Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 12:41 AM

3 posts, read 1,770 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Im looking for recommendations for a tree removal company with insurance for Nassau county. I’ve seen past posts but they are from multiple years ago.
Also, I would like to know what the price estimates are these days. I know a lot of goods and services increased in price post covid, think arborist as well?

Looking to have a huge maple tree removed and maybe some vines, 1-2 shrubs/bushes removed depending on the price. But, mainly focused on removing the tree. And maybe grinding the root.

I have a large maple tree in my backyard and the roots are/have been causing damage to my garage. The small concrete sidewalk on the exterior of the garage has already lifted and is loopy. I love the shade the tree gives but its huge for a pretty small backyard and maybe its due to the constant shade by the tree but it causes a lot of mildew and moss on the garage roof and exterior. Also feels like the backyard grass and soil is always slightly damp causing a lot of bugs and mosquitos.

Is there a particular reason people choose to pay to grind down the stump. A colleague told me that the stump removal/grinding will cause a dramatic increase in price. Is it worth it?? Are there any pros and cons to grinding or leaving the stump? Ive checked online but I would like the know the thoughts of fellow Long Islanders.

Has anyone noticed/dealing with click beetles(dark brown/black/reddish brown flying beetles that are active during the night time and look like a firefly without the glow and attracted to lights ) this year around earlier summer/spring, and here and there now occasionally (end of summer). I have a couple of friends who live kinda around me and someone them also mentioned something about black beetles entering their home at night.
I have no idea how they’re getting inside. Is it possible for them to go up the siding or the siding under the front door and enter through there? Because oddly the trim to my interior front door creaks more often and once after a loud creak, I saw a click beetle on top of the trim. Not sure, I probably sound crazy but so sick of these damn click beetles. I would get multiple click beetles entering my home every night that I was going crazy, I covered all my windows with blackout curtains, installed door draft blockers, sprinkled bug lawn care, and sprayed barrier spray multiple times and it seemed to have helped a bit but really dont want to deal with them again next spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 10:02 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,547,609 times
I've had multiple good experiences with Freeport Tree services.

I had a large dying beech tree removed with stump grind for a shockingly low price. It was like almost 3x as cheap as when I had them removed a much smaller tree a few years back (and no stump grind). I was expecting to pay a lot more, but I guess they have plenty of labor these days thanks to Uncle Joe's open borders.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:53 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,188,358 times
If you're looking for an arborist, check out Davey Tree Expert Company; ask for Laura Blanco 516.671.6466 x7711. They're located in Hicksville but service all of Long Island.

Old 09-26-2022, 12:47 PM

450 posts, read 388,665 times
Keep us posted with the prices. Sounds like over $5k worth of job.
Click beetles get in to my home too, I have no idea how, but most likely gaps in the siding, click beetles and ground beetles. Almost always alerted by my cat that there is a beetle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island