Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 01:31 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,801,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
The village idiot is back...
Lol yes he is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 02:25 PM

22,728 posts, read 36,950,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
So now we need to treat our homes like the subway, mall parking lot, or a dark alley?
This happened in Wantagh, so let's get real, these two probably stuck out like a sore thumb if you're paying even a slight amount of attention to your surroundings. If there are more blanco places than the south shore of LI, there are not many.

Old 05-09-2022, 09:58 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,801,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
This happened at her home? You need to be aware of your surroundings at all times nowadays sad to say. And yeah, Nassau has been Queens East for some time now.
No it was in a parking lot of a condo complex. Ironically enough the victim wasn’t even from LI, she lives in the city.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:40 PM

44 posts, read 49,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
No it was in a parking lot of a condo complex. Ironically enough the victim wasn’t even from LI, she lives in the city.
Very ironic, this whole story and thread seem completely backwards and upside down.

So a woman from the city decided to drive her mercedes to visit someone in a condo in Long Island only to be car jacked and have her car dumped in Patchogue?

This story sounds like a bad Madlib my kids would come up with.

The two criminals are probably from Long Island as no one from NYC would know where Patchogue is let alone know how to spell it or get to it.

Meanwhile people are complaining that Nassau has been Queens East for some time now. Seems more like the people from Queens need to think twice about visiting Long Island as it's become quite crime ridden.

Another note, why are people choosing to complain about the lack of ICE in jails when the two alleged perps are described as Black men? Where are we going to deport them to?

As someone also pointed out, ghettos imply an area where poor people live, car jacking implies an area where they are more well off to own cars that are desirable to thieves.

Old 05-10-2022, 01:51 AM

801 posts, read 504,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
This happened at her home? You need to be aware of your surroundings at all times nowadays sad to say. And yeah, Nassau has been Queens East for some time now.
As a life long Queens native in the "nicest" part of Queens, the Bayside/Douglaston area, you're right. We're also seeing crimes like carjacking and random homeboys rolling up on nice streets and robbing people in front of their million dollar homes at gunpoint.

But it's not that the crime is "spreading," it's more about it being allowed to happen by tepid police and uber white left wing liberals being afraid to call it out and also profile black/hispanic males as they come onto streets surely they have no reason being on. Over the last few years, I must have had a dozen black/hispanic thugs locked up for various reasons strolling around my area scoping out houses, cars and people to rob. One recent homie thought he could just sit across the street, unnoticed, and that nobody would say a thing. Homie turned out had a gun in his car when the cops showed up to check on the "suspicious person."

DON'T BE AFRAID, LONG ISLANDERS. CALL THE DAMN COPS IF YOU SEE SUSPICIOUS BLACK OR HISPANIC MALES IN YOUR HOOD THAT DON'T BELONG THERE OTHERWISE, especially after dark.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:05 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,777,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
As a life long Queens native in the "nicest" part of Queens, the Bayside/Douglaston area, you're right. We're also seeing crimes like carjacking and random homeboys rolling up on nice streets and robbing people in front of their million dollar homes at gunpoint.

But it's not that the crime is "spreading," it's more about it being allowed to happen by tepid police and uber white left wing liberals being afraid to call it out and also profile black/hispanic males as they come onto streets surely they have no reason being on. Over the last few years, I must have had a dozen black/hispanic thugs locked up for various reasons strolling around my area scoping out houses, cars and people to rob. One recent homie thought he could just sit across the street, unnoticed, and that nobody would say a thing. Homie turned out had a gun in his car when the cops showed up to check on the "suspicious person."

DON'T BE AFRAID, LONG ISLANDERS. CALL THE DAMN COPS IF YOU SEE SUSPICIOUS BLACK OR HISPANIC MALES IN YOUR HOOD THAT DON'T BELONG THERE OTHERWISE, especially after dark.
I say we bring back "stop and frisk" and Jim Crow as well. Make sure undesirables can't enter "our" nice neighborhoods.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:48 AM

5,097 posts, read 3,991,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I say we bring back "stop and frisk" and Jim Crow as well. Make sure undesirables can't enter "our" nice neighborhoods.
I think a form of ‘stop and frisk’ is returning to NYC under the current mayor (given the violent crime wave) but no sign of Jim Crow. In NYC or otherwise.

The victim of the violent gunpoint robbery in Wantagh has undoubtedly been scarred for life. My sympathy is with her in this case.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:57 AM

6,558 posts, read 3,235,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
Car jackings are a sign of a society is serious decline And how on god's green earth in today's day and age can someone get away with this? Seems like cameras only work when they give you a red light ticket
I understand what you're saying, but I think it's more of a point that the cameras will work if you have DAs that are willing to follow the law, and prosecute the guilty.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:20 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,515 times
Guess no one remembers the heroin bust in Wantagh a few years back. A random armed crime that is mega-% below the crime rate doesn't make it a ghetto, even though wing nut who draws me back out like a moth to a retarded flame gets clicks with it. I'd worry about the rampant catalytic converter and other property thefts they are keeping quiet. Those are the real sign of decline. Well, that and reelecting the same imbeciles who bankrupted you 10 years before, lost the Islanders and saddled you with a $400m albatross arena revamp and call it smart...(keep 'p'ning dem libs'...lol). When they get out of jail, you'll still be paying their pension which is probably higher than your LI salary (definitely after taxes, lol). You'd prob vote for them again if they told you their Dem opponent eats babies. This place is a joke on a stick.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:04 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,777,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
I think a form of ‘stop and frisk’ is returning to NYC under the current mayor (given the violent crime wave) but no sign of Jim Crow. In NYC or otherwise.

The victim of the violent gunpoint robbery in Wantagh has undoubtedly been scarred for life. My sympathy is with her in this case.
As long as they stop and frisk you first I'm ok with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island