Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 PM

22 posts, read 150,988 times

Advertisements

Funny, just heard on 1010 WINS the other day that there was some big murder shooting in a project building in RVC. I didn't even know there WERE projects there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 05:55 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,513,019 times
Yeah are small area by the Links, I think.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 AM

68 posts, read 293,576 times
The projects are right off Peninsula Blvd. Also close to North Village ave. the Links are North RVC.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjandamom View Post
The projects are right off Peninsula Blvd. Also close to North Village ave. the Links are North RVC.
Do you mean up where Peninsula and N. Village Ave almost come together?

I just wanna be careful where I look, but I guess I'm good if I stay around Sunrise and/or Lincoln Ave.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM

68 posts, read 293,576 times
South of Lincoln Ave. is very nice I grew up there. Hendrickson Ave and Windsor Ave have beautiful houses. But North RVC is very nice too. Around DeMott Ave and Brower Ave. both very nice areas.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:44 PM

175 Maple Avenue is advertising. Does anyone know much about this area of RVC and should I be wary that it's 1200 for a 1BR in a three story building?

I have it in my head that RVC apt's are only going to be around 1700-1800 or so, and any less like the above makes me wonder...maybe for no reason.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM

10 posts, read 67,655 times
I can't think of anything terrible on Maple. There are a number of rental buildings on Maple. Easy walk to the station & all the bars, restaurants and shops. Not much scenery though, it's close to a water tower and the town electical plant. There are a lot of co-ops nearby, so I am not sure which building this is.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:59 PM

3 posts, read 6,309 times
Default Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock501 View Post
The problem is, you never see much about RVC rentals on craigslist so do most people just find the number to the owner of the building or what? There's got to be a way other than going thru a broker who's gonna charge an arm and a leg for a fee.
Most rentals are through real estates if you are interested I can send you some rentals from MLS to your designated e-mail. At the present time I have a 3 bedroom, 2.5 Bath condo for sale at 99 S.Park Ave. If you know anyone who is interested don't hesitate to let me know. Are you looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom? My e-mail address is roeoz@aol.com. I hope this helps you.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,581 times
there are no good apartments in rvc unless you want to live in a tenament above some bar or pizza place. if you are familiar with the area there is an ok building on south park ave. a block or two south of lincon. the only other building similar to that is on a sidestreet that runs behind the 711 on merrick rd.(behind the big lot behind the 711).

Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 AM

889 posts, read 2,402,360 times
When it comes to living in those big old buildings in any town.......ask about one important thing.....

Roaches

Roaches do not leave some of these old buildings. They are a permanent fixture. They go from one place to the other depending on who sprayed last.

Lots of the old buildings in these towns have them....but they don't advertise them.

Ask. Stand outside the building and ask a few people who live in the building or ask someone moving out (they are usually the most truthful).

Let me tell you a story: About 10 years ago I was going through a divorce and I moved out of my house with my 3 kids. Our first apartment was in Baldwin on Merrick road. It was a nice enough building...the kitchen was updated, it had beautiful hardwood floors and 2 nice size bedrooms. My rent at the time was $1,075.
I lived there for about 1 month when I started to notice the roaches. I have fear of these damn critters...when I see them I freeze. They freak me out. We complained and they sent someone to spray....but then the man who sprayed came less and less. Well, Somewhere around the 9th month I wanted to break my lease and move to another place. That's when I noticed the game they were playing with me. They would send someone to spray every apartment but mine. And well.....you can just imagine without me describing it.

When I moved out of there I had to be careful to spray everything then put it in plastic before moving to a new place --making sure not to bring any with me.

Living with poison is probably worse than the bug problem. My poor daughters had to endure this constant spraying throughout the building.

Anyway, be careful. I've known people who lived in these large old buildings in Long Beach, RVC, Lynbrook, Freeport, Baldwin....

just ask. Find out. Once those suckers go in the buildings......well, lets just say that they do say that even in a nuclear war.....probably only roaches would survive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island