Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,129 times

Advertisements

I just graduated college in Ohio and I am moving back to Long Island. I've been applying for jobs left and right and I wanted to know if anyone had suggestions for good companies to apply to (Nassau county).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 AM

366 posts, read 1,036,619 times
What kind of job are your looking for?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,129 times
Something working in finance. I graduated with a BA in Economics so I am looking at a broad range of jobs. I have applied for many Financial Analyst jobs with utility companies as well.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 AM

1,386 posts, read 5,346,667 times
general large companies on LI:
Henry Schein
Forest Labs
B&N
Computer Associates
Cablevision

Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM

55 posts, read 180,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espi3324 View Post
Something working in finance. I graduated with a BA in Economics so I am looking at a broad range of jobs. I have applied for many Financial Analyst jobs with utility companies as well.
Espi,
I know Estee Lauder in melville has jobs for financial analysts etc. IMO you should concentrate on Manhattan unless you really hate the commute. My wife and I both work in the financial industry and most of the big companies and high paying jobs are in the city. I say this after dealing with many head hunters who always tell my wife that she would have to take a pay cut coming to Long Island(shes at JPM now after they took over her BSC department). I work in the hedge fund industry which is represented in Long Island but is much larger in Manhattan as well. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island