.

And they aren't willing to get the boosters because they realize none of this is about their health and safety. What they were told isn't true. It wasn't life as normal after getting the jab. They can still get and transfer COVID after getting the jab. They signed up for the jab believing Fauci. They didn't sign up for a lifetime of repeat jabs.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:43 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,143,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
The idea most people are onboard with these vaccines stems from being brainwashed.

Most people I know haven't gotten it. I know a number of nurses who have willingly gotten fired instead of getting the jab because of the side effects they have witnessed in the hospitals.

And the most pro vax people I know who did rush to get the jab are not willing to get boosters. So they will be considered un vaxxed in the coming months.

And they aren't willing to get the boosters because they realize none of this is about their health and safety. What they were told isn't true. It wasn't life as normal after getting the jab. They can still get and transfer COVID after getting the jab. They signed up for the jab believing Fauci. They didn't sign up for a lifetime of repeat jabs.
My experience is mostly the opposite. The majority of people I know are vaccinated, most people who were at risk of being let go from their jobs got the jab, and most of the over 65 crowd are getting the booster.

Something to be aware of, anything you see in a hospital regarding COVID is not going to be the norm, that includes reactions to shots or ending up in the ICU because of the Rona.

Now about half of the people I know (anecdotal) who are vaccinated (I’m in this group) are not thrilled with getting a booster. Most of us are willing to give it one more go but that’s it. Most (anecdotal) are done with Fauci and even our idiot Governor who wants to exceed the CDC’s recommendations.

Old 10-13-2021, 11:04 AM

65 posts, read 39,071 times
Quote:

Sounds like you're really poor at educating your wife.

"Head of the household"? "Educating your wife"?

Wow, I feel like I suddenly time-traveled back to the 1950s again

Old 10-13-2021, 11:42 AM

874 posts, read 728,434 times
Quote:

whats this? You wont take your booster?

the CDC says your now considered UNvaccinated

so, you either get your booster or you get fired.

your choice....

and nobody cared when our heros were fired, nobody will care if you get fired...

Just a drop in the bucket, as some would say

Old 10-13-2021, 12:14 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,356,381 times
Quote:
When my parents picked up and moved my family across the country at 10, 8 and 6 years old, they didn't ask our opinions on the matter.

Don't sit there being weak and blaming others for your situation when you don't have the motivation to change it. My wife would be willing to move again to avoid having poison forcibly injected into any of us.

Sounds like you're really poor at educating your wife. If my wife said you have to get the vaccine or I'm divorcing you, divorce it is.
You’re such a big talker. I don’t let the kids dictate our decisions but my wife is set in living in Ny forever. Yeah, I’m gonna divorce ehr, lose half of my salary wherever I am, lose my kids and just move on. You sound like an idiot. I’m not the dictator of the house where I can just say, hey let’s pick up snd move to another state that we have never been to. Doesn’t work that way in any normal family. She has the same rights as I do. You sound like a real catch. Lol.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:15 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,356,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueworld View Post
"Head of the household"? "Educating your wife"?

Wow, I feel like I suddenly time-traveled back to the 1950s again
Exactly. He is the reason for women’s lib catching on. Maybe I should just pull her by the hair and drag her to some other state. Can’t believe I didn’t think about that.

Old 10-13-2021, 01:57 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,327,622 times
Quote:
Exactly. He is the reason for women’s lib catching on. Maybe I should just pull her by the hair and drag her to some other state. Can’t believe I didn’t think about that.
My wife is from out of state originally. We plan on retiring in our mid 50's we still have 15 years. It's not really on the radar. She would be content just staying here. Then I broke out the excel sheet on why going back to FLA from a financial standpoint. Showed her having a 200k boat and a 100k car plus other nonsensical items and how they are technically free because we wont have to pay state capital gains tax and can reduce property taxes by 12k a year and get the same house for 200-300k less. She changed her tune real freaking fast. She's now all in on going back to FL and even browses houses to see prices in the areas she wants to be in! You can convince the wife to move, gotta motivate her! Mines motivation was a boat and used Aston Martin. Big waste of $$ id rather buy her toys than pay these blood sucking leeches in Albany.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:11 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,411,051 times
Quote:

you sound like a real peach of a husband
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island