Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 AM

556 posts, read 1,445,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
There was talk about the CVS on Post ave closing because they are having huge problems with theft, even though that store is always busy. And one of their employees getting off at night and walking home got mugged. These issues were brought to the attention of the "safety comission" here in the village but nothing got done. The safety commision is a joke, I dealt with them when the dog attacked me and they did nothing either. A bunch of useless people paid to do nothing...they just kiss up to Mayor Strada.
Yes, i know a girl who worked there and she said it got robbed 3 times when she worked there. I went in didnt seem bad at all just like u said alot of shrink(from theft).

But to further about Sailsbury estates, your talking about the section of brick split levels? There are amy upper middle class there. Many BMW's and mercedes to be found. Mostly Middle eastern white and italians there. Nice and very safe area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 11:07 PM

8 posts, read 21,986 times
Default Salisbury Estates

Lets start by clarifying the geographic location of Salisbury Estates.

It is bound by Old Country Road to the North, Salisbury Park Drive to the West, Eisenhauer Golf Course to the South and Carmen Avenue to the East.

The entire neighborhood is in the East Meadow School District, #3.

And, Salisbury is a HAMLET of Hempstead - not of Westbury.

Salisbury is no where near New Cassell. New Cassell is 2+ miles to the North of Old Country Road, and Further East than Salisbury.

These sorts of threads are extremely dangerous because they mis-inform internet browsers about neighborhoods, and could negatively effect real estate prices.

In an already depressed housing market - the last thing needed is a bunch of "mavens" offering very strong and incorrect opinions. For those of you that have questions I suggest you speak to a Realtor.

After all - if you had a toothache would you ask your friend that is a Lawyer to treat it?

For those of you with just a passing interest in Salisbury I recommend the following references:

Maps.com :: World's largest map store :: wall maps, travel maps, atlases, digital maps and more. (http://www.google.maps.com - broken link)

MLSLI.com – Long Island Real Estate – Find A Home in Nassau, Suffolk & Queens

Homes.com - Real Estate and Homes For Sale.

Trulia - Real Estate, Homes For Sale, Sold Properties, Real Estate Maps

Real Estate, Homes for Sale & Real Estate Values - Zillow

Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qualifiedopinion View Post
That's always a good idea.

Salisbury Estates is a neighborhood in the Hamlet of Salisbury.

Quote:
It is bound by Old Country Road to the North, Salisbury Park Drive to the West, Eisenhauer Golf Course to the South and Carmen Avenue to the East.
The eastern border of the Hamlet of Salisbury is several blocks east of Carmen Avenue.

A map of the Hamlet of Salisbury in the Town of Hempstead:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Salisbury-nassau-ny-map.gif (broken link)

Quote:
The entire neighborhood is in the East Meadow School District, #3.
The Hamlet of Salisbury is in the East Meadow Union Free School District, with the exception of a very small area in the eastern part of the Hamlet of Salisbury that is in the Levittown Union Free School District.

Quote:
And, Salisbury is a HAMLET of Hempstead - not of Westbury.
Yes, Salisbury is a hamlet in the Town of Hempstead and is not part of Westbury, which is a village in the Town of North Hempstead.

Quote:
Salisbury is no where near New Cassell. New Cassell is 2+ miles to the North of Old Country Road, and Further East than Salisbury.
The Hamlet of New Cassel in the Town of North Hempstead is directly across Old Country Road -- the southern border of New Cassel IS Old Country Road -- from the Hamlet of Salisbury in the Town of Hempstead. Further east would be in the Hamlet of Hicksville in the Town of Oyster Bay.

A map of the Hamlet of New Cassel in the Town of North Hempstead:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/New-cassel-ny-map.gif (broken link)

Quote:
These sorts of threads are extremely dangerous because they mis-inform internet browsers about neighborhoods, and could negatively effect real estate prices.
Yes, they are.

Quote:
In an already depressed housing market - the last thing needed is a bunch of "mavens" offering very strong and incorrect opinions. For those of you that have questions I suggest you speak to a Realtor.
Unfortunately, most Realtors are geographic illiterates who constantly confuse the name of the community that is in a place's mailing address with the community where that place is located.

Last edited by Walter Greenspan; 05-18-2009 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Correct "Barmen" to "Carmen"

Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 AM

748 posts, read 2,888,020 times
While I agree with most of the things you said.. I would like to point out the your statement about the geographic proximity is wrong. From Walter's maps, New Cassel's southern border is on Old-Country road, and Old country road is the dividing line between New Cassel and Salisbury.

2+ miles north of Old Country road is actually north of Norhern State Parkway ( and probably deep into Old Westbury/Brookville). Its only 1 mile from Old Country road to Northern State parkway.

Quote:

Old 05-29-2009, 01:17 AM

Walter you are right, technically the geographic border to the west is a few blocks past Carmen Ave. I just didn't know the names of all the streets, and for most of us residents of Salisbury - we view the cut-off at Carmen.

I was not aware that any of the homes were in the Levittown school district. I'll take your word for it.

And, yes sadly many realtors are not as qualified as they should be. However, one could make that argument about any profession.

As for New Cassell - I was referring to the fact that directly off Old Country Road is a Commercial district (warehouses, stock yards, etc.) and the residences of New Cassel do not start immediately North of Old Country Road. And, from my house in the "P" section on the golf course - New Cassell would be 2 miles away. I should have written about the distance from the Northernmost border of Old Country Road instead of from my house.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 AM

659 posts, read 2,517,020 times
You could safely buy in Salisbury and not live near New Cassel, just watch out for homes on the border of it. Myfriend lives there and is almost 2 miles from New Cassel. It's not my ideal location,and I chose not to buy there, but its not bad like some people here are posting.

Most of the home are Levitt homes (I was unaware some were in the Levittown sd though)

Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I was not aware that any of the homes were in the Levittown school district. I'll take your word for it.
My error: while there are houses in the Hamlet of Salisbury that have a "Levittown, NY 11756" mailing address and there are some homes in the Hamlet of Levittown that are in the East Meadow Union Free School District, there are no houses that are in the Hamlet of Salisbury that are in the Levittown Union Free School District.

Talking about some homes in the Hamlet of Salisbury that have a "Levittown, NY 11756" mailing address, isn't that the area where Bill O'Reilly grew up: //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...levittown.html

Quote:
And, yes sadly many realtors are not as qualified as they should be. However, one could make that argument about any profession.
//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...you-think.html may help you understand the great geographic confusions caused by non-conforming ZIP Code postal zones.

You can find out in which community (city, village or CDP) a property is actually located, which, as per the above, is oftentimes different from the community named in that house's mailing address, by using the Census Bureau's online address search function. (CDP or Census Designated Place is the Census Bureau equivalent for a hamlet in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.)

And, very importantly, among other things, the Census Bureau's online address search function also indicates in which school district an address is located.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Default Thanks!

Walter - thank you for all the valuable information. It is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM

Default Salisbury Resource

I found a good write up about Salisbury - for those of you that might be interested in buying there:

Cristina Callegari Kanellopoulos - Keller Williams Realty - Carle Place, New York

Photos of homes, map, school info, etc.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I found a good write up about Salisbury - for those of you that might be interested in buying there:

Cristina Callegari Kanellopoulos - Keller Williams Realty - Carle Place, New York

Photos of homes, map, school info, etc.

The web site says, "Salisbury is a Hamlet of Hempstead ... "

Should be, "Salisbury is a hamlet in the Town of Hempstead."

The web site says, " ... however, this neighborhood shares it's post office with the town of Westbury (located in North Hempstead).

Should be, " ... however, this community shares it's post office with the Village of Westbury in the Town of North Hempstead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island