Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 10,227 times

Advertisements

was born in '69 and grew up in north babylon until i was 19. don't know if it's true or not but rumor has it peter frampton recorded frampton comes alive at the commack arena. my fiancee also went to school with the stray cats and saw them play multiple times at bars in massapequa where she grew up known as neptunes and foxes. her brother-in-law was best friends with them for years. yes she is 10 years older than me. and what about sundance in bay shore next to the southside hospital. my friend said he saw guns and roses play their just before they went big. what about in the seventies early eighties when you went over the robert moses bridge and what looked like you could walk across the bay on all the clam boats. anyone from babylon village remember the old place called the army base which use to be a old military sea plane base. and what about the big old paddle boat sitting where they built john anthony's on the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Hey fellow N. Babylonian!

What street?
Deer Lake Dr. for me.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:39 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
...When,Walter links a map to any mention of a town you bring up.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:36 PM

195 posts, read 310,460 times
you're here bitching about how expensive it is

Old 06-05-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Hey fellow N. Babylonian!

What street?
Deer Lake Dr. for me.
new york avenue three blocks from belmont elem. school. deer lake hah i use to race my little gas powered radio controlled boat in deer lake. it was so nice over there. but didn't that lake dry up at one point. is it still there or did they build more homes on it.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM

208 posts, read 492,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYAVE View Post
new york avenue three blocks from belmont elem. school. deer lake hah i use to race my little gas powered radio controlled boat in deer lake. it was so nice over there. but didn't that lake dry up at one point. is it still there or did they build more homes on it.
Knowing LI They Probbly did

O Look at that Trees we can"t have that Lets plop another 5 homes on It!!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:44 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Can't recall right off who, but I remember knowing a girl that lived there too. The Lake would periodically dry up back to the creek that it was formed from by the contractor that dug it out. It would happen about every 7-8 years or so. The Civic Association Lake Property (Beach) was sold and now there are houses where it was.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Can't recall right off who, but I remember knowing a girl that lived there too. The Lake would periodically dry up back to the creek that it was formed from by the contractor that dug it out. It would happen about every 7-8 years or so. The Civic Association Lake Property (Beach) was sold and now there are houses where it was.
try and think back who she might be maybe i know her. what year did you graduate.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:36 AM

407 posts, read 966,408 times
Quote:
was born in '69 and grew up in north babylon until i was 19. don't know if it's true or not but rumor has it peter frampton recorded frampton comes alive at the commack arena. my fiancee also went to school with the stray cats and saw them play multiple times at bars in massapequa where she grew up known as neptunes and foxes. her brother-in-law was best friends with them for years. yes she is 10 years older than me. and what about sundance in bay shore next to the southside hospital. my friend said he saw guns and roses play their just before they went big. what about in the seventies early eighties when you went over the robert moses bridge and what looked like you could walk across the bay on all the clam boats. anyone from babylon village remember the old place called the army base which use to be a old military sea plane base. and what about the big old paddle boat sitting where they built john anthony's on the water.

From Wikipedia:
The album was recorded in summer and fall 1975, primarily at Winterland in San Francisco, California and the Long Island Arena in Commack, New York. The Winterland recordings were recorded on a 24 track master recorder. Other concerts were recorded on a 16 track recorder. Recordings from four different shows were used for the original album. Master tapes were recorded at 15 inches per second using professional Dolby "A" noise reduction.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 AM

ok so i was partially right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island