Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 10:52 AM

3,305 posts, read 2,389,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
If someone is willing to have a corrupt and communist government inject them against their will, they are to blame for the following adverse side effects.

And there are serious side effects with this vax. If people were capable of doing the most basic of research, they would see that.

We're beginning to see the answer to the question of, would you have complied with the Nazi regime if you were alive back then.

So, we can choose to not compromise our health and be homeless, because those who leave their job and don’t get one soon enough will be foreclosed on, and then live on the street because no one will rent to the guy with no job

OR

Take the shot, hope for the best and be able to oive the stable life they are currently living. Once again, I am the last in my entire building to hold out. It just labels me as the troublemaker and non compliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 11:01 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,534,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
So, we can choose to not compromise our health and be homeless, because those who leave their job and don’t get one soon enough will be foreclosed on, and then live on the street because no one will rent to the guy with no job

OR

Take the shot, hope for the best and be able to oive the stable life they are currently living. Once again, I am the last in my entire building to hold out. It just labels me as the troublemaker and non compliant.
There are other options, in order of your tolerance:

1) Religious exemption - a judge just halted the state from blocking those
2) Stall as long as possible and make them fire you, then sue them - this works best if you have others at your job in the same position
3) Move to a free state
4) Lie and/or print up your own vax card and/or acquire one

Old 10-14-2021, 11:51 AM

3,305 posts, read 2,389,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
There are other options, in order of your tolerance:

1) Religious exemption - a judge just halted the state from blocking those
2) Stall as long as possible and make them fire you, then sue them - this works best if you have others at your job in the same position
3) Move to a free state
4) Lie and/or print up your own vax card and/or acquire one
1). I called my union yesterday on the way to get the vaccine. They told me they are denying most if not all religious exemptions. Only exceptions are if one is in an office and has no exposure to anyone. That wouldn’t be me. They had me call the discrimination dept which I did. They told me to email them asking to see if it was too late for the exemption. I was hanging by their answer as I was driving past the vaccine building. Well, it’s a day later and there is no response. There won’t be one anytime soon. They will stall you until they suddenly terminate you and then I would lose everything I built up for 13 years. Plus, the Governor is fighting tooth and nail an will get rid of the,exemptions. You’ll see.

2). Can’t stall. It’s a race against time. If I got terminated, I lose my 110 sick days that would have been used toward my health plan for the rest of my life when I retired.. So, sick days, healthcare, dental and vision are gone instantly. And, instead of paying $350/mo for a good family health policy, I would need to buy on my own for over $2000/ mo II would lose my 35 personal days too. I would only walk away with a pension based on 26% of my salary. Cannot live on that how would I sue and be able to pay a high priced attorney with no job? And you think I’m going to win against NY State? They have far more money to fight than I do, so I would be out of a job and all my savings with absolutely no results, as I said, I am the absolute last holdout. All of the ones refusing to get the shot all fell, one by one. I have no pull as a single person.

3) Wife will not move no matter what. I am not giving up my children during their young years when they need me. Then what? I move to a state with no job, lose half my salary when I do get one for child support for abandoning my family, get the privilege of living in someone’s disgusting basement, worry about who my wife dates or marries because he will help raise my children. Oh, and what do I do when the free state is forced to get the vaccine? It will happen.

4). I work for NY State. My employer has access or the main database of the vaccinated.

I am sure you will say I am full of excuses but every one of them are valid. There are no choices if I wish to continue to support my family and live with them. And you wouldn’t do anything different than its very easy to give advice to someone who isn’t yourself, isn’t it? See how easy it would be to do any of your suggestions? If I was heartless and cold and had no feelings for anyone, I would do all or most of your choices. But I’m a normal person, so they cannot even be entertained.

Old 10-14-2021, 12:18 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,534,626 times
If injecting yourself with an experimental and mostly useless vaccine with a questionable side effect profile isn't your line in the sand, then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck with having no sovereignty over your own body, and better luck next time when they want to inject your kids.

Old 10-14-2021, 12:32 PM

5,098 posts, read 3,993,688 times
Quote:
If injecting yourself with an experimental and mostly useless vaccine with a questionable side effect profile isn't your line in the sand, then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck with having no sovereignty over your own body, and better luck next time when they want to inject your kids.
Soon it’ll be the flu vaccine mandate. And objections to that vax mandate will be similarly streng verboten .

Old 10-14-2021, 12:34 PM

7,256 posts, read 4,592,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I am sure you will say I am full of excuses but every one of them are valid. There are no choices if I wish to continue to support my family and live with them. And you wouldn’t do anything different than its very easy to give advice to someone who isn’t yourself, isn’t it? See how easy it would be to do any of your suggestions? If I was heartless and cold and had no feelings for anyone, I would do all or most of your choices. But I’m a normal person, so they cannot even be entertained.
Completely agree with you.

You have to know when to hold them and know when to fold them.

I am not going to win this battle.

Anyone who thinks Judges are going to uphold people's rights... I can tell you -- they aren't going to.

If people feel so strongly about it they should go protest every day and night for my rights. Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 10-14-2021, 02:13 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,921,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
2100 sq ft 1/4 mile to Gulf of Mexico. No beach just seawall and marina is $2400 a year all in w: flood ins. Property taxes are 50-75% less in fla. My house is $4600 a year 7k with taxes and insurance. You pay 7k for a a unlivable 2br on LI.

Maybe NY state wants you to believe that. There is no financial advantage of being in NY over FL unless your a public employee in NY.
$7k for a home annually, including taxes, HOA, insurance and excluding the mortgage?

What's the catch

Old 10-14-2021, 02:16 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,921,245 times
Quote:
There's a lot people will do for a pension. Getting a vaccine 3B people have received is probably the least risky thing you could do at this point in time

Old 10-14-2021, 02:40 PM

874 posts, read 732,068 times
Quote:

People are doing it just because they don't want. To get fired...

Not because they want to

People should let that sink in.

The vaccine passport systetm is NOT going away, natural immunity is not an excuse for vaccine refusal, and the vaccine "wears off" after 6 months.

34,00 heros were fired ...and nobody really cares

Nobody will care when YOU get fired for refusing the booster

Old 10-14-2021, 04:57 PM

8,009 posts, read 9,220,467 times
When you live off the govt teat, you gotta play by their rules.
Compromise is something we all must do atbtimes for the good of our family whether it be related to vaccines or something else.
Next time dont play keyboard warrior protestor because it makes you look foolish when you cave.
Some decisions are best not made on social media.

Last edited by NSHL10; 10-14-2021 at 06:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island