Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2023, 05:26 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times

Advertisements

Just do a circular driveway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2023, 06:48 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
OP needs to park infront of tj2013's house.

If he lives too far away, buy the cheapest car you can find
...$500 or so, and make sure it leaks oil all over the street! ...and park it Infront of tj2013's house. Move it every few weeks - drive around the block and park it again.

One problem solved.

Now hopefully someone can help the OP with his initial problem.
You left out a few things...

Old 03-20-2023, 07:32 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Check with the town office regarding occupancy rates and also the Suffolk County Fire Marshall. You may be able to get action if you have regulations on your side. Now as to if it is worth it to you in terms of your safety and that of your family, only you can answer if your neighbors would do something to you or not.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:42 AM

718 posts, read 620,595 times
There should be a town department for the the cry babies and rats! Oh the horror all the strange cars in front of a house with a legal apartment that's not doing anything to anyone

Old 03-20-2023, 09:31 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,360,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Had three completely unknown car in front of my house last night. Neighbor had a small get together. I also had there pizza box blow on my lawn.

No letter to the town. No crying. No having a break down on the internet .

Nothing.

Get over it bud it happens all over. You may have deeper issues that need to be addressed rather than worrying about cars all day and night .
I constantly have about 10 cars parked outside my house (i am on the corner) whenever neighbors have get togethers but that is usually a couple of times per month. I wouldn't write letters or complain either. But if it were every day, than that is just inconsiderate. His only issue is his neighbor, whos is overtaxing the school system, garbage collection and space they are living. A three bedroom house was meant for a family of 4 or 5. There is not any hard fast rule but that is what the average sized house on Long Island were built to accommodate. 11 adult aged people is absolutely ridiculous. That is what apartment house are for in the city. Not a quiet town in the suburbs.

I am going to guess that you either do not have neighbors like this and are trolling or you ARE this type neighbor. Neither is a good look for you.

Old 03-20-2023, 11:24 AM

1,263 posts, read 561,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Check with the town office regarding occupancy rates and also the Suffolk County Fire Marshall. You may be able to get action if you have regulations on your side. Now as to if it is worth it to you in terms of your safety and that of your family, only you can answer if your neighbors would do something to you or not.
Fire Marshal has no jurisdiction in private homes. The occupancy has already been approved for accessory apartment use. Occupancy limitations are based upon size of bedrooms and available common areas. The matter is already up for a renewal hearing. In my experience with code enforcement, this also typically requires a site inspection to verify no additional modification has been done to the home.

The OP complaints largely boil down to behavior, not code issues. It's going to be hard to prove that there is actually a case of the dwelling being over occupied vs just having people in and out a lot. Even small families can produce a lot of garbage and own 11 cars if they want. Some local codes allow for a presumption of residence based on car registration, but it's still an uphill legal battle to obtain and then use that information in any kind of court proceeding.

Old 03-20-2023, 03:09 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,059,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
There should be a town department for the the cry babies and rats!
Are you referring to the Dunlop "Cry Baby" electric guitar effects pedal...? (See Below)

And the rats, you mean the "Good Rats?"...

Cry Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKzXJt0dY34

Old 03-20-2023, 04:05 PM

50,297 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I'd check into seeing if you can get permit parking. You'd have to get signatures of majority of neighbors but with neighbors like that it's worth it.

Old 03-20-2023, 05:20 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,360,116 times
My friend had a no parking Saigon in front of his house because his wife was handicapped. His garbage neighbors continued parking there anyway. You can’t stop people like this from being the way they are.

Old 03-20-2023, 07:34 PM

9 posts, read 5,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeMeQuick View Post
Gentrification by definition isn’t race or nationality-based. It’s when wealthier residents move in, make improvements to property, attract successful businesses by doing so, and incentivize others to do the same, resulting in displacement of the former occupants, who may or may not be members of a certain race. I think it would be great for the area if the many of the current (read: unsavory) occupants were squeezed out. Where they’d go, I don’t know, but that’s a question for a different day. I imagine your undesirable neighbors would fall into the category of the displaced. I’m happy to hear you’ve got all this support from friends, family and even the police!
You’re right on this. I should’ve done more research on the true meaning because growing up, I was taught it was a race thing. Not saying I was kicked out of anywhere either due to it. I’ve grown up in ghettos worse than Brentwood and I’ve dealt with a lot of adversity but that’s why I have thick skin. I honestly hope the remaining phases on the Heartland Town Square project get approved. Who knows how long until it’s completed but it’s going to be years if approved. Hopefully it makes people move here which would be a benefit for me to sell once it happens. Plus at the moment I’m not worried in a housing crash. Technology is only advancing and more and more jobs are allowing their workers to work from home. I work from home 3 days out of the week and pretty soon I’ll be a full time work from home employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island