Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2022, 02:42 PM

93,882 posts, read 124,609,502 times

Advertisements

"Three Long Island hospitals are among the nation’s top-performing medical centers, while three others ranked at the bottom, the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services reported.

The federal agency last week gave its highest rating, five stars, to Northwell Health’s Huntington Hospital, Catholic Health’s St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center in Roslyn and NYU Langone Health’s hospitals, including NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island in Mineola. Across the nation, 13.9% of the nearly 3,100 hospitals rated by the agency, known as CMS, received the top rating.

The agency gave four stars to seven other local hospitals: Northwell’s Glen Cove Hospital, John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson, North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset and Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead; Catholic Health’s St. Catherine Of Siena Hospital in Smithtown and St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson; and Stony Brook University Hospital.

The agency’s ratings system is an “exhaustive” measure that “really covers all aspects of care,” said Dr. Peter Silver, senior vice president and chief quality officer at Northwell Health. Northwell hospitals’ strong showing, he said, “indicates that we're doing well in so many components of these metrics.”

Catholic Health’s chief medical officer, Dr. Jason Golbin, said its system aims to provide “truly exemplary” care. “No one wants to be in the hospital, but we want to make that visit as positive as it can be,” he said."

More here: https://www.newsday.com/business/med...8&utm_term=sub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 06:14 PM

721 posts, read 624,612 times
If Brookhaven or Southside got on the list then you know it had to be rigged

Old 08-08-2022, 08:41 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,549,702 times
NYU Langone is the only system I trust.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:53 AM

11,660 posts, read 12,751,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
NYU Langone is the only system I trust.
Ugh, I had a bad experience at Winthrop. I would not go back.

And one of the NYU doctors that I used for an unrelated issue was a condescending twit. I hate NYU.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:59 PM

20,986 posts, read 28,518,514 times
Well in the town of Islip I'd pick southside over Good Sam any day. Catholic health services suck! My MIL almost died because of them and that horrible nursing /rehab she had to go to Our Lady of Consolation. I wouldn't send anyone there. She had an undetected pulmonary embolism. Thankfully upon my husbands insistence they sent her back to Good Sam to see why she was getting sicker and they has to have it addressed after they figured out what was going on with her.. She was actually in there originally for a different issue, had to go to rehab but at Consolation they don't push the patients to do any physical therapy or encourage them to get up and walk so she ended up with a major blood clot and now has to be on blood thinners for rest of her life.

Old 08-13-2022, 12:03 PM

11,660 posts, read 12,751,726 times
With the exception of the SIRIUS station broadcasted from NYU Manhattan, I really hate NYU. They make all communication go through their very lame app. As someone who made websites, their UX is terrible, including the color schemes which are not conducive for the visually impaired. They should know better. Second, rudest, stupidest reception any place. They make you check in via their stupid portal in the office which requires a handprint or signing in. If your hands are wrapped up in something because of an injury, you can't use their hand imprint and if you are elderly and tech challenged, the alternate check in process via birthdate is confusing. If you try to get a receptionist's attention, you can be standing there forever or they just tell you to use their portal in the office. No one else has such a stupid system. The NYU system and their doctors all sux. Don't get me started on their rude, incompetent infusion center or the systems they use when you are finished with the doctor's visit and have to check out. Contacting the doctor via phone is near impossible and if you can get through, the doctors never ever return phone calls. They insist that everything is done through the message component and their stupid app, which has a limit on characters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island