Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 09:51 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Sure do, do you remember this?
Bungalow Bar taste like tar, the more you eat it the sicker you are.
Bungalow Bar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 13,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
I lived in N. Massapeqau also, rite off Broadway on Baltimore Ave. My father use to work in that bowling alley as a kid before they had automatic pin resetters!
Do you remember the Sigillos who lived on Baltimore avenue?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:01 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,145,674 times
Thanks for that GCGuy!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:48 PM

83 posts, read 381,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Remember Chevy's on Sunrise where Atlantic Auto Mall is now! Now even the Huntington Towne House is becoming Lowes. Remember
Holy crap this thread is bringing back some memories.

I'm living in sunny Southern Cal now, but was born & raised in Deer Park:

Chevy's???? wow. Been a LONG time for that one.
Huntington Town House... crap, I couldn't list all the events I've been to there.

Also mentioned in this thread... OBI - I've been and still remember years worth of "Save the OBI" bumper stickers.

I sorely miss:
  • spending days at Robert Moses Beach (field #2) - even if it meant sitting in lots of traffic over the bridge.
  • even Jones Beach (field #3)
  • the countless number of Diners I ended up at late at night (Olympic in Deer Park, Dix Hills Diner, Embassy in Bethpage, Nautilus in Massapequa, Peter Pan in Bay Shore, Delphi in West Islip)
  • Riding the LIRR (and hearing the stops called out: Wantagh, Seaford, Massapequa, Massapequa Park, Amityville, Copaigue, Lindenhurst and Babylon)
  • Gardner Manor Mall (in Bay Shore) - I used to ride my bicycle there to get Orange Julius and play in the arcade
  • WBAB !!!! (which I grew up on and still listen to streaming online)
  • WLIR/WDRE (screamers/shrieks of the week!!)
  • The Boardy Barn
  • Cruising 231 (DPA = Deer Park Ave) or "The Pike" (Hempstead Turnpike) when in high school
  • White Castles (you don't get "belly bombers" out here in Cali - probably a good thing)
And yes... YEARS worth of Billy Joel. He still brings a smile to my face when I see him on TV and a memory whenever I hear a song on the radio.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:07 PM

92 posts, read 476,609 times
Quote:
Thanks for that GCGuy!

OMG Thank you for the memories. I can't wait to show this to my kids.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilid View Post
Does Anyone Remember The Name Of The "disco" That Was Either In North Or West Babylon And Was Located In A Strip Mall???

Wasn't that "Shalimar" or something (I'm sure the spelling is way off)... it was off Montauk Highway/Main St. and in the corner of the strip mall...

I may have the name wrong, but I DO remember it. I went there ONCE. Saw Rob Base & DJ Easy Rock play back in '88/'89... and there was a huge fight right after the performance... figures..

Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootgirl55 View Post
That name...Bob Buchman - very familiar. Can someone refresh my memory? Was he a DJ?
BF

Bob Buchman was a DJ on a few stations, but most notably for WBAB.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post
I kinda picture Zebra and Twisted Sister (remember when they were a zepplin cover band lol) as the same band don't know why - but good rats were good definatly better - they played on Sunrise hwy in West Islip I think all of the 70's lol.
No way. Twisted Sister (at least in the 80's) were more hard rockin'. I always imagined Zebra as the ultimate opening act for RUSH. I still love hearing those high pitched vocals from "Who's Behind the Door" and "Tell Me What You Want"

Old 05-21-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexusbella32 View Post
All American in Massapequa...Best Burgers Everrrrrr!
Agreed. Down on Merrick Rd. near Hicksville Rd. I only lived in Massapequa for 8 years, but grew to LOVE double-double's, fries & shakes. My kids were young, but loved it too. That place was ALWAYS crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Ressel View Post
The Bayshore roller rink was the best place to skate especially with the pom poms on your roller skates!
Spent alot of time in my youth at roller skating parties in Bay Shore Roller Rink ... although I preferred Studio 109 in Babylon (before it became and ice rink)

Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM

410 posts, read 1,676,142 times
Quote:
Thanks for that GCGuy!

WOW!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
You just made my day CSK.
Fabulous find!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island