Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 03:44 PM

874 posts, read 729,739 times

Advertisements

They are going to change the definition of fully vaccinated.

Meaning, if you don't have a booster, your not considered fully vaccinated, meaning your Unvaccinated like me

Will this be peoples red line? Will you quit if your boss demands you get a booster or lose your job?

https://thehill.com/changing-america...ould-change-in

Last edited by broke&30; 10-23-2021 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 05:36 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,153,737 times
If you got the shot you’ll likely get the booster. But at a certain point key people may spin off on their own and business will need to make do with less people.

Old 10-23-2021, 06:15 PM

282 posts, read 248,760 times
There are a good many that felt quite ill after the second Moderna dose. Some just may opt out of getting a booster. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old 10-23-2021, 06:17 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,537,574 times
Tired of being a guinea pig! So much for the “14 day curve”. I quarantined when I was “exposed”, first shot, second shot to YOUR FIRED! Enough already! So much for “Follow the science”. Like that’s really working!

I’m done!

Old 10-23-2021, 06:31 PM

20,102 posts, read 20,910,392 times
If they officially pimp and push boosters, then people will get boosters. It’s that simple.
God forbid they get lumped in with those evil selfish murdering unvaxxed devils.
The holdouts would probably be those that had bad side effects. And that’s a maybe.
They’ll most likely go for a different brand next time around hoping for different results.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:03 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,336,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
If you got the shot you’ll likely get the booster. But at a certain point key people may spin off on their own and business will need to make do with less people.
I’m vaxxed. I’m not getting a booster. This is going it become a seasonal thing like the flu. I’ve never had a flu shot. I’m done with the covid shots.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:10 PM

1,476 posts, read 766,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I’m vaxxed. I’m not getting a booster. This is going it become a seasonal thing like the flu. I’ve never had a flu shot. I’m done with the covid shots.
Most people I know that got the 2 shots feel this way to. I feel like they are underestimating the people
Who will get boosters. Between the anti vax and the anti booster these mandates are going to get interesting.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:21 PM

20,102 posts, read 20,910,392 times
I think people are finally starting to wake up and see thru the bull****. I’m not antivax by any means, if you want it, go for it. More power to ya. But this is just sick what’s going on now. Forcing people to do something they don’t want to do via fear mongering, loss of livelihood, and other draconian tactics. Our government intentionally villainizing people and turning us against each other. It’s disgusting. I’d say they should be ashamed of themselves but these scumbag pieces of garbage have no shame.

Old 10-24-2021, 03:55 AM

1,277 posts, read 569,468 times
Most policies I've seen specify the required vaccination series, not just "fully vaccinated." The booster is following the same distribution pattern as the initial doses (ie. The most at-risk for exposure or complications going first), so it should be awhile before the booster becomes a requirement anywhere.

This is also likely where we see the annual similarity to the flu vaccine. Complete eradication of a viral disease is tough. A more realistic goal, which had been stated at some point, is to bring this disease to endemic levels and attack it like we do the flu with annual boosters and methods of limiting direct exposure.

Old 10-24-2021, 04:23 AM

5,071 posts, read 3,969,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
Most policies I've seen specify the required vaccination series, not just "fully vaccinated." The booster is following the same distribution pattern as the initial doses (ie. The most at-risk for exposure or complications going first), so it should be awhile before the booster becomes a requirement anywhere.

This is also likely where we see the annual similarity to the flu vaccine. Complete eradication of a viral disease is tough. A more realistic goal, which had been stated at some point, is to bring this disease to endemic levels and attack it like we do the flu with annual boosters and methods of limiting direct exposure.
The peculiar crew that has been blindly screaming ‘it’s not the flu’ may have difficulty swallowing the obvious point that we now need to treat it like the flu. Annual optional ‘covid shots’, drug therapy if/when indicated, and life goes on. Like the flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island