Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 03:50 AM

153 posts, read 606,059 times

Advertisements

good ol' rosedale lanes.

*sigh* lol

And to whom it was above about the good ol' days of the mob etc. etc.

you're 100% right, that was no better. It's horrible to think all the hate to "blacks" just for being black. I'm glad it's no longer like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 07:30 PM

3 posts, read 6,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You are incorrect. This has been discussed on other threads, including commentary from a high school student in VS who knew the two kids who were first arrested. Do a search.

And if those attackers were WHITE KIDS I daresay you would not be posting about them because they don't fit into your "time to move out there goes the neighborhood and this proves all blacks are animals" theory.
Actually Moderator cut: name-calling
, im not incorrect. I was referring specifically to this thread where all comments stemming from my original post seemed to have side-stepped the issue. Furthermore, you can "daresay" what you like so long as you ignore the reality that these were not white kids who were charged with a crime and therefore your allegations about me only posting because the accused were black, stands completely unfounded and suggests that you yourself have some issues with race to contend with. Had anyone been as viciously beaten as was the case on July 4th, I would call for justice. Does your response suggest that you wouldn't? I only need add that while im not a gambler, I would wager on all charges being dropped and the accused be found not guilty. If there is anything we can learn from the OJ trials.. deny deny deny! The kids who were there that night have not been hanging out in the area all summer and are keeping very tight lipped about the incident. It simply will not be possible to prove that any person in particular was responsible for the victim's injuries.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-28-2009 at 12:28 PM..

Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 AM

659 posts, read 2,516,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyNoMore View Post
I was referring specifically to this thread where all comments stemming from my original post seemed to have side-stepped the issue. Furthermore, you can "daresay" what you like so long as you ignore the reality that these were not white kids who were charged with a crime and therefore your allegations about me only posting because the accused were black, stands completely unfounded and suggests that you yourself have some issues with race to contend with. Had anyone been as viciously beaten as was the case on July 4th, I would call for justice. Does your response suggest that you wouldn't? I only need add that while im not a gambler, I would wager on all charges being dropped and the accused be found not guilty. If there is anything we can learn from the OJ trials.. deny deny deny! The kids who were there that night have not been hanging out in the area all summer and are keeping very tight lipped about the incident. It simply will not be possible to prove that any person in particular was responsible for the victim's injuries.

In Newsday today, they said all of the charges were dropped against the kids involved in the attack. You were correct...Maybe you should gamble...lol.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-28-2009 at 12:28 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 07:25 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Default The Grand Jury Did Not Believe the "Victim"

Charges were not arbitrarily "dropped." Nobody was found "NOT GUILTY" either.

There was a grand jury who heard the evidence (and heard a lot more than what WE know from the news reports). The grand jury did not bring an INDICTMENT. That is the way the system works.

As per Newsday:

"The district attorney chose to present the case to an impartial grand jury of the defendants' peers," said Eric Phillips, a spokesman for District Attorney Kathleen Rice. "That's the fairest thing a prosecutor can do in a situation where there are two sides to a story."

Washington and Blaise are black and Frigenti is white. Griffin said there was not enough evidence for police to look into the case as a hate crime. Police said witnesses had raised the possibility of a bias attack.

Griffin said Washington, Blaise and two friends were arguing with some other Valley Stream teens when three adult men, including Frigenti, came over, told them to leave and then attacked them.

"Everything my client did was in self-defense, and he did nothing exceeding his right to defend himself," Griffin said. He asserted that Washington and Blaise were not responsible for Frigenti's most serious injuries, which included fractures of his eye orbits and jaw, contusions and swelling on the brain.

It appears the grand jury did not believe the "victim's" story that he was an innocent party minding his own business, but rather believed he was an instigator who caused his own problems. If, as the famous quote goes, "a prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich" is true, then either the prosecutor is woefully incompetent or there is more to the story than what we know from the news regarding the "victim's" conduct as a person who started the altercation and attacked first.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyNoMore View Post
I was referring specifically to this thread where all comments stemming from my original post seemed to have side-stepped the issue. Furthermore, you can "daresay" what you like so long as you ignore the reality that these were not white kids who were charged with a crime and therefore your allegations about me only posting because the accused were black, stands completely unfounded and suggests that you yourself have some issues with race to contend with. Had anyone been as viciously beaten as was the case on July 4th, I would call for justice. Does your response suggest that you wouldn't? I only need add that while im not a gambler, I would wager on all charges being dropped and the accused be found not guilty. If there is anything we can learn from the OJ trials.. deny deny deny! The kids who were there that night have not been hanging out in the area all summer and are keeping very tight lipped about the incident. It simply will not be possible to prove that any person in particular was responsible for the victim's injuries.
Okay maybe I am jumping the gun on this since I don't know you, so I will retract that. However, it seems as if you only joined to rant about these kids.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-28-2009 at 12:29 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
I used to live around there. They are building a CVS. Well they were. I don't know whats been going on, looks like they stopped. I miss that bowling alley. Ugh. I wan't to move back to Valley Stream.
Thanks for answering!

It looked kind of like a big CVS ...

There are already two in Valley Stream that are nearby so why build yet another in Rosedale?

CVS is really taking over the big box pharmacy field.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:10 AM

63 posts, read 238,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Lots of drug dealing going on everywhere. Crime stats for all the communities discussed are available at RelocationEssentials.com. Rosedale, NY 11422 is well below the national average in most categories, in fact it's on par with most middle class areas on the south shore of Nassau and Western Suffolk. Homicide is a "6" while the average is a "5".....strangely I've noticed most areas in downstate NY are typically above average in that category alone (yes, even Long Island).

I have a bunch of friends from Rosedale who lived there when it was heavily Italian....they all say it's gone down the tubes, , once the blacks moved in it was all over, yadda yadda. As if the creeks and marshlands down by Rockaway Turnpike aren't still loaded with bodies from mob hits carried out 20-30 years ago. What's the difference? I know former Rosedale residents who brag that "back in the day" they would drag black kids out in the street and beat them with crowbars, or throw rocks through their windows any time a black family moved into the neighborhood....like this is something to be proud of.

Honestly, it sounds like it was more of a s-hole back then to me.

It's 2009. We have the internet and accurate crime statistics kept by law enforcement professionals. I'll trust that data over some Tony Stugots' xenophobic sob story about the old neighborhood and the glory days when you could drop N-bombs in public and not get looked at like a child rapist.

This one is getting really tired, folks. Can we at least find a new dead horse to beat?
Amen to that!!! I couldn't have said it better.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-28-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island