U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:02 AM

2,940 posts, read 7,954,470 times

Advertisements

OK, so I've been putting up alot of negative pictures of Westbury. And for those that live in the better sections of town West of Post and North of the parkway and dont go down Post ave, they may not see the problems.
I myself live a block away from Post ave fortunately on the WEST side, but when you dont drive you have to walk down Post ave for the bus and the train, unless I walk out of my way (which I dont do in the hot summertime).
Sometimes I get off the bus on Glen Cove rd and walk the 2 miles toward my place.
The Parkway drive section is very nice.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/Btraindash/westburygood3.jpg (broken link)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/Btraindash/westburygood4.jpg (broken link)

As well as the section near Ellison ave which borders Carle Place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/Btraindash/westburygood2.jpg (broken link)

And sometimes I take a much longer walk from the bus stop in Jericho through the northeast part of town (North of the pkwy of course).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/Btraindash/westburygood1.jpg (broken link)

I have a feeling most of the people that live on these streets rarely venture "downtown". Perhaps if they did, they'd be more aware of what is going on and tell the mayor and the village council to get their act together or be gone in the next election.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,084,415 times
Great pictures!! For anybody looking to move to Westbury, I believe the area west of Ellison Avenue is actually in the Carle Place school district which is a huge improvement over Westbury schools....and also nicer than or on par with Carle Place itself, IMO.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 PM

I dont think so, I see "village of Westbury" boundary signs on the east side of Carle Rd.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,465,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I dont think so, I see "village of Westbury" boundary signs on the east side of Carle Rd.
Village and School District boundaries do not coincide.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Village and School District boundaries do not coincide.
Looks like we need Walter Greenspan to settle this....

Old 06-07-2008, 01:24 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,084,415 times
I looked it up, everything west of Ellison Avenue is in the Carle Place SD. Carle Road is the village boundary, except north of the parkway where it extends further west.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I looked it up, everything west of Ellison Avenue is in the Carle Place SD. Carle Road is the village boundary, except north of the parkway where it extends further west.

That explains why the streets are nicer on the west side of Ellison and I dont see any illegals.
Just imagine if we put the boundary at Post ave! Time to get the New cassel out of Westbury... (ok you can now lynch me....)

Old 06-07-2008, 09:11 PM

Just one more question though, why doesn't Carle Place have a library or do they use Westbury?

Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 AM

222 posts, read 863,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post

I have a feeling most of the people that live on these streets rarely venture "downtown". Perhaps if they did, they'd be more aware of what is going on and tell the mayor and the village council to get their act together or be gone in the next election.
John,

I live right off the street you photographed above...LOL.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 AM

222 posts, read 863,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
That is correct. North of the parkway the village border extends to Glen Cove Rd. (Walter can correct me here). But to be clear, the homes in the Carle place s.d. in the VoW, are in fact, way nicer than your typical Carle Place home. Many of the homes over in "Campo Villa" and the "WoodcocK" area are in the $750 to $1M+ range. Drive/walk-up Carle Rd to Jericho Turnpike north of the parkway... you will see what I mean. That's why I say the Term "Westbury" is huge in term of the real estate it covers....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island