Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM

61 posts, read 152,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
Don't take the 3:15AM train, from PENN to Ronkonkoma, unless you want to be a Crime Victim.

The train, while mostly populated by sleeping workers, is peppered with a fair amount of Predators who like to terrorize and intimadate people.

They "thin out" when the train passes through Farmingdale, Deer Park, Wyandanch, Brentwood, CI...you know the Drill !

It's the PERFECT train, if you want to be mugged !

I hate that train! especially when there are a lot of drunks on it.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama8 View Post
I also wonder if having so many illegals is making immigration accept less people each year by quota? I don't know if that is the case, but it would be interesting to find out.
No they don't. They just ignore the illegal aliens when it comes to the quotas.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:15 AM

11 posts, read 27,993 times
i have remedy....quick extermination of bullys..anyone over 15 years of age..convicted of such behavior shall be exterminated from society..problem solved..

Old 02-09-2009, 03:23 AM

11 posts, read 27,993 times
nacy threader ,,,democrat,, american civil rights supporter..tolerant of crime for the sake of freedom.. says no to a law abiding citizen who pays taxes to carry weapon for self defense. tolerant of gangism,thugism,crimeism, and one of those quick to lable truthisms and factisms as racism.

but we love you anyways.
open any morning paper sweety.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:23 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railmomma View Post
I hate that train! especially when there are a lot of drunks on it.
After a RANGER game !

And you are wading through the stale vomit, the next morning !

Old 02-09-2009, 05:42 AM

44 posts, read 150,787 times
Why is Elmont always mentioned on the list of "bad" areas?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroy View Post

A, what I call, "safe haven", from Law Enforcement or ANY legal authority, for that matter.

It's "safe", FRANKLY, because of the ability of the Predators and their Crews, to, virtually, "disappear" into the general population of the area, and be "protected" by the residents.

In there, it's an "US against THEM" mentality, where it's a CONSTANT "state of siege" with the Outside World. It's a society, unto it's own.

Predators and Crews, use cars and other forms of public transportation....believe me, it's just like in the City)...where these Crews, transverse the localities surrounding the immediate Elmont area, going so far as Hicksville. When using public transportation, they actually TIME their Crimes, to the schedules, for the crime and the get-away ! They also melt into the housing AROUND their target area of opportunity, as well, using mobile partners. It's a sophisticated operation, not unlike D-DAY, in it's complexity and execution !

The attraction here is BROADWAY MALL, especially on holidays, where THE ENTIRE AREA, is a virtual "shooting barrel" for their personal "pickings" !

I am sure there are other areas like this, that are frustrating for the Police and...ahem...civic leaders, but it's an accepted way of Life, ON BOTH SIDES. No one is going to give...it's a GAME to them, all, as strange as that sounds.

This relationship between Police and Predators can get strange, to those unaccustomed to it's peculiar nature. Some of the time, the Police "know" who those who commit crimes and are "career criminals" of every type, and vice versa...they are actually on first name basis, sometimes !

Old 02-09-2009, 07:08 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroy View Post
Because it has a reputation of being "bad".
"Bad" is a relative term. Some people's oppinion of what is bad, may not be so bad to others.
EX: I think Hewlett Harbor, Lawrence, Woodsburgh, Most of the Gold Coast, and the Hamptons are "bad". Those rich people really scare me, especially when they are driving. Nearly been killed by one of them looney tunes dozens of times

I have panic attacks everytime I see a Benz or a BMW...

Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
"Bad" is a relative term. Some people's oppinion of what is bad, may not be so bad to others.
Yeah, you're right.

Atilla The Hun was a mixed up kid !

Old 02-09-2009, 07:26 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbarings View Post
nacy threader ,,,democrat,, american civil rights supporter..tolerant of crime for the sake of freedom.. says no to a law abiding citizen who pays taxes to carry weapon for self defense. tolerant of gangism,thugism,crimeism, and one of those quick to lable truthisms and factisms as racism.

but we love you anyways.
open any morning paper sweety.
You might want to open a dictionary, just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island