Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 06:37 PM

2 posts, read 18,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
When Mad Hatter turned into a disco it had one of those disco-y names which has completely escaped me. (Levels?) We used to go to Spanky's (alternative music, enter through the back door) in the early-mid 80's when we were SBU students.

Around 1989 or 90 I went out to dinner with a group of friends from work and the club was gone. In it's place was an Italian restaurant.

Shadows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 18,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
When Mad Hatter turned into a disco it had one of those disco-y names which has completely escaped me. (Levels?) We used to go to Spanky's (alternative music, enter through the back door) in the early-mid 80's when we were SBU students.

Around 1989 or 90 I went out to dinner with a group of friends from work and the club was gone. In it's place was an Italian restaurant.
Shadows

Old 09-12-2015, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 8,726 times
How about solomen grundy's dont remember where in suffolk

Old 09-13-2015, 09:17 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
Back in late 70s early 80s it was Speaks, Malibu, RTI, and a few others I cannot recall for me.

One great band, not mentioned, that played at Speaks was Stanton Anderson Band (played Springsteen, Southside Johnny, etc)...to answer a question early on in this thread about a Dead band, might have been Timberwolf.

Maybe the reason for so many great rock clubs back then was because there were also so many more and great rock bands to emulate back then as well.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:43 PM

166 posts, read 313,624 times
And the drinking age was 18, and there were a lot of us of that age group back then, no MTV, no video games, etc. etc. Great times to be 18 to 23 yr. old !!

Old 01-11-2016, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 8,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCraze View Post
Ok...So does anyone remember my former all original 80's band called The Craze? Played all over LI...Opened up for John Waite in '85 at Key Largo (formerly Hammerheads), played often at Sparks (Dream St), The Stage Door...as well as in Manhattan - The Cat Club, Trax, etc...Got air-time on WBAB often and Rockin' Robin would come down and introduce us (for a time) at our shows...One of the more popular songs I had written was "Nuclear Nervous" and we used to pass these white "Nuke Suits" out to the crowd as I played the intro on my old OBX Oberheim...? Have I tweaked anyone's memory? I won "Best Male Vocalist" (Peter Christian) in Good Times Music Paper in '85, and our band came in 2nd to "Mazarin" (sp?) that same year...Let me know if anyone remembers us...Peter
What's up Pete, this is Matt and my band in High School got to oopen up for u guys. You and ur band came to my house in North Babylon and played a tune in my basement on our instruments. Can u put up any old videos on YOUTUBE?

Old 06-02-2017, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 16,128 times
Default L.A. Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter bean View Post
what was the name of the club on Montauk Highway in Amityville on the corner of Route 110? I remember seeing a Doors tribute band there that was awesome

L.A. Woman...I was the drummer, 1980 and 81

Old 06-02-2017, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 16,128 times
Default Pastimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctybaert View Post
L.A. Woman...I was the drummer, 1980 and 81
Pastimes was the name of the club in Amityville

Old 06-16-2017, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 8,002 times
The Bijou on 110 in Farmingdale ! The band ST4 played there for about 30 years before it closed !

There was a Solomon Grundy's in Massapequa as well as RVC. Anyone recall that one ? Was the one in Massapequa called Solomon Grundy Frigate ?

Old 06-20-2017, 06:29 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
Anyone mention Smokey's Pub, on the Oceanside/Baldwin border near Silverlake Park?...."get really stoned, drink a wet cement" was their motto...used to be able to sneak in there at age 16 because they never ID'd....great juke box and microwaved Stewart sandwiches...Father and son bartenders (George??)....might be called Boston Garden nowadays. Was where I learned to drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island