Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:22 PM

197 posts, read 511,595 times

Advertisements

All I'm gonna say is if you disagree, here's the link to help shoot this bill down.
A-CHAMP.org - Email Today to Stop Worst Vaccine Bill Ever in New York

Phone numbers to call and let your opinion be known:
Governor David Paterson (518) 474-8390
Speaker Sheldon Silver (518) 455-3791

Assembly Bill 10942 would make all vaccines recommended by the CDC mandatory for all children to attend school and, and for the first time vaccines would become mandatory for infants and toddlers.

The bill was introduced in Rules Committee at the request of Richard Daines, the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Health. The Rules Committee in the personal committee of the Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D-Manhattan).
A-CHAMP is calling for rejection of this bill and is demanding the passage of A5468/S3031, a bill that would give individuals a right to a philosophical exemption from vaccine mandates. This is no time to transfer vaccine decisions away from individuals and elected officials answerable to the voters and give it to obscure bureaucrats with financial ties to the vaccine industry.

Here are a few features of the proposed bill:

Our elected New York representatives would no longer determine the mandatory schedule of vaccines to attend school; decisions made by the federal Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices would automatically become mandatory.

--All children, infants and toddlers included, in New York would be required to get all vaccines recommended by the ACIP according to the ACIP schedule

--All children in New York up to age 18 would be required to get annual flu shots.

--All girls in New York would be required to get a human papilloma virus shot.

--All junior high school children and college students would be required to get meningococcal shots.

--Doctors would be required to issue certificates for every shot given and parents would be required to maintain the records and provide them to school and other authorities.

--The rules committee claims that the new laws would have no fiscal impact on the state despite the necessity of the state to spend tens of millions on purchasing new vaccines, a vast increase in mandatory record keeping and enforcement for schools, and a huge increase that could be expected in the number of cases of neurological damage, Guillian Barré syndrome and other vaccine-caused injuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 05:31 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,542,584 times
I'm all for mandatory vaccines.....although this does seem alittle too comprehensive.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:34 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,555 times
I'm NOT for mandatory vaccines and thank you for posting this alliswell. I saw a different mailing yesterday but this is easier to do and easier to spread far and wide.

Thank you

Old 06-06-2008, 05:36 PM

197 posts, read 511,595 times
I agree KB, me too! We need some level of controlled adminstration to keep everyone healthy, but this takes away all recourse and voice from the people via our elected officials and gives it to a govt. agency that we'd have no say or control over - ever. Give it away, we'll never get it back. It's scary.

Welcome Gigi, I knew you guys would be interested. I actually took the time to post on all the NY boards here. Hope I don't get in trouble. The govt. getting into my wallet is one thing, but they're not gonna get their hands on my kid!

Old 06-06-2008, 05:39 PM

220 posts, read 1,119,289 times
Thank you for posting this.

Here's some more info, about the precise opposite type of bill, with links.
It is from this mailing list: nyvic-updates@nyvic.org, which you can subscribe to here: subscribe to a list - Mojo Mail 2.8.9

Dear Friends and Parents,

New Yorkers for Vaccination Information and Choice
*Philosophical Exemption Alert*

As you may know, a Philosophical Exemption bill was introduced into the New York State Legislature by Suffolk County Assemblyman Marc Alessi in 2007. The bill was re-introduced this year as A05468. A similar bill has been introduced into the State Senate as S03031. According to the Assembly's website, no action has been taken on these bills since they were re-introduced and referred to the Health Committee in January. To read the contents and progress of the bills, see Bills and Bills.

A parent recently notified us about an on-line petition in support of the Assembly bill. It can be found at YES to Philosophical Exemptions in New York State Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ].

Early this year, Advocates for Children's Health Affected by Mercury Poisoning (A-CHAMP) started a letter and e-mail campaign in support of the bills, through their website at A-CHAMP.org - Act Now to Win Vaccine Choice Rights in NY.

The bill was referred to in an article in Newsday, April 29, 2008, "Parents of autistic kids push for vaccine law," at www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/tuesday/health/ny-liauti295667075apr29,0,6633882.story (broken link).

We encourage support of the petition and e-mail campaign, but you can make an even greater impact by personally visiting or calling your representatives at their offices, or by writing personal letters in your own words, to let them know your opinion on these bills.

If you don't know who your state representatives are, this is a good time to find out. There is a list of NY State Assembly members at New York State Assembly - Members, where you can search for the Assembly Member(s) for your zip code. To find your State Senator, see New York State Senate >> Senators. If there are more than one district in your zip code, you will also need to know which Assembly District you live in. This information should be on your voter ID card.

Since the Philosophical Exemption bills are still in the Health Committees, we also suggest contacting members of these committees. To find members of the Assembly Health Committee, see New York State Assembly - Committees, Commissions, and Task Forces. To find members of the Senate Health Committee, see http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/STATDOC/COMS15.HTML (broken link).

You can find the above information and more on the "Health and Immunization Law" page of the NYVIC website at Health and Immunization Law.

The next NYVIC information and support meeting will be Sunday, June 1st (5:30PM) at Realbirth, 54 West 22nd Street in Manhattan. Please check Regular Support Meetings in Manhattan to Discuss Vaccination Options for any possible changes a few days before the meeting.

Warmest regards,
the NYVIC team
Goodlight Images & Design

Old 06-06-2008, 05:47 PM

220 posts, read 1,119,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
I'm all for mandatory vaccines.....although this does seem alittle too comprehensive.
Many vaccines are already mandatory in order for children to enter school, day care, other places. The number of recommended vaccines is enormous. I forgot how many (perhaps someone can post) vaccines children would receive if they got EVERY vax recommended by the CDC on schedule, but I think it's absurd. So many live viruses at one time, in short intervals, at such young ages! They tell us not to give our children eggs until they are one, peanuts until they are three, but they are more than comfortable injecting four live viruses in a single injection. AND we have to sign that we understand the possible negative outcome, including in rare cases, death. I've gotten every required vax for my child - no more and no less. And I don't want to give him any more and certainly not on THEIR recommended schedule, which includes multiple vaccines at each visit at incredibly young ages.

FWIW, there are medical and religious exemptions in NY (but not philosophical, as in other states).

Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
In this day and age of widespread international travel and migration, we do have to keep ourselves protected from diseases which may have been virtually eliminated in this country, but which exist in greater proportions within poor nations.

I had no objection to the recommended vaccines and those required to enter school, but have major issues with the HPV vaccine. I feel it was pushed through by special interests with inadequate time to fully study the side effects. The vaccine is considered effective only on young women who have not yet had sexual intercourse. Sure, there can be some girls out there who are saving themselves, but on the same hand consider oral sex not to be 'real sex' Some states were considering making the HPV vaccine mandatory for admission into Middle and Junior High School. Young girl's bodies are still maturing at that age; however their ovaries are already egg-laden.

I ask: where are the long term studies to prove that there is no potential mutagenic effect on the HPV vaccinated girls' eggs?

In this day and age of exponentially increasing cases of autism, of childhood cancers and greater than average increases in all manner of potentially deadly allergies, the HPV vaccine is something that has been rushed through with little research into the very long term effects. Did you know that the offspring of Thalidomide sufferers also have the same problems?

The potential for widespread reproductive/child bearing nightmares is unimaginable. If the pharmaceutical companies have their way, EVERY female of reproductive age will be injected. Several young women have already died from the vaccine, not cervical cancer. I refuse to let my daughter be their guinea pig.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Its a complicated issue. In the past, "herd immunity" ie enough people were recieving the vaccine to help protect those who couldn't receive it. Now with more people opting out, the diseases are becoming more prevalent. I wonder when the first family who didn't vaccinate is sued by a family of a kid who dies from being in contact with the uninnoculated kid.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:21 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,555 times
The Gardasil Hoax

YouTube - Gardasil HPV Vaccine Hoax Exposed

Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,508,516 times
I've worked with too many parents who swear their child was fine up until vaccinations. I'll take a mother's instinct over a physician's word any day. The doctors get pampered waaaaaay too much by these pharmaceutical companies for me to trust them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: