Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 08:14 AM

874 posts, read 728,367 times

Advertisements

Looks like some siko wanted to harm the children on their last days of School. These are things you see in a community that is spiraling downwards. The bbs bullets are there so when it exploded it turns into shrapnel and can mame your kids for life. How much are school taxes in Merrick these days? As billy Joel's once said, "is that what you get for your money"? https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/nass...school/836128/ Several explosive-making devices were discovered just outside a New York elementary school. Officers on Long Island responded to a call for a suspicious item in the rear parking lot of Levy Lakeside School in Merrick, located on Babylon Road at around 9:30 a.m. Friday, June 24, multiple bottles containing explosive-making materials, one of which contained BBs, said police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 08:50 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,500 times
Can't say anything. Because we would be labeled "RACIST" worked in the area for years.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:32 PM

93,236 posts, read 123,842,121 times
^What did that have to do with the article posted?

Old 06-27-2022, 11:15 AM

193 posts, read 271,113 times
Sounds like some kids got a hold of the Anarchists Cookbook (or this generation's equivalent). Had kids at my school making all kinds of explosive devices in the 90s. Not saying it's not serious or dangerous, but this is/was most likely the work of bored upper-middle-class white kids.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:12 AM

852 posts, read 1,442,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post
Sounds like some kids got a hold of the Anarchists Cookbook (or this generation's equivalent). Had kids at my school making all kinds of explosive devices in the 90s. Not saying it's not serious or dangerous, but this is/was most likely the work of bored upper-middle-class white kids.
Kids ruin EVERYTHING!!!

Old 07-03-2022, 04:36 AM

63 posts, read 39,559 times
Doesnt seem very suspicious to me however i suppose in the post 9-11 world we have to be better safe than sorry
Honestly sounds like someone was attempting to make botched makeshift fireworks
The suspicious part about it is the timing and current events given the supreme court protests and whatnot

Old 07-03-2022, 07:12 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,482 times
Back in my day, schools constantly had bomb threats and kids pulling the fire alarm etc…
Endless mischief. But we also didn’t have shootings and stuff either. That’s a relatively new phenomenon. We also said a lot of stuff to each other back then that today we would probably get life in prison. Like “dude touch my pencil again I’m gonna kill you”. You get expelled for stuff like that now(true story). Or calling something “gay” or calling one of your friends a “retard” when they did something stupid. All that stuff is 2nd to murder these days.
Not saying it was ever appropriate, but it was just kids being kids. Trust me, with all the PC and kindness nonsense pushed today, these kids are evil. Growing up in the land of degenerates and derelicts I don’t recall suicides or murders or anything like that. I went to school with some hardcore professional drug addicts and we didn’t have anyone OD.
My kid at one point was going to a few funerals a month for kids OD’ing.
I don’t know. Different times I guess. Just doesn’t make sense to me but whatever.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:50 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,406,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Can't say anything. Because we would be labeled "RACIST" worked in the area for years.
Racist? Most bomb makers are white.

Old 07-03-2022, 08:02 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Racist? Most bomb makers are white.
Hey! now THAT’S racist!

Old 07-03-2022, 08:53 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,406,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Hey! now THAT’S racist!
How is it racist, when its facts? Godforbid we offend anyone these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island