Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 01:27 PM

577 posts, read 979,870 times

Advertisements

Thank you Gov Hochul for the $211.38 real estate refund check. I did think that my 22K + property tax was $200 too much! This will certainly help feed my family for a few days & get a few gallons of gas. I appreciate it so much that I will now change my mind and vote for you this November if you survive your party's primary.

Lets Go Brandon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 06:08 AM

3,526 posts, read 5,708,301 times
You mean bribe....

Old 06-14-2022, 08:02 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,238,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post
Thank you Gov Hochul for the $211.38 real estate refund check. I did think that my 22K + property tax was $200 too much! This will certainly help feed my family for a few days & get a few gallons of gas. I appreciate it so much that I will now change my mind and vote for you this November if you survive your party's primary.

Lets Go Brandon!
she lost my vote . like you, I'm just getting enough for a decent dinner for two . No idea why this should be income related and based on 2020 income since many folks retired in 2021 due to covid, and saw their income drop.

Old 06-14-2022, 10:29 AM

412 posts, read 289,960 times
Quote:

Lets Go Brandon!
Any adult who says something like Let's Go Brandon is low class trash, I'm sorry. I'm sure you could articulate your opinions a little better than that.

You want a governor to bail you out from your poor choices? If you can't afford 22k in taxes you made poor decisions in selecting your home. If this bump in gas prices is really hurting you, then you need to frankly grow a pair, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and do better. Life is full of challenges and things that don't seem fair. Prices are up all over the world. It's not bad here at all relatively speaking. If you can't cut it you need to try harder or maybe come to terms with the fact that you can't quite cut it compared to others.

Dude has a house with 22k taxes and he's complaining about gas being a few bucks higher. Gimme a break! What a softie.

Old 06-14-2022, 10:39 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
Quote:

Lets Go Brandon!
That's all you got? and it was a bribe. She wants you to vote for her. I know I won't

Old 06-14-2022, 10:56 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
That's all you got? and it was a bribe. She wants you to vote for her. I know I won't
It depends on income between like 215k-250k it’s only like 200 bucks over 250 it’s zero. Lower income it’s thousands

Old 06-14-2022, 11:37 AM

544 posts, read 940,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
Any adult who says something like Let's Go Brandon is low class trash, I'm sorry. I'm sure you could articulate your opinions a little better than that.

You want a governor to bail you out from your poor choices? If you can't afford 22k in taxes you made poor decisions in selecting your home. If this bump in gas prices is really hurting you, then you need to frankly grow a pair, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and do better. Life is full of challenges and things that don't seem fair. Prices are up all over the world. It's not bad here at all relatively speaking. If you can't cut it you need to try harder or maybe come to terms with the fact that you can't quite cut it compared to others.

Dude has a house with 22k taxes and he's complaining about gas being a few bucks higher. Gimme a break! What a softie.
My taxes started at $2,300 when I bought 26 years ago. I added a small extension (400 sq ft) 12 years ago and a detached garage 23 years ago. I'm approaching $12K which is still considered modest on LI.

The person paying the $22K (YIKES!) may be retired or approaching retirement like me. I didn't have a crystal ball when I bought my home and sure as heck couldn't predict the current stock market downturn. My SEP is taking a beating and as a self-employed person, that is what I have to count on in retirement. Perhaps $22K guy is in the same position as I am. This isn't a matter of poor choices as much as it is being subject to out of control spending and a volatile market.

Old 06-14-2022, 01:19 PM

412 posts, read 289,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
My taxes started at $2,300 when I bought 26 years ago. I added a small extension (400 sq ft) 12 years ago and a detached garage 23 years ago. I'm approaching $12K which is still considered modest on LI.

The person paying the $22K (YIKES!) may be retired or approaching retirement like me. I didn't have a crystal ball when I bought my home and sure as heck couldn't predict the current stock market downturn. My SEP is taking a beating and as a self-employed person, that is what I have to count on in retirement. Perhaps $22K guy is in the same position as I am. This isn't a matter of poor choices as much as it is being subject to out of control spending and a volatile market.
The home taxes didn't go to 22k overnight. Going back a few years it must have been 21k, 19.5k, 19k 18k, 17k, etc. If the gas prices are killing that guy to the point he needs to whine about it on a forum, he is likely living paycheck to paycheck. If so he shoulda been out of that house a while ago. People need to adapt. Move. Re-educate/train. Work harder. Invest better. Spend less. Choose one or many from that list.

On the other hand, he is scoffing at a $200 relief check as being a pittance...but also complaining about gas being up a few bucks. Hard to tell if the guy has money or not.

Most of those taxes are from local schools and local Police Dept - not really caused by the NYS gov.

Old 06-14-2022, 01:32 PM

544 posts, read 940,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
The home taxes didn't go to 22k overnight. Going back a few years it must have been 21k, 19.5k, 19k 18k, 17k, etc. If the gas prices are killing that guy to the point he needs to whine about it on a forum, he is likely living paycheck to paycheck. If so he shoulda been out of that house a while ago. People need to adapt. Move. Re-educate/train. Work harder. Invest better. Spend less. Choose one or many from that list.

On the other hand, he is scoffing at a $200 relief check as being a pittance...but also complaining about gas being up a few bucks. Hard to tell if the guy has money or not.

Most of those taxes are from local schools and local Police Dept - not really caused by the NYS gov.
It would be helpful to know where the individual is located as well. If it was a school district which once enjoyed LIPA in its tax base, there was potential for a jump.

We need more facts for as you've indicated it is hard to tell whether this guy has money or not.

Old 06-14-2022, 02:13 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times
Quote:

Lets Go Brandon!
How about we cut the crap and give no one any money? It’s our money and we are paying for it through our taxes. I have no interest in saving the world with their money problems because it simply can never be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island