Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 02:19 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have no interest in cars and boats. We are not very materialistic. I like Florida and it’s Governor but I HATE hot weather. She loves it. We had long talks about it earlier this year. She even found a place called Epperson Lagoon around the Tampa area. I told her that I will retire in 7 years. I told her there is no way we can afford to continue living in this house without my income. The taxes are insane. As far as the school district (she is always saying that Ny has the best schools, and she was a teacher and these days does ABA and does autisyptic interventions through an agency), but I told her that if they mandate the vaccine for our two children,then we are going to have to pull them out of the district anyway.

I thought I was getting somewhere with her until we talked last week and she said there is no way she would ever leave. She loves it. She loves being near her family. She loves that Broadway shows and things are close by even though we never go. Plain and simple, she is t going. I can show her spreadsheets too. When I tell her that we will not be able to afford this house with 15 years left on the mortgage and she has no concern at all. She will simply get the money from her family. I sure as hell am not going to a state where I absolutely hate the heat and weather and lose my kids. So, we don’t all have valid choices without ruining our life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 02:20 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
This is exactly why I rushed to get J&J when I did a few months back. My instinct told me they would have supply chain issues later on.

My parents got mRNA with no major issues, but I prefer an older tech.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
My wife is from out of state originally. We plan on retiring in our mid 50's we still have 15 years. It's not really on the radar. She would be content just staying here. Then I broke out the excel sheet on why going back to FLA from a financial standpoint. Showed her having a 200k boat and a 100k car plus other nonsensical items and how they are technically free because we wont have to pay state capital gains tax and can reduce property taxes by 12k a year and get the same house for 200-300k less. She changed her tune real freaking fast. She's now all in on going back to FL and even browses houses to see prices in the areas she wants to be in! You can convince the wife to move, gotta motivate her! Mines motivation was a boat and used Aston Martin. Big waste of $$ id rather buy her toys than pay these blood sucking leeches in Albany.
Agreed but my wife has no problem forking all of our money over to these crooks, the same way she has no problem leaving every light and tv on in the house long after everyone leaves. She is completely unconcerned about saving money. She couldn’t care about boats, toys or jewels. She would rather spend it on taxes if it means staying close to her family and friends.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:34 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
My wife and I have no interest in cars and boats. We are not very materialistic. I like Florida and it’s Governor but I HATE hot weather. She loves it. We had long talks about it earlier this year. She even found a place called Epperson Lagoon around the Tampa area. I told her that I will retire in 7 years. I told her there is no way we can afford to continue living in this house without my income. The taxes are insane. As far as the school district (she is always saying that Ny has the best schools, and she was a teacher and these days does ABA and does autisyptic interventions through an agency), but I told her that if they mandate the vaccine for our two children,then we are going to have to pull them out of the district anyway.

I thought I was getting somewhere with her until we talked last week and she said there is no way she would ever leave. She loves it. She loves being near her family. She loves that Broadway shows and things are close by even though we never go. Plain and simple, she is t going. I can show her spreadsheets too. When I tell her that we will not be able to afford this house with 15 years left on the mortgage and she has no concern at all. She will simply get the money from her family. I sure as hell am not going to a state where I absolutely hate the heat and weather and lose my kids. So, we don’t all have valid choices without ruining our life.
Sometimes no convincing can be done! My wife’s from Florida she’s a ny teacher she did fine in Florida schools. Epperson is a area in Wesley chapel it’s a basically LI to Tampa, Pulte built most of it. They are know as one of the worst builders around, I would touch those houses. WC is very built up now with wire grass mall. 10 years ago there was nothing there besides some new subdivisions and a Toyota dealership.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:11 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Agreed but my wife has no problem forking all of our money over to these crooks, the same way she has no problem leaving every light and tv on in the house long after everyone leaves. She is completely unconcerned about saving money. She couldn’t care about boats, toys or jewels. She would rather spend it on taxes if it means staying close to her family and friends.
For what it's worth, I hear what you save in income tax in Florida you lose in property taxes and hurricane/flood insurance

Old 10-13-2021, 05:27 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Meh. Take my advice and get the divorce.
That way we can proclaim another side effect, that the vax mandate causes divorces too!!!

Old 10-13-2021, 05:34 PM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
And I am the last one to hold out. At first, I was in the company of 100 or more immediate coworkers who were definitely not getting it. Well, every one of them caved in one by one except me. Where did it get me? I am now a troublemaker and need to get the vaccine anyway, if we don’t stand together, we fall.
I was also considered a "troublemaker" but I believe I redeemed myself by getting it.

I said there was no point in getting it because we are all still at home and I live alone so... but once it was mandated I got it.

I work for the feds so I will never be fired.

It would have been foolish to lose that kind of a job for a shot that, I am sure will be ok.

I have faith in the viral vector technology.

I suspect strongly there is a conspiracy to have people not get it -- because it isn't going to do whatever it is that the MRNA will do.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:28 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
For what it's worth, I hear what you save in income tax in Florida you lose in property taxes and hurricane/flood insurance
2100 sq ft 1/4 mile to Gulf of Mexico. No beach just seawall and marina is $2400 a year all in w: flood ins. Property taxes are 50-75% less in fla. My house is $4600 a year 7k with taxes and insurance. You pay 7k for a a unlivable 2br on LI.

Maybe NY state wants you to believe that. There is no financial advantage of being in NY over FL unless your a public employee in NY.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I was also considered a "troublemaker" but I believe I redeemed myself by getting it.

I said there was no point in getting it because we are all still at home and I live alone so... but once it was mandated I got it.

I work for the feds so I will never be fired.

It would have been foolish to lose that kind of a job for a shot that, I am sure will be ok.

I have faith in the viral vector technology.

I suspect strongly there is a conspiracy to have people not get it -- because it isn't going to do whatever it is that the MRNA will do.
I am permanently appointed to so I would never get a job like this again. I took the J&J because I believe it doesn’t use MRNA. We will see what happens.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:53 AM

323 posts, read 198,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The more that cave in and comply, the more control and power we give away. And the more they take.

Yup 100%. My husband works with 14 other people and every single one of them were opposed to taking the vaccine. For weeks they all said "Hell no, I am not taking that poison". Well every single one of them except for my husband and another guy were the only ones who refused to give in and everyone else bent a knee.

One guy came in to work 10 days after getting the vaccine b$#^&@#g about the side effects and looking pale as a ghost and looked like he was knocking on heaven's door. He was so sick from it he could barely stand and all his joints were on fire and tingling and he was in excruciating pain. My husband told him not to whine about it to him and to keep his mouth shut because he gave in and took it against his own wishes. This same guy was acting like a Mr. Tough guy prior to this and spouting off at the mouth bragging that nobody was going to force him to take the vaxx. My husband filed for a religious exemption, but I highly doubt he will get approved.

However, I gave my husband my blessing if he loses his job. He is a cancer survivor and worked really hard to get his immune system back to normal by adopting a healthy lifestyle, taking supplements and eating healthy. His immune system according to his doctor is super now. He is not messing around by taking something like this vaxx that could destroy or alter his immune system. I'd rather us go homeless and lose our house than have him take this risk of taking a vaxx that has no long term studies. Who knows what kinds of long term effects this vaccine will have?

My best friend, a NYC school teacher swore up and down she was going to fight tooth and nail and was not going to take it. Well guess who bent a knee? After taking the J&J she ended up getting paralyzed on the right side of her body and they cannot figure out why a healthy person such as she, suddenly got paralyzed right after taking it. One idiot Dr. said it was probably caused by stress and has not bothered nor is willing to report it to Vaers. WTF?! She has been hospitalized for two weeks and the so-called experts cannot figure out how this happened.

4 of my other relatives who were nurses with great careers, sold their houses, quit the hospitals they were working at, packed up all their worldly possessions and moved down to Florida where they ended up getting good jobs in a hospital over there. Governor DeSantis is not mandating the vaxx, so good for them.

While I understand a lot of people cannot just give up their jobs because they could lose their house, this is absolutely disgusting that they are forcing people to do this to keep a job. If people that work at these places got the vaxx, why worry about being around the unvaxxed? They are protected right? Don't they trust the science? /Sarcasm. I feel everyone should be free to decide whether or not they want to take it. Trust me, I am not an anti-vaxxer and we all have taken vaxxes before, including my children. The difference is those vaccines we all took were studied for 10-20 years first before being rolled out. I used to trust the government and the medical community. I no longer do anymore as all this is about the money and profits in my opinion and a lot of crooked politicians are getting their pockets greased by Big Pharma.

Last edited by dk1111; 10-14-2021 at 04:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island