Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:26 PM

94 posts, read 294,537 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate to Sayville or Oakdale. I loved the village of Sayville, but the houses are very small. I am looking for some feedback on what you think of the 2 areas. Also, seen some houses in West Sayville and West Oakdale, but was told to stay away, is that the general consensus? WE have 2 small girls and want a family community, good schools, the works. We are practicing Catholics and want to be around churches. Don't mind other religions, just want to make sure ours is avail to us. I also saw Sayville schools and Connetquot schools, whats the feedback on those? CAn't wait to hear from you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 06:52 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,767 times
I don't think all homes in Sayville are small. Sayville is a beautiful town. I lived in Oakdale for 10 years & loved it. My son graduated from Connetquot in 2005, we had a very good experience with the district. There is a catholic church in Sayville, but not in Oakdale-there is one in Bohemia.
I'm not even sure what you mean by "west Oakdale", the most western part of Oakdale runs along the river mostly South of Montauk Hwy & its beautiful there.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 PM

Default Adding BAyport to the list of relocation areas

Thanks for responding. I have also been researching Bayport. Do you know anything about that area or the schools? They say some of them are Blue Point schools??

Old 05-29-2008, 09:22 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Sayville

For those who may not be familiar with Sayville:

Sayville is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the southeast part of the Town of Islip, in the south-central part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Sayville in the Town of Islip is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Bohemia and the Hamlet of Holbrook; on the east by the Hamlet of Bayport; on the south by the Great South Bay; and, on the west by the Hamlet of West Sayville, the Hamlet of Oakdale and the Hamlet Bohemia.

The Hamlet of Sayville has a different border than does the "Sayville, NY 11782" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Sayville, NY 11782" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Sayville): places that have a "Sayville, NY 11782" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Sayville are in the Hamlet of West Sayville.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 PM

Default For those who may not be familiar with Oakdale

For those who may not be familiar with Oakdale:

Oakdale is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the southeast part of the Town of Islip, in the southwest part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Oakdale in the Town of Islip is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Bohemia; on the east by the Hamlet of West Sayville; on the south by the Great South Bay; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Great River.

The Hamlet of Oakdale has a different border than does the "Oakdale, NY 11769" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have an "Oakdale, NY 11769" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Oakdale): places that have a "Oakdale, NY 11769" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Oakdale are in the Hamlet of West Sayville and the Hamlet of Great River.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 PM

Default For those who may not be familiar with Bayport

For those who may not be familiar with Bayport:

Bayport is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the southeast part of the Town of Islip, in the south-central part of Suffolk County, along the Islip/Brookhaven town line.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Bayport in the Town of Islip is bordered on the north by Hamlet of Holbrook; on the east by the Hamlet of Blue Point in the Town of Brookhaven (the Islip/Brookhaven town line); on the south by the Great South Bay; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Sayville.

The Hamlet of Bayport has a different border than does the "Bayport, NY 11705" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Bayport, NY 11705" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Bayport and a place can have other than a "Bayport, NY 11705" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Bayport): places that have a "Bayport, NY 11705" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Bayport are in the Hamlet of Sayville; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Bayport with a "Sayville, NY 11782" mailing address.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:39 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times
I find that info you recieved to be very misleading. All of Sayville and Oakdale is nice. You should have no worries where ever you choose.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikmove View Post
We are looking to relocate to Sayville or Oakdale. I loved the village of Sayville, but the houses are very small. I am looking for some feedback on what you think of the 2 areas. Also, seen some houses in West Sayville and West Oakdale, but was told to stay away, is that the general consensus? WE have 2 small girls and want a family community, good schools, the works. We are practicing Catholics and want to be around churches. Don't mind other religions, just want to make sure ours is avail to us. I also saw Sayville schools and Connetquot schools, whats the feedback on those? CAn't wait to hear from you

Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 AM

what about bayport area? hows that for a family and how are the schools in blue point?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:36 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times
Same as Sayville & Oakdale. You would have no worries at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikmove View Post
what about bayport area? hows that for a family and how are the schools in blue point?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 AM

thanks! good quality of life and close to beaches, oceans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island