Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 01:33 PM

123 posts, read 580,219 times

Advertisements

While browsing before I read in another Section it was actually the NYC Section that they were discussing having a forum get together, where people could meet/eat/drink/talk etc

Does this Long Island Section ever have one? Maybe something to think about? Might be quite fun. Could meet at a resturant or somewhere in the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,873 times
I'm not sure that some of the people on here should be put together in the same room. Fisticuffs might erupt!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:44 PM

123 posts, read 580,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I'm not sure that some of the people on here should be put together in the same room. Fisticuffs might erupt!

they might actually get along...who knows they could meet and realize they even know each other lol

Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
I liken it could be something like this:

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city-data is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice,dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I liken it could be something like this:

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city-data is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice,dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Rep For the GB Quote!!!!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 AM

652 posts, read 2,265,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Westbury View Post
While browsing before I read in another Section it was actually the NYC Section that they were discussing having a forum get together, where people could meet/eat/drink/talk etc

Does this Long Island Section ever have one? Maybe something to think about? Might be quite fun. Could meet at a resturant or somewhere in the middle.
I spent yearssssssssssssss in a builders forum that was organized by Fine Homebuilding magazine. There were regulars from all over the country and one of us would hold a "Fest" once a year in August. Two years ago I had one here at my home in Cold Spring Harbor and over fifty builders and their familes came from every corner of the country for three days to put names to faces. Tons of fun.
Check out my web site in my (Home Page) if you wanna see photos and a discription of what went down. i think it's listed under "Andy In The News".

Last edited by andybuildz; 07-31-2008 at 12:34 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,555 times
Quote:
Lol, Tom I was thinking the same thing!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuildz View Post
I spent yearssssssssssssss in a builders forum that was organized by Fine Homebuilding magazine. There were regulars from all over the country and one of us would hold a "Fest" once a year in August. Two years ago I had one here at my home in Cold Spring Harbor and over fifty builders and their familes came from every corner of the country for three days to put names to faces. Tons of fun.
Check out my web site in my (Home Page) if you wanna see photos and a discription of what went down. i think it's listed under "Andy In The News".
When's the BBQ Andy

Old 07-31-2008, 09:27 AM

My vote is for Happy Hour at the Day Laboror building on 110 & Depot in Huntington Station OR

Over by Westury where we can take a walking tour of JohninWesbury's pictures lol

Old 07-31-2008, 09:55 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,542,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
My vote is for Happy Hour at the Day Laboror building on 110 & Depot in Huntington Station OR

Over by Westury where we can take a walking tour of JohninWesbury's pictures lol
LOL.....that is funny....is there a dress code?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island