Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:14 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxl View Post
Thus, low ball offers are good, good for the Realtors. Why are so many agents against it? Why do they argue it is a waste of time?
I have no idea who argues with you. If an offer is made it MUST be presented. Period, the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 04:22 PM

517 posts, read 2,485,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrahs80 View Post
KB ....that is the sellers problem....not mine.

So why is it that I am being tagged as "a highly unethcial buyer" by the REA's on this board if in fact the seller wants to negotiate directly with me - - at the point where his contract expires? I dont understand why ethics have anything to do with me since - - if what you say is correct - - they are going to have to pay the commission to both mine and his previous agents.
You're right - it really is the seller who is contractually obligated here but it was you who posed the question of ethics originally. You must have had some doubts to ask it. So I'm not sure why you are surprised by those that said yes, it is unethical. If your conscience is clear then that's your answer.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM
lxl

74 posts, read 412,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
I have no idea who argues with you. If an offer is made it MUST be presented. Period, the end.
I'm not arguing with anyone. I merely raised a few questions for the readers to think it through. You have been on this board for some time and I am sure you have came across a few threads regarding making offers. Here are a few I dug up -

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...0k-asking.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...ales-pace.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...en-buying.html

Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I'm not arguing with anyone. I merely raised a few questions for the readers to think it through. You have been on this board for some time and I am sure you have came across a few threads regarding making offers. Here are a few I dug up -

I didn't read them or post in them. I had time today to post but I don't always. No matter what.....no one is stopping you or anyone else from making an offer. Will the homeowner accept it? Well if it's ridiculously below the asking price --probably NOT...but if it's reasonable they might consider it. And then again....if you are the ONLY Person who made an offer, they are desperate and the clock is ticking on another mortgage and or tax payment for them....maybe they'll consider it??? One never knows unless they try, right? I hear all the time how people want to kick themselves for not accepting an offer they got and then never received another offer like it again.

It's a buyers market. Take a chance.
But when it's the other way around....like it was...when people were paying OVER the price listed because of more than one offer.....well, than don't complain either.

If I was looking for a house I would start shopping now. As long as you have proof you can get a mortgage with a high credit score as proof as well......go for it.

Best of luck to you I'm sure you'll get something very very nice!

Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 PM

34 posts, read 80,580 times
Quote:
no no no no no and no. But it sure sounds like something you would do since you have thought of all of this!

Wow, you are a piece of work and I wouldn't want you to sell me a house a car or insurance. And I certainly hope you actually find a nice realtor to help you buy a home one day....you should be so lucky!

You are a very mean spirited person.
I am a mean-spirited person?????? Im a piece of work??? Did I start the flaming here? Go back and read the postings from the beginning if you so desire...I simply asked a question (read the first posting) and I obviously struck a raw-nerve with THE REAL ESTATE AGENTS trolling on this board trying to "protect their interests"

As a matter of fact, #'s 3-5 above happened to us this past weekend.

You need to "up your training" Gigi because you seem to have fallen far behind the curve as to what is actually happening out there and what your fellow realtors are doing just to "Get a sale"...

Why are you openly advertising on this chat board anyway?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrahs80 View Post
I am a mean-spirited person?????? Im a piece of work??? Did I start the flaming here? Go back and read the postings from the beginning if you so desire...I simply asked a question (read the first posting) and I obviously struck a raw-nerve with THE REAL ESTATE AGENTS trolling on this board trying to "protect their interests"

As a matter of fact, #'s 3-5 above happened to us this past weekend.

You need to "up your training" Gigi because you seem to have fallen far behind the curve as to what is actually happening out there and what your fellow realtors are doing just to "Get a sale"...

Why are you openly advertising on this chat board anyway?
I stand by what I said. You're a piece of work.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Yes, I use my real name. I think that if more people did not hide behind the anonymity afforded by using fake names, we would not see as much hateful talk as we do on this board.
You are not just using your name here, you are openly and willingly advertising that you are a Real Estate Agent that operates out of an office in East Northport.

Thus....you are shilling for business on this board....nothing more, nothing less.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBo View Post
You're right - it really is the seller who is contractually obligated here but it was you who posed the question of ethics originally. You must have had some doubts to ask it. So I'm not sure why you are surprised by those that said yes, it is unethical. If your conscience is clear then that's your answer.
My conscious in now VERY CLEAR.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Sorry all....but I have to laugh.....I just read the posts by the Realtors on these threads.....it is OUTRAGEOUS what they are saying.....buyers...BEWARE

Examples:
1) MOSER STATES: "Dont even bother offering below $100,000 less then a list price - - it will never be accepted". Lets just take one example here since I dont have the time: 78 The Serpentine in Roslyn Estates sold for $150,000 BELOW LIST PRICE. Listing in Sept 2007 at $990, Sold in Feb 2008 for $840. I looked at it: a gorgeous ranch, pristine condition. OVERPRICED BY REALTOR AND SELLER TO BEGIN WITH...sold when they all came to their senses as to its value in the market. We should have LOW BALLED MR MOSER !!!!!!!!!!...we are still kicking ourselves (LOL

2) MOSER States: Media uses scare tactics telling everybody that RE is terrible in CA, NV and Az...but it is really a local issue - - so dont worry Long Island Buyers: we still will get you to PAY THRU THE NOSE. What absolute, unadulterated NONSENSE. Inventory is at its ALL TIME high on LI. And as for houses in current contract, simply go to Laffy.com and look at their listings in contract......pretty paltry stuff.....and the selling season is generally over in a week. Sorry Mr. Moser - - get out of your dreamworld and start admitting that things dont look so good for your commissions right about now....or over the next few years at least.

3) MOSER AND BOWMAN state that Listing discounts are at 4-6% in areas???? Why dont some of you download PrudentialElliman's Q1 and Q2 market reports. Listing discounts on North Shore were between 7.8 - 13.2% SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

Potential Buyers on this board beware........Be very aware...... Do your research....dont listen the unobjective propoganda here......

Last edited by hurrahs80; 07-23-2008 at 05:27 PM..

Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I stand by what I said. You're a piece of work.

Scary concept.....a REA standing by what they say............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island