Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:18 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times

Advertisements

I see this new burger joint opened in Smithtown. Is it like a fast food place or resteruant? If it's reasonable I'm willing to give it a shot, because I have stopped eating at Wendy's (yuck!) and need a new burger place to go to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 04:42 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I see this new burger joint opened in Smithtown. Is it like a fast food place or resteruant? If it's reasonable I'm willing to give it a shot, because I have stopped eating at Wendy's (yuck!) and need a new burger place to go to.
Where in Smithtown?

I wish there was an All American East!

Old 06-06-2008, 05:27 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,543,677 times
It's on Main Street (RT25) in Smithtown. Its kinda in between fast food and a rest. Its alittle pricey but the food is VERY good and they have a ton of toppings for your burger, sweet potato fries, milk shakes etc.

You stand in line to order your food, then they serve it to you at the table.

The employees over there are GREAT. all high school kids that are polite and willing to help. A very nice refresher.

I think he has one in huntington too but Smithtown is much nicer.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:17 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,748 times
They just opened one in Huntington Village as well, on New York Avenue next to European Republic. The place that was there before was ABC - American Burger Company.....I thought it was the same people reopening with a different name --but maybe it's not?

Old 06-06-2008, 01:02 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,873 times
It is the same people are American Burger Co, just a different twist. The first was in Huntington Village, which recently changed. There's another location in Hicksville, on Old Country Rd, John.

The burgers are fresh and the ingredients much better than fast food. It's worth the extra money for sure.

As a side not, this is the same owner as Honu in Huntington, as well as Besito in Huntington, Roslyn, and (soon to be) Connecticut.

American Roadside Burger, Home of the World Famous Road Star Burger

Just tried to put in American Roadside Burger, Home of the World Famous Road Star Burger and it switched to roadside, so maybe Hicksville will switch, too (though it just opened).

Old 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,399 times
Ok, yes, it is fast food but a grade better. We used to be very big fans of it, esp the one in Hicksville. I used to rave about it. But...the last few times we have gone the quality has really gone downhill. The most recent time we went we vowed it would be our last time (Hicksville one). It is always understaffed, which has compromised the food quality.

I do plan to try the one in Huntington and Smithtown but I will never go back to the Hicksville location again. And yes, American Burger Company is American Roadside burgers, so they probably just remodeled the one in Huntington to make it as appealing as the new Smithtown location. That was always a complaint of ours too, with the Hicksville one. It is so cold and sterile looking, literally always cold in there. Just not comfortable and enjoyable, so I am looking forward to trying the one in Smithtown. Looks so much more appealing. Hoping it tastes as good as the Hicksville one used to taste b/c it used to be really good. I would give it a try if I were you (Smithtown location or Huntington location) but i can't say anything good about the Hicksville one anymore (based on my last few experiences there, not just one).

Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,543,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
It is the same people are American Burger Co, just a different twist. The first was in Huntington Village, which recently changed. There's another location in Hicksville, on Old Country Rd, John.

The burgers are fresh and the ingredients much better than fast food. It's worth the extra money for sure.

As a side not, this is the same owner as Honu in Huntington, as well as Besito in Huntington, Roslyn, and (soon to be) Connecticut.

American Roadside Burger, Home of the World Famous Road Star Burger

Just tried to put in American Roadside Burger, Home of the World Famous Road Star Burger and it switched to roadside, so maybe Hicksville will switch, too (though it just opened).
Besito is also excellent!

Old 06-06-2008, 03:35 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,508,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Where in Smithtown?

I wish there was an All American East!
I miss it too!

Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
There's been a few nights when we're sitting here and we've come thisclose to making a road trip.

If I find myself heading into Nassau, I always detour to All American to bring home double-doubles....yummmmmm.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:34 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Why does everything open on the North Shore???

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island