Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,158,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbarings View Post
took lirr -huntington line for three years... had to take percocets in order to not find myself in jail. i wasnt designed for 19th century travel. and averaging 50 miles an hour ..for old men and women might be just fine , but for me time is passing much quicker ,need 21st century solution,, kinda like great britian, france, germany, japan, china has. in the year 1900 it took lirr one hour to travel 40 miles..from syosset to penn.. in the year 2009 it takes lirr one hour to travel 40 miles.. cant pay for that. ill take my car average 70 miles hour Get to work much faster and not have to deal with young minority criminals on sub -way... unless of course new york actually upheld the constituional of right to bear arms, then i can protect my self

Moderator cut: racist remarks removed ,
instead only cops and criminals are allowed to carry weopans in new york(DIFF SUBJECT).. so i'll take a pass on the LONG ISLAND RUSTY RAIL.. ya ya ya very angry man... i guess im not a lawyer making $500 an hour living in oyster bay cove..they have nothing to be angery about do they..time passes slowley for them. they take the oyster bay branch, the pearl of the lirr lines.add extra 25 minutes for 18th century rail road performance.

so when the conductor asks next time how is your day you can ignore him or put him the gap.
I was liking your post until your veered on a John Rockerish racist rant.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-05-2009 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 05:50 AM

11 posts, read 27,940 times
Default express for the oysterbay line.

why in the hell does oyster bay not have express line??????????

time to manhattan 90 minutes..wich of course makes it irrelevent., and not usable for sanity reasons.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 AM

sorry...percocets. but not racism,just factism..i love all civil; educated humans

Old 02-05-2009, 05:56 AM

unforutnatley, thats only about 20% of human population,, and that reside above the equater,,with the exceptions of australia and new zealand.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,967,700 times
Is it "racism" to say that the seat on the double-deckers, are NOT made for Western physiques, but for smaller and slighter, Oriental physiques ?

Try being JAMMED in a crowded car, when, in some seats, you have you knees JAMMED up into your own chest, and your neighbor's elbows are poking into you, everytime they shift in their seats ?

AND THAT'S NOT ALL...how's about getting KLUNKED in the head, by someones brief case coming down on you, in those small overhead racks ?

AND those Cheap-o's who take the train to the plane, and go through the SMALL, NARROW ailes, JAMMING ALL THEIR OVERSIZED LUGGAGE INTO YOUR ANKLES ?

I guarantee you, FOR A TWO HOUR RIDE, you are thinking of it, BUDDY !

And LOTS of other things, too !

Old 02-05-2009, 07:18 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,101,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbarings View Post
why in the hell does oyster bay not have express line??????????

time to manhattan 90 minutes..wich of course makes it irrelevent., and not usable for sanity reasons.

Try 2 hrs from Port Jeff.

Less than 60 miles.

Useless.

crooks

Old 02-05-2009, 09:06 AM

653 posts, read 1,050,731 times
What's the starting salary and the max? Just curious. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
you could say that about many other civil servants, but you're right - the money ticket takers get paid compared to what they actually do is a joke.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,182,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
Is it "racism" to say that the seat on the double-deckers, are NOT made for Western physiques, but for smaller and slighter, Oriental physiques ?

Try being JAMMED in a crowded car, when, in some seats, you have you knees JAMMED up into your own chest, and your neighbor's elbows are poking into you, everytime they shift in their seats ?

AND THAT'S NOT ALL...how's about getting KLUNKED in the head, by someones brief case coming down on you, in those small overhead racks ?

AND those Cheap-o's who take the train to the plane, and go through the SMALL, NARROW ailes, JAMMING ALL THEIR OVERSIZED LUGGAGE INTO YOUR ANKLES ?

I guarantee you, FOR A TWO HOUR RIDE, you are thinking of it, BUDDY !

And LOTS of other things, too !
I have never had the pleasure of taking the double-decker train, so I don't know if it also has a very annoying and destructive design flaw the newer regular trains do:

The arm-rest on the end of the aisle, instead of being a solid panel like the older trains, is just a horizontal slash of plastic extending out at elbow length that is not attached to the bottom of the seat in any way. I always have to be careful to make sure my purse strap or jacket does not get caught on it! My brother-in-law ripped a suit on one of these arm-rests and sent the LIRR the tailoring bill to repair it (which they paid). Other people I know have also had problems with it. I suppose besides being "mini-people," the designers of the train actually never rode on a train in full office gear or they would never have "designed" such an arm-rest.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:12 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,967,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I have never had the pleasure of taking the double-decker train, so I don't know if it also has a very annoying and destructive design flaw the newer regular trains do:

The arm-rest on the end of the aisle, instead of being a solid panel like the older trains, is just a horizontal slash of plastic extending out at elbow length that is not attached to the bottom of the seat in any way. I always have to be careful to make sure my purse strap or jacket does not get caught on it! My brother-in-law ripped a suit on one of these arm-rests and sent the LIRR the tailoring bill to repair it (which they paid). Other people I know have also had problems with it. I suppose besides being "mini-people," the designers of the train actually never rode on a train in full office gear or they would never have "designed" such an arm-rest.
I don't think they were "designed", per se.

The inside accoutrement' is some leftover Soviet trains, that used to transport human cargo to the Gulags !

Just like those "cattle car", wide, NYC subway cars...memories of the Holocaust !

Old 02-06-2009, 07:37 AM

funny, i agree. but if the trains actually moved forward at a 21st century velocity, you wouldnt mind the design as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island