U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 AM

148 posts, read 522,396 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any in Suffolk or even Nassau. I know of Book Bin in Oceanside but it is very far away from me. Somebody said there is one in Patchogue but I never saw it. There is one in Huntington too that is really big. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,359,462 times
There is a really good one out here in Port Jeff Village that is directly across from the public library. It's very nice, but I forget the name of it, sorry. There is also a Best Bargain Books out here, which is cheap as well, great selection.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:36 PM

5,044 posts, read 5,056,556 times
The one in Patchogue is on North Ocean Ave just before Reeses pub on the same side as Reeses. Its a blue building.

Good luck
d

Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM

8,547 posts, read 19,946,403 times
There is a really good one out here in Port Jeff Village that is directly across from the public library.

I am pretty sure that one closed awhile ago, unless a new one opened in its place. Book Revue in Huntington does not really have used books anymore. We had a small one in Babylon Village that did not last even one year. I don't think that there is that much profit in used books & so many people sell them on the internet.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-26-2008, 03:23 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,359,462 times
I think it must be a new one then, Nancy. I was just there with my son the other day. Wonder if it is even in the same spot? Weird.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:19 PM

Yes, it was right across from the library just as you had said. The back was the parking lot behind The Elk's Hotel and I think that there was a stairway from there. I forgot the name of the bookstore, though.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 PM

6,764 posts, read 21,040,424 times
Speaking of libraries--they are great places to find used books! You can try and find out when they are having book sales (some always have a cart handy). I have gotten many cheap books from sales at various libraries.

*I miss NY libraries very, very much!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 PM

148 posts, read 522,396 times
Thanks everyone. I knew the Good Times book store closed in Port Jeff but I did not know another opened there. I agree most used bookstores are in trouble tghese days due to the intenet but sometimes it is nice to get lost among the stacks and discover something unexpected..........

I am going to try the store in Patchogue. Thanks again.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:03 PM

Not to advertise or anything (ahem) , but our library in Babylon Village has great booksales . They're in June and November. Lots of other libraries do the same thing. You can get great books for a quarter .

Old 06-29-2008, 10:42 AM

652 posts, read 2,161,768 times
"Inside" The Book Review in Huntington they have loads of books in discounted bins. Not used...but CHEAP.
Just bought an 800 page hard cover book "I Celebrate Myself" The biography of Allen Ginsberg....for $5 and "A Life" by Paul Bowles...another new hard cover book for $7...Can't beat that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island