Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 11:03 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,855,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Please go to the televised Town Hall meeting so we can see the poster whine cry and sob about all the parked cars in the street that "belongs to him" in his mind! Should be quite entertaining!

Get over it. If your neighbor has a party every day or has his friends over every day and they park in front of your house that's just the way it is. People park in front of my house and I could care less.
The street is not yours! Stop acting like a selfish self entitled territorial tyrant to live next to..

And yes this happens all over long island even in the better areas. Too many delusional homeowners with all their unwritten rules
Yeah that used to be called courtesy.
You know, back when people were a little more civilized and neighborly.
Now we’ve got animals and self entitled scumbags everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2023, 12:03 PM

1,262 posts, read 561,609 times
Your complaints have everything to do with the behavior of individuals and nothing inherent to any unsafe condition stemming from the very existence of the accessory apartment.

You can have overcrowding, garbage, cars, and obnoxious neighbors with or without an apartment... the obnoxious neighbors could also be the owners and not the tenants.

You also are wasting your time citing municipal code. The applicant already received waivers from sections of local code; the renewal is largely a paper exercise and the only thing the municipality is worried about is whether the owner went above and beyond the scope of what was permitted.

Old 03-18-2023, 04:25 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,260,967 times
Quote:
Please go to the televised Town Hall meeting so we can see the poster whine cry and sob about all the parked cars in the street that "belongs to him" in his mind! Should be quite entertaining!

Get over it. If your neighbor has a party every day or has his friends over every day and they park in front of your house that's just the way it is. People park in front of my house and I could care less.
The street is not yours! Stop acting like a selfish self entitled territorial tyrant to live next to..

And yes this happens all over long island even in the better areas. Too many delusional homeowners with all their unwritten rules
Found the clown. Ever heard of "fences make for the best neighbors"? In other words, boundaries are key to a civilized society. People like you bank on others being civilized while you're not. If everyone acted like a pig, acting like a pig wouldn't be so lucrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yeah that used to be called courtesy.
You know, back when people were a little more civilized and neighborly.
Now we’ve got animals and self entitled scumbags everywhere.
It's not even courtesy. People just realized that "two can play the game" and in the end mutually assured destruction benefits no one. There are those that take advantage of the fact that they'll play the game but others won't. That's the only way being a pig works.

Old 03-18-2023, 05:07 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Found the clown. Ever heard of "fences make for the best neighbors"? In other words, boundaries are key to a civilized society. People like you bank on others being civilized while you're not. If everyone acted like a pig, acting like a pig wouldn't be so lucrative.

It's not even courtesy. People just realized that "two can play the game" and in the end mutually assured destruction benefits no one. There are those that take advantage of the fact that they'll play the game but others won't. That's the only way being a pig works.
Agreed!!

What adds insult to injury with cases like the OP's is the astronomical property taxes (including one of the highest paid police forces) homeowners pay on Long Island. I hear many people say "Yes, we pay alot, but we also GET alot, including a high quality of life."

The equation High Taxes = High Quality Of Life obviously doesn't compute in situations like these. I wonder what the OP's property taxes are, bet they're not cheap....

Old 03-18-2023, 07:15 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
I feel for the OP. There are so many POS neighbors out there. No, you do not own the street but it is common courtesy NOT to park in front of someone else’s house. It’s downright weird. I would never consider doing it. I would feel like an AHole if the neighbor asked why. I would have no valid answer. Neighborhoods used to be full of people who said hello and helped each other. Now it is full of a bunch of illegal apartments with trash occupants who have no pride in keeping a home presentable. As for garbage, when I first moved to Farmingdale, I put my recycle can out on a Sunday afternoon and the neighbor came out and warned me that I could get fined if I put it out before 5 pm. There are definitely rules for garbage but they are probably enforced Ed as much as they crack down on illegal apartments. When I rented an illegal apartment, the landlord told me to only park on the side of his house so that no neighbors would complain. Even he was courteous enough to not be a Jack @ss..

I would move out now while you can. Wait til the summer when all of their loser friends who don’t own homes will visit the nice house in Brentwood. You’ll be listening to blasting mariachi music til 3 am every night and don’t forget the non stop fireworks all year. Move to a town like Rockville Center that does not allow any street parking after 9 pm. Good luck.

Old 03-18-2023, 08:26 PM

718 posts, read 620,358 times
If he was the real deal he would would tell his neighbors 11 friends to move their car since he is such a tough guy. Instead your crying about cars in front of your house to a bunch of strangers!

long island has no shortage of letter writing rats! They thrive on getting people in trouble with all their little codes and manuals. They can't wait for the updated code book to be released from the town like a blockbuster movie !

Old 03-19-2023, 05:32 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:

False. Try parking in front of someone’s house in Garden City or Brookville (and many others) and see what happens.

As for the rest of your ridiculous post which is typical of “high horse” armchair quarterbacking from someone who obviously dosent have to deal with a nightmare neighbor.

Old 03-19-2023, 10:05 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
Quote:
If he was the real deal he would would tell his neighbors 11 friends to move their car since he is such a tough guy. Instead your crying about cars in front of your house to a bunch of strangers!

long island has no shortage of letter writing rats! They thrive on getting people in trouble with all their little codes and manuals. They can't wait for the updated code book to be released from the town like a blockbuster movie !
He can’t approach the neighbors about the 11 cars because he already knows what will happen. It will be complete retaliation where they will park in front of his house 24/7 purposely snd do who knows what else. He is a sitting duck and will have to deal with all the neighbor’s inconsiderate crap for as long as he lives there. They are obviously low life’s who only care about themselves.

No, no one owns the street but normal considerate people have the common sense not to park in front of someone else’s house. But society only functions when people are somewhat considerate to each other. You should not do certain things only because it is illegal. In other words, I can blast heavy metal music non stop at the highest decibel allowed by law from 7am til 11 pm. But would I? No. I am allowed to by law. But I’m not a piece of crap. I am considerate of others. Would I have an all night outdoor party in my yard and blast booming bass rap music til 2 am. No. I would rent a hall and not subject my neighbors to listen to that noise. Other people are simply narcissist and do whatever they want because they feel they have the right to do it. They don’t care about the neighbor who is old and sick or the 6 month old baby or the average person that works all week and simply wants to relax on the weekend. These morons, much like the ones you live near, are nasty, inconsiderate people. The only way to end it is for you or them to move. I would move if I were you. Location, location, location.

Old 03-19-2023, 10:00 PM

718 posts, read 620,358 times
Had three completely unknown car in front of my house last night. Neighbor had a small get together. I also had there pizza box blow on my lawn.

No letter to the town. No crying. No having a break down on the internet .

Nothing.

Get over it bud it happens all over. You may have deeper issues that need to be addressed rather than worrying about cars all day and night .

Old 03-20-2023, 05:03 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Had three completely unknown car in front of my house last night. Neighbor had a small get together. I also had there pizza box blow on my lawn.

No letter to the town. No crying. No having a break down on the internet .

Nothing.

Get over it bud it happens all over. You may have deeper issues that need to be addressed rather than worrying about cars all day and night .
Oh please like that’s even mildly comparable to what the op is describing. Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island