Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 08:24 AM

6 posts, read 10,788 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone... lookin for some help here. I have been looking for a house for the last 2 years concentrating mainly on the Huntington and Centerport areas but obviously with no luck. I have tried expanding my search and taking trips into other towns and think this site might be more helpful....

Looking for:
- Nice village/town feel
- Nassau/Suffolk - Dont care but like the peaceful laidback attitude of suffolk
- Sorth Shore/South Shore - Same as above... maybe just as easy spot where I could put a small catamaran or jet ski into the water... and maybe a few mountain bike trails ha
- Good Schools for resale value

Not looking for:
- Obviously... bad neighborhoods haha
- Tight and/or hilly neighborhoods

As far as a home:
- 2+ Bedroom
- 1+ Bath (a master would be nice)
- Garage
- Basement
- Under $500,000 and $7,500 Taxes
(Dont mind putting work in either)

I'm a firefighter down in Little Italy, NYC... From huntington my commute is about an hour. I dont really mind driving, was even considering moving way out east in hampton bays and even up north to westchester. I just know what I want and am lookin for you guys to help point me in the right direction!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,661 times
If you liked Huntington and Centerport, you might try East Northport or Kings Park. Both are nice towns where you get more bang for your buck. Many NYC Firemen and Police live in Kings Park.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:35 PM

177 posts, read 892,940 times
Check out Rockville Centre on the South Shore in Nassau. It's a great town with a community feel, 35 minute commute to Penn Station via the Long Island Rail Road and the town itself is great. Lots of restaurants, walk around to the shops, excellent reputation and nice resale value. Also check out Oceanside -right next door and a little bit cheaper.

Good luck!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:18 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,397 times
Babylon is nice. It would take a little less than an hour to get to Penn from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island